Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Thanks KB - I shall try my best to send the vibes your way, although as you'll see - this weekend has been less than 100%

It's been a bit of a strange weekend food-wise - I've had two very long days out, which both included pub lunches, but I didn't go overboard and I haven't put any weight on according to the Wii Fit :)
I'm not counting them as 100% days because that kinda feels like cheating, but I was pleased that I managed to keep a lid on my indulgence for once.

Saturday was a meal at a Harvester pub and I had a steak with jacket potato, but I did make two trips to the salad bar, mostly for naughty things like coleslaw and potato salad. I didn't have an evening meal though, so it could've been a lot worse.
Yesterday was another pub lunch, and I really tried to be focussed this time. I didn't eat breakfast (not to save calories, I just had nothing in!) and I decided to have a jacket with tuna mayo (not great, but by no means the worst thing on the menu). I was all set to order, and then realised that the 'snack' menu only applies Monday - Friday so it was back to the drawing board.
I eventually ended up with a small bowl of chips and a portion of breaded garlic mushrooms, washed down with a large glass of rose wine. Again, not the best choice, but this was literally all I had to eat all day except for a handful of grapes when I got in at 10:30 at night, so I'm not beating myself up too much about it.

So back to normality this week - today's been a far more normal day, but I really need to get some food shopping done or I'm going to struggle this week.

Hope everybody is well xx

Hi
went and weighed this morning and another 2lb down thats 5lb so far this month so im half way to my 10lb target for this month ..Hope everyone had a great weekend ....

Well done, Alex on the choices, not bad at all by the sound of things. What about alcohol, or shouldn't I ask? I had a DRY weekend I'll have you know, it's been a while since I have said that. Back 100% today too, hoping to limit damage for Friday. Keep it up!

KB x

A DRY weekend!? That sounds almost unbearable!
Mine wasn't too boozy either though - I went out for just a few on Friday night, had about 3 Belgian beers and a couple of vodkas. Normally that wouldn't go to my head, but I hadn't had any dinner so I did feel a little worse for wear (on the positive side, I'm counting the first two beers as the calories I would have spent on my evening meal ;))
Saturday, I just had a small glass of wine with my lunch, and on Sunday I had the same (although it was a large glass that time), so not too bad overall.

Yesterday was another 100% day - I did have a cake in the afternoon, but I did count it into my calories.

B - Porridge/Museli (250)
S - Small apple
L - WW soup (75) Slice of bread (110)
S - Chocolate eclair (140)
D - WW ham and mushroom tagliatelli (340ish?)

And that's it. I was slightly under what I would normally have for the day, but it wasn't intentional, I just didn't get round to having my dinner until 9pm so there didn't seem much point in cooking veg to go with it.

Weigh in day today, and I've lost an unbelievable 4.5lbs!!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:
I knew I'd lost, but I had no idea it was that much! I'm not complaining though :D

Yesterday was another 100% day:

B - Porridge/museli (250)
S - Apple
L - Co-op tuna salad bowl (285), Crackerbread (20) Beetroot (?)
S - Alpen Light bar (70)
D - WW Bolognese Bake (340), 250g potato, cauli, and leeks
S - WW toffee honeycomb sundae (120)

I'm off to London on Sunday with my eating partner, David, so I'm not expecting a good loss next week.
The good news is that I get weighed by the nurse tonight, and I've lost nearly 7lbs since last time I went two weeks ago. That'll show her :D!

And I've just noticed that my BMI has crept under 40!! :D

Brilliant Alex :D you must be chuffed!

Yeah, I'm really chuffed :D It almost makes me want to stay relatively sensible at the weekend, so I don't just go and put it all back on again....I'm sure that'll be out of the window when I get there though!

So yesterday was another pretty good day:

B - Porridge/museli (250)
S - Apple
L - Co-op chicken and pasta salad (284), 2 crackerbread (40), 1 Laughing Cow light (25)
S - Half a granola bar (100)
D - Chicken breast with new potatoes, carrots and peas (at my friend's house so couldn't count the calories)
S - WW chocolate brownie desert (160)

Things are still pretty busy at work, but not quite so bad as last week - the new lady is a bit more independent now, so I'm able to lurk and post a bit more this week :)
Things have been happening in the love life department as well, but I made a hasty decision on Sunday and hurt someone's feelings (hence the Facebook status, for those of you who are my Facebook friends). It all sounds a bit cryptic at the moment, but I will say more when I've got things sorted in my own head...
Never a dull moment with me, hey?

Hope everyone else is well x

what did the nurse say! bet she was gob smacked with you!!

and well done on a: the loss and b: getting under 40bmi!!!
such a good feeling which you achieve something like that.

what did the nurse say! bet she was gob smacked with you!!

I think she was a bit taken aback to be honest! She had a student nurse in with her, so she was on her best behaviour, and I did get a bit of praise for doing so well.
Having said that, she still managed to be a bit patronising about my forthcoming trip to London, which irritated me a bit. Obviously I know how to be sensible with my food choices, I just decide not to occasionally - hardly a crime as long as I stay in overall control!

I try to be as honest as I can with her, but her dissaproval just really gets on my nerves, so I might just start keeping a bit more to myself. As long as I'm still losing, she doesn't need to know whether I had a burger and chips one night or not :)

So onto yesterday's food diary:

B - Porridge/raisins/museli (250)
L - Beans on toast (350)
S - Apple
D - Thai vegetable curry (280) extra stir fry veg (80) corn on the cob (150)
S - WW toffee mini pot ice cream (100)

Oooohhhh I'm intrigued. Looking forward to hearing more when you're ready to spill the beans. I had been wondering....

Don't worry, I won't keep you waiting too long! :D I'll spill just as soon as I've decided what I'm going to do...things are never straightforward are they?! I'm going to have a little think over the weekend and sort things out one way or the other next week...or at least that's the plan! :D

soooooo

Me tooooo!

Sounds like you have been sailing great while ive been gone! Good for you hun!

No where are you??? I neeeed gossip!

xxxxxx

Awww, I'm hiding at the moment sorry ladies :(...I got back from London last night, told myself that I'd got away with all the eating and drinking I did because of all the walking I've done, but this morning the Wii Fit told a completely different story.
Apparently in two days (plus one evening beforehand) I've gained a massive, and very depressing 6lbs! So that's all my hard work in June completely out of the window :(

I know I can lose it again, and that some of it will come off quickly, but I'm just so peed off with myself...I'm back in the 16st bracket, and back to square one for June :cry:

On the gossip front, I may have news for you tomorrow. Watch this space!

Good to see you back Kae xx

Hey Hun!

Thanks for ur lovely words!

Now is to day O weigh day? If not u r in trouble!

U can dish gossip out like that an do one tut tut

hope ur well hunny ((( hugs)))

xxxx

Now I'm not going to sleep with the excitement, hurry up and update! Bad luck on the 6 pounds but you know if it goes on quickly it will come off just as quickly. Wait till tomorrow for your official weigh in and let us know...

KB x

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the 6lbs was a fluke!

Back