Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Thank you :)
I weighed in yesterday morning, and I'd lost 1.25lbs, which I was really really pleased about, considering that I'd been in London all weekend, followed by the chippy tea, and then a week with The Man.
It means that I'm finally back under the weight that I was when I first joined Weight Watchers back in March (when I lost 10lbs and then put them back on, plus another 10 or so!)
Still a little way to go before I'm back under my lightest weight of last year, but at the moment I feel like I'll get there eventually.

I'm just having a little chill out at home now before going over to see The Man again for the rest of the weekend (I came home to see a friend last night, but she let me down....grrrrrr!). Ah well, it was quite nice to have a night in front of the TV and a bit of a lie in this morning...
Just waiting for the washing to finish drying before I set off again - it's like a sauna in here as I'm trying to dry everything on the radiators!! Maybe I'll sweat off a few more pounds ;)

Curry tonight (home made by me, so not too naughty :)) mmm mmmmm
xx

Well done hun!!!... you've had another good week then, and I'm glad you've made it back to where you started, that's a great acheivement!

How's the rowing machine? How long have you and The Man been seeing each other?..it's been a while now hasn't it?

Have a lovely curry, sounds nice :)

The rowing machine has taken a back seat this week, as I was away from home from Monday morning through to Friday night. I was going to have a little go on it today, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered!
Definitely planning to get back on it next week though. I'm at home all week, so there's no excuses!

I've been with The Man for about 9 month now...the time has really flown :) Seems like only 5 minutes ago that I was a bag of nerves getting ready to go on our first date!

The rowing machine has taken a back seat this week, as I was away from home from Monday morning through to Friday night. I was going to have a little go on it today, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered!
Definitely planning to get back on it next week though. I'm at home all week, so there's no excuses!

I've been with The Man for about 9 month now...the time has really flown :) Seems like only 5 minutes ago that I was a bag of nerves getting ready to go on our first date!

Yes, I can remember when you first told us about Go Fish, you must be so happy though for it to have whizzed by like that...do I hear a Minimins wedding?;)

I don't blame you for not getting on the rower, I've been hopeless with the exercise for just over a week..once I stop it, it's hard for me to get back into yet, guess I just like watching my soaps in peace :D
x

Well I've just weighed in, and I've lost a measly old half a pound. Feel so gutted, as I've been a perfect dieter this week. Every little thing I've eaten has gone down on my tracker...and I haven't had any nights out, or take aways.
This is really getting to me now. I don't mind not losing when I've gone off the rails, but I'm not losing much more than a pound even when I'm being perfect.
I know a pound a week is a healthy weight loss, but given that I'm still only just under 16 stone, it should be coming off quicker than this.
:( :( :(

Aww ((((hugs)))) I hate the way out bodies just don't want to give it up sometimes, no matter what we do :( I'm sure you'll have a better week this week! You've done your best and not cheated, you should be proud of that :)

You've come such a long way, go you x

Well, I'm back again with my tail between my legs, and a whole lot of weight to re-lose AGAIN! Why do I never learn?!

Basically, The Man and I had been mulling over the idea of doing TFR (Exante) for some time now. He has a fair bit of weight to lose as well, and feels that he needs the kick-start that it'll bring him.
I also need a massive kick-start, as I've been playing around within the same stone/two stone bracket for a couple of years now.
Anyway, we agreed a starting date, sent for the 'food' and waited....I'd got the V festival coming up, and he'd got an appointment to have a wisdom tooth extracted so we both decided to wait until they were out of the way before starting.
And in the meantime....I went on a massive food bender!!! I've eaten absolutely everything I felt that I might miss while I'm on Exante, and in massive quantities...chips, pizza, cheese, chocolate, you name it, I've eaten it - AND I've been avoiding the scales.

So today is finally THE day - all food has been packed away/thrown away, and as I'm writing this I'm one pack down (Vanilla) and two to go.
I'm also 1st 5lbs up from my weight at the beginning of August :( :( :( so I neeeeed a big loss this week to get me on my way!

Think I'm gonna start a diary in the Exante section as well for myself and The Man (this diary I'll keep just for me!) but I do hope to keep popping in here, as this is still my cyberspace 'home'.

