Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Good for you, Alex, sounds like it's going well. I did WW years ago so it has certainly hanged. I'm glad they have made fruit free, it didn't used to be, I could never understand that. When is weigh in??

KB x

Weigh in is still normally on a Wednesday, but I weighed myself this morning because I won't be at work tomorrow for the normal weigh-in, and I've lost 5.25lbs in 6 days :)

Really really happy with that - it was just the kick-start I needed to carry on and try to shift at least all the weight I re-gained, and hopefully a lot more!

The Man is coming over again tonight as I'm taking him to have his wisdom tooth out tomorrow (this is the second attempt because the anaesthetic didn't work last time).
Think we're going to have steak and oven-baked chips for tea...mmmm mmmmmm! All Weight-Watchers friendly of course :)

Well done hun!..i'd be really happy with that too and like you say it's a good kick start when getting back into again :)

Have a lovely evening, i hope things goes better for The Man tomorrow..

Lou xx

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated my diary for two weeks!

It's been going pretty well on the whole - I had a take away pizza as a treat with The Man two Saturdays ago, and a meal at an indian Restaurant last Friday, but other than that I've been staying pretty much within my daily points and enjoying what I've been eating :)

Last Wednesday I lost 2.25lbs, and this week I lost 1.25lbs. I must admit, I was a little bit disappointed with this week's weight loss, but I'm not going to dwell on it - I'll just step up the pace a bit over the next week or two and hope it kick starts me a bit.

At the moment I'm kinda stuck as far as clothes are concerned - I want to buy some new things as I'm just sick of all my clothes at the moment, but there doesn't seem much point when I'm trying so hard to get down a dress-size or two! It's just so expensive to keep replacing clothes all the time!

Anyway - rant over (at least Primark have started stocking size 20, which I can *sometimes* fit into!)

Hope everyone else is well x x

ooohhh i know what you mean about the clothes... im so over wearing these clothes, and ive brought loads of ebay, and none of them fit me yet, and i jsut want to buy more and more (forgetting already have a load in the cub doing nothing!!) but i cant because they WILL be too big soon!!!

Well done on the losses, your doing great!! I can get clothes here in a 20 in primark some of them fit some dont, its strange and annoying!! I cant afford to by clothes at the moment either its so frustrating as i am having to wear the same things over and over again.

Well done hun, are you still flying?

I agree about clothes, i've seen loads of clothes i want the last 2 days, but they'll be too big in a couple of months, so i'm wearing pretty much the same clothes or borrowing the odd thing or to... soooo looking forward to a splurge! ;)
xx

Hey hun

Hope ur well! Im in same boat r clothes ha, none of them fit me now ive gone up! could kick myself! But its also a bit of motivation :D

keepat it
love me xx

i know what you mean about clothes. I wear tee shirts, but I like them to have sleeves long enough to cover my stretch marks and bingo wings.

Unfortunately the recent trend seems to be for shorter sleeves and even Evans which you would think would understand that there are parts us big girls like to cover have sleeves creeping up.

So I end up buying teeshirts and not wearing them :(

T shirts are a nightmare, i hate those tiny sleeves! I like vest tops as they do keep you cook, but i always have to put a shrug or a short cardi on the top, just to cover the tops of my arms and shoulders :(

i am same pk, but you know what to hell with what people think of my double bingo wings, if i am warm i will wear a short sleeved top, and if people dont like it they know what they can do!! We should be proud of ourselves, although sometimes can be hard lol. But were doing a great thing here!!

I hate cap sleeves too :( although I feel less self conscious wearing them than tops with no sleeves at all.
It really frustrates me that there are so many gorgeous clothes out there, but they just aren't made with curvy girls in mind. Even Evans and New Look (Inspire) are full of clothes that I just know would look terrible on me. Leggings (I have big podgy knees), skinny jeans (same reason), strappy/strapless tops, short shorts....the list goes on!

But I'm with you on that Rach...if it's hot, it's better to swallow any self-consciousness and wear whatever you're comfortable in.
It's funny really - I see lots of other plus-size ladies wearing sleeveless tops, and I don't bat an eyelid, but when I go out wearing one I feel like peoples eyes are just drawn in to my bingo wings!

At the moment I'm scouring Ebay to see if I can get a few clothes to tide me over until I manage to lose a bit of weight - I nearly had a meltdown when I was packing to come over to The Man's on Friday, as I just seem to have worn everything a million times already!

Anyway, enough of that. This week's been alright diet-wise since Wednesday - I've been sticking to my daily points, and used a few weekly ones for some beers with The Man last night.

About to have a stir-fry now for tea...

Hope everyone is having a good weekennd
love me x

Well girls your definately not on your own with this one.
I hate my bingo wings. I can't remember the last time I wore a strappy top, even after I lost 8st 2 years ago!! I'm so self conscious of them and your right, there are much bigger ladies showing more flesh than I dare and I applaud them :clap::clap::clap:.

Mandy

Hi Rach - I'm fine thanks. Pleased (ish) to report another 1.25lbs weight loss this week. It wasn't as much as I would have liked, but I'm trying to see it as 10lbs over 4 weeks, rather than *just* 1.25lbs in a week.
Think I'm going to cut down on my grapes (think I'm eating too many, even though they're free foods on WW) and make sure I weigh and measure everything I should be weighing this week. I also think I may need to do a little more exercise to keep things ticking along.

On the whole, things are easier at weekends when The Man is staying with me (rather than the other way around) as there's less temptation, and I'm fully in control of the meals. I've been staying with him for the past 2 weekends so we'll see how things pan out this week.

I guess I can't complain too much though - I'm eating food that I enjoy, I still go out for meals, I have a treat of some kind every day, and I'm still losing weight (despite not doing any exercise).

Glad to hear that you are back on track Rach :)
Have a good weekend everybody!
xx

Well done on the loss, thats fantastic!! Like you say sometimes its feels better to look at what you have lost over a few weeks rather than one week, make you feel better :D Sometimes when i get down or have put weight on i look at total loss and it lifts me up!!

I had to give up grapes as i was eating way too many lol, i could eat the whole lot and the sugars and that in them were pretty high i think, but better than eating a bag of sweets!!

Hi hun, how are things?
xx

Hiya,
Things are okay thanks! I weighed-in yesterday and somehow managed to lose 0.75lbs. Not a lot, but I had a really off-track weekend. Far too much wine/beer, and a lovely meal with The Man's parents on Saturday night (Cannelloni, salad, melba toast, pavlova, more wine, more pavlova....)
Needless to say, I was expecting a gain, so I was really chuffed to see a loss on the scales yesterday.

I'm really trying to stay as close to perfect as I can this week though, as I'm getting a bit bored of these little losses! We're going out for a meal to my favourite Italian restaurant on Saturday night, followed by a few drinks in town, but other than that, I'm going to be little-miss-saintly!
I even went on my Wii Fit last night after work, which is virtually unheard of these days!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
xx

Back