Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Ooohhhh well done on the loss....
And on getting on the Wii... very good!

I don't like little losses either so u understand your frustrations....
Keep up the hard work though coz you are doing well...

What's melba toast?

Thanks Kes...

Melba toast is just kinda really thin toast (half the thickness of a normal slice) and curled up at the edges, usally served with butter or pate.
Have a look at this link for an example

Great British Cookbook - Melba Toast

You can also buy it in supermarkets but they tend to be more like a square little cracker type thing.

The ones we had were home made ones like the ones in the link.....very nice!

x

ohhhh they sound nice..
might have to have them one day (when im skinny!!)

Well done on the loss, i hate the little ones too!

Good to hear things are going well with The Man! :)

Ooh pavlova, that's my favourite, especially when it's gooey in the middle...heaven!

xx

awwww i cant do the gooey centre... dont like it.. love the hard crunchy bit though!!!!!!

there's nothing like a gooey centre, with strawberries and lashing of cream... yum

Yea, I like the gooey bit too....the one we had was a fruit pavlova with blueberry sauce. It was gorgeous, but my true favourite would have to be toffee pavlova...mmmmmm

This week has been a bit of a mixed bag to be honest...I've been pretty much perfect every day since Wednesday (weigh in day) except for Saurday night when I went to my favourite Italian restaurant with The Man.
Admittedly, I did have a lot to eat and drink that night, but I saved all my weekly points for it, and hoped that I might still have a decent-ish weight loss this week.
My official weigh-in should be tomorrow, but I weighed in this morning instead as I'm on a course tomorrow and won't have access to the scales, and I'm really annoyed to see a half-pound gain!!!
I'm not going to record it though, I think I'll wait and weigh-in on my proper day next week instead! If it'd been a loss I would have recorded it, but I'm thinking that the half pound might have dropped off by tomorrow! I know it's daft, but these are the games we play when we're dieting (or at least I do anyway!!)

Needless to say, I'm getting a bit frustrated with these tiny losses and gains. I'm going to see how I get on over the next week, and then maybe think about changing tactics if I don't get anywhere. Back to calorie counting maybe?

Hope you're all having more success than me this week!
x

Yeah, things are fine thanks Rach. I'm off to see Take That at Wembley on Saturday night, so I'm looking forward to that! I'm staying with my friend Hannah at her sister's house in Fulham, and all three of us are going to the concert - can't wait!
No doubt it'll be a disaster for the diet, but I bet I'm going to be doing a lot of walking and standing around, so I'm hoping the damage won't be too bad!

This week has been pretty good diet-wise, although I keep doing naughty scale hops even though it doesn't do me any good. Yesterday I was gutted because I was even heavier than my unrecorded weight last Tuesday, but today I'm happy because I've miraculously lost 1.75lbs overnight!
I'm going to just see how things are tomorrow and then try not to scale hop until my next weigh in because I know I keep reacting emotionally to the results on the scales on a day by day basis, and it's not healthy!

Onto better news, I'm currently storing The Man's rowing machine at my house, while his job/house situation is uncertain. Anyway, he offered to set it up for me at my house while he's not using it, which he did for me on Sunday.
I don't know whether it'll last - but I've been on it a couple of times so far, and really enjoyed it. Last night I set up my laptop to watch Holby City and managed half an hour, and then I went back on this morning before work and did another 15 minutes :)

I'll probably have lost interest by next week - I'm always the same with exercise, but given that it's at my house anyway, I might as well give it a go!

Hope everyone else is well
xx

Hmm he may never get his rowing machine back ;)

Aw, you sound really happy (scale hopping aside)

I love the rowing machine, it's good exercise and great that you can sit down doing it ;)

it's good exercise and great that you can sit down doing it ;)
Haha! maybe that's why I've taken to it like a duck to water ;)

A rowing machine, i want one, something i have always wanted!!
Yeah, I'm really lucky that he's not using it, and that he's happy for me to make use of it while it's here. Like me, he's not exactly waif-like, so he splashed out and bought a proper gym version rather than the ones designed for home use. Apparently it cost about a grand, so I'm just praying that I don't do anything daft and break it!
I did another half hour on there tonight, but I think I'm gonna stay off it for a couple of days now, as I feel like I may have slightly twinged something in my back. It doesn't especially hurt at the moment, but I'm going to be standing up all day on Saturday at Take That so I don't want to be in any pain then!

It was the big weigh in today, and I've lost 1.75lbs :) really happy with that, because it means that I'm back into the 15's :D
Just hoping I can use enough self control this weekend to stay there!!

x

Well done hun, it's nice to have you posting more again, you're always so positive and make me smile :)

Are you still flying?

Aw thank you...that's a lovely thing to say :)

The back is still a bit sore today, so definitely no more exercise before Take That.
I'm off to see The Man tonight, then I'll go straight from there to work tomorrow, and then off to London after that! Talk about a whirlwind couple of days. And it doesn't even stop there - I'm back on my course in Wolverhampton next week, so I'll be back at The Man's house from Monday-Thursday next week!
I've got my food sorted for tonight and tomorrow daytime though, so it's just my meals in London that might be a potential diet-disaster :eek: I'm going with my skinniest friend though, so I might just copy what she eats and hope for the best ;)

I've decided to change my weigh-in day for about 3 weeks, as I'm going to be on my couse on weigh-in days, and my scales are at work so I won't be able to use them.
I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow (even though I don't expect to have lost anything since Wednesday) and then I'll carry on weighing on Fridays for the next few weeks.
I know it seems like a bit of a faff, but I can't skip my weekly weigh-ins - I need the routine of getting an official weight on paper each week.

x

I was thinking the same thing as Bunny, its great to see you on here more, i always enjoy reading your posts, you and a few of the other girls were my inspiration when i first started this!!

Well done on the loss, thats great that your back in the 15's i cant wait till i get there!! I had a bad night last night, which involved a kebab oops and some tasty chips lol!! Back on it today!! Enjoy Take That, i know you will, its a great show!! I would love to go again!! Thats what i miss about my younger days, i used to go concerts 4 nights in a row and stay out for a week or so!!

Hope this weeks a good one for you!!

Well done on the 15's hun...I'm heading there next ;) Have a lovely time at Take That!!

Ooh Robbie.... swoon ;)
xx

Just a quick post as I'm on my phone (first ever post on here!). I'm on my course in wolverhampton today and we've stopped for lunch so though I'd update quickly.
Take That were amazing! I was never a fan the first time around, but I thought they were fantastic, and the show they put on was just brilliant. Needless to say, I had a few treats here and there while I was in London, and then I had a chippy tea with The Man when I got home on Sunday, but I never felt out of control with food, which is progress for me!
I'm now back on my salads and wraps, and we've got all our evening meals planned out for this week, so I'm hoping for at least a STS this Friday.
Hope everyone else is well x x

Sounds like London has been fun, glad you had a nice time! Good luck for Friday :)

Back