Catch up with you all soon
Much love xxx

Well, I'm back again with my tail between my legs, and a whole lot of weight to re-lose AGAIN! Why do I never learn?!

Basically, The Man and I had been mulling over the idea of doing TFR (Exante) for some time now. He has a fair bit of weight to lose as well, and feels that he needs the kick-start that it'll bring him.
I also need a massive kick-start, as I've been playing around within the same stone/two stone bracket for a couple of years now.
Anyway, we agreed a starting date, sent for the 'food' and waited....I'd got the V festival coming up, and he'd got an appointment to have a wisdom tooth extracted so we both decided to wait until they were out of the way before starting.
And in the meantime....I went on a massive food bender!!! I've eaten absolutely everything I felt that I might miss while I'm on Exante, and in massive quantities...chips, pizza, cheese, chocolate, you name it, I've eaten it - AND I've been avoiding the scales.

So today is finally THE day - all food has been packed away/thrown away, and as I'm writing this I'm one pack down (Vanilla) and two to go.
I'm also 1st 5lbs up from my weight at the beginning of August :( :( :( so I neeeeed a big loss this week to get me on my way!

Think I'm gonna start a diary in the Exante section as well for myself and The Man (this diary I'll keep just for me!) but I do hope to keep popping in here, as this is still my cyberspace 'home'.

Catch up with you all soon
Much love xxx

I was only thinking about you the other day :)

I love Exante, I really do! I've had some slips ups but I've been able to get back on the wagon pretty easily. The first few days are the worst, but once you're well into your first week things get easier and the bonus is you don't feel hungry, the downside is, sometimes you still get the urge to put something in your mouth, if you can cope with that, then you're onto a winner :)

The results make it all worth while, and what with The Man by your side and you can help each other long, I think you'll get along just fine :)

I didn't realize but you can have certain fizzy drinks, like Dr Pepper Zero, coke Zero or Asda's diet charry coke and certain flavoured waters which really help. I've adapted my shakes, so that I still have 2 a day, but I have mine hot now with 500-600mls of water, still tastes great but just more of it, I have Slim Fast meal replacement bar in the evening as they're cheaper than the Exante bars and I think a bit nicer :)

I also went on a massive food bender before starting, it was chocolate, sweets, cake, ice cream and carb city all the way lol! I'm a lot more on focus now, and I'm hoping that 7 ish months of tfr and I'll be at goal...it's hard but I think you'll do great.. Nice to see you back :)

Alex and The Man have done excellently on Exante...hopefully she'll come and tell you all :)

Hi Rach,
Welcome back :) It's good to see you!
I'm doing pretty well on Exante so far thanks :) I'm doing it with The Man, who lost an amazing 24lbs in his first week! I lost 16.5lbs which I was stunned about too :D
We're half way through our second week now, and plodding along nicely. My stomach is still rumbling away, but strangely enough I'm not craving food. It's just an emptiness that I'm hoping will go away after a few weeks once my stomach adapts to the new routine.
My therory is that all the eating I did pre-Exante has stretched my stomach massively, and now it's just a big empty cavern! It's either that, or I'm immune to Ketosis! :eek:

Off to look at your diary now x

Wow that's an amazing weight loss !! Cab you imagine sustaining that . 5 weeks and I'd be at normal weight :) heaven

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Rach,
Welcome back :) It's good to see you!
I'm doing pretty well on Exante so far thanks :) I'm doing it with The Man, who lost an amazing 24lbs in his first week! I lost 16.5lbs which I was stunned about too :D
We're half way through our second week now, and plodding along nicely. My stomach is still rumbling away, but strangely enough I'm not craving food. It's just an emptiness that I'm hoping will go away after a few weeks once my stomach adapts to the new routine.
My therory is that all the eating I did pre-Exante has stretched my stomach massively, and now it's just a big empty cavern! It's either that, or I'm immune to Ketosis! :eek:

Off to look at your diary now x

omg wow, such amazing losses for both of you, i am sooo jealous :) if i could afford to i would love to give this exante a try lol!! I am amazed by your loss, so made up for you, you must be feeling great!! Always helps too when you have someone doing it with you.

Back