Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Good luck with the weight watchers, i've heard a few people say how good it is now. They say it takes a while to get the hang of though!! Your right to stay here, i am still amazed at all the support i get, its brilliant!!

Glad you had a nice valentines, its lovely when you have someone nice to share it with!! :D

weight watchers is brilliant i am doing it along with the xenical

for a quick find of points you can use Weight Watchers Points List

it would be great if you can get yourself a new pro point pedometer - they are wonderful things and helps you keep motivated - you can even gain extra points if you make enough steps during the day - its really not hard to do - for example i gained an extra 1.5 points today by doing a 35 min walk!

any questions i can be your weight watchers buddy :) - I absoltely love the program and really am enjoying it! - doesn't really seem like a diet to me because you can eat what you want really as long as you don't go over your points! - but of course I watch the fat intake because of the xenical :)

Well done, for making another step.. and also realising a few things that need to change. You are doing amazing!

Good luck with the weight watches....
You can do it

Hey hunny!

good to see you back! Goodluck with ww flower! you will ace it!

Hope to see you posting lots! Missed u lots!

luv katie

xxx

Good luck with the weight watchers, i've heard a few people say how good it is now. They say it takes a while to get the hang of though!! Your right to stay here, i am still amazed at all the support i get, its brilliant!!

Glad you had a nice valentines, its lovely when you have someone nice to share it with!! :D

Thanks Rach - it's taking me a little while to get used to as I've been calorie counting for so long, but so far so good!
I'm trying to stay off the scales so I have no idea how I'm doing so far!

weight watchers is brilliant i am doing it along with the xenical

for a quick find of points you can use Weight Watchers Points List

it would be great if you can get yourself a new pro point pedometer - they are wonderful things and helps you keep motivated - you can even gain extra points if you make enough steps during the day - its really not hard to do - for example i gained an extra 1.5 points today by doing a 35 min walk!

any questions i can be your weight watchers buddy :) - I absoltely love the program and really am enjoying it! - doesn't really seem like a diet to me because you can eat what you want really as long as you don't go over your points! - but of course I watch the fat intake because of the xenical :)

Aw thank you :) That'd be really good. I definitely might need a bit of advice here and there, since I'm completely new to Pro Points!
I'll have to look out for the pedometer on Ebay. I've just bid on and won a Pro Points calculator, and I'm tracking everything online, so I think I'm doing alright.
I completely agree with you about the flexibility though. The Man is making me a pizza tonight, which works out as 20 points (he doesn't use oil in his dough), but I've just made sure not to have too many points over the course of the day, so I can have that tonight without feeling guilty.
And then there's the weekly points to fall back on if I feel like having a drink or anything :D

Well done, for making another step.. and also realising a few things that need to change. You are doing amazing!

Good luck with the weight watches....
You can do it

Thanks Kes, I really do feel motivated at the moment, and that's half the battle as we all know!
I'll keep you updated with my progress (good or bad!)

Hey hunny!

good to see you back! Goodluck with ww flower! you will ace it!

Hope to see you posting lots! Missed u lots!

luv katie

xxx

Thanks Katie - missed you too! It's good to be back, and to be feeling motivated for a change! I think WW has given me the kick-start that I needed.
Let's just hope I see a good result next Wednesday or I'll be gutted!!!

Lots of love x x x

Thank you!
Weigh-in day today and I've lost.....drumroll please..... 4.25lbs!!! :D :D :D

Really really pleased that WeightWatchers seems to be working for me, and that I've found it relatively easy to do. Thinking back to the last week, I've had dessert every day, pizza and beers with The Man on Friday, Spag Bol and wine with my friend on Saturday night, and then a mini-buffet and 2 slices of cake on Sunday. I counted all those things into my points and still lost weight, which can't be bad!

My other good news is that The Man got the job he was interviewed for on valentines day! :D He told me at the weekend, so since then things have been a bit manic trying to find him a new place to live, and planning the move (he's going to be living in or around Cannock, which still isn't too far from me :)).
Luckily I'm not working next week anyway, so we're going to book at Travelodge for a couple of nights and blitz the viewings on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully after that we'll have a better idea of what he needs to buy for the new place and when he'll be able to move in.

It might not be such great news for the diet, since we're going to be eating out for 2-3 days, but I'm going to try and stick to it as best as I can, and maybe do a little exercise to compensate when I get back.

Anyway, hope all is well with you all.
xx

How's it going Hun???

Miss you

I've come back!!!!!

Hi everybody....well I'm back (again)...over 20lbs heavier, and feeling very downhearted about it :(
It all started to go downhill at the beginning of April - The Man and I went away for a couple of days...then it was our birthdays...then I was in a course in Wolverhampton...then The Man moved house... need I go on??
Needless to say, dieting took a serious back seat - we ate take aways, pub meals, pizza, biscuits, chocolate and everything else I try to avoid most of the time.
I must admit that I am pretty disgusted with myself for allowing this to happen - the trouble with me is that from time to time I seem to hit the self-destruct button, and even though I know how much weight I'm gaining, I don't seem to be able to re-gain control. During these times, eating a healthy meal seems like a dissapointment, and I think it's because on some kind of level, I know that this 'off-diet' phase can't last forever, so I want to take advantage of it while it lasts...I always plan to get back on track, but then I never seem ready to say goodbye to all of the foods I love so much, and to get back into the zone of counting and planning.

Not dieting feels like freedom, but at the same time, the foods I've been eating make me feel sluggish, and my skin feels terrible... and then there's that niggling thought in the back of my head that I'm going to have to sort out this mess that I'm creating at some point.

So here I am - I don't know why I decided that it would be this week - maybe it was popping back here and seeing some old friends (KB, Kes, PK), or maybe it was the danger of hitting 17st again (I was 16st 12 at my weigh in yesterday).
It didn't quite feel like the 'right' time, because I still have lots of naughty but nice things in the house, but the plan at the moment is to build them into my day-to-day allowances (I'm doing WW again), or to palm them off on The Man ;)
I guess I need to get my head around this being a life-long thing, and get rid of this all-or-nothing/self-destruct approach that I seem to have to dieting.

On a positive note, day one went well, and I really enjoyed the food I ate :) The weekend will be tricky because we've been used to eating loads of rubbish, but The Man is supportive, and I'll be doing all the cooking, so it's up to me and my willpower!!

Looking forward to catching up with all the old and new faces xx

WOOP WOOP
she is BACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

welcome back hunny, and yes the bumpy road that you just took at the cross roads might be there, but it wont be forever, and you will learn to as you say work some treats into your day to day living, and thats what its all about.. :)

ive kinda put a little too much pressure on myself really, as im going to be studying to be a PT, and well, ive still got over 2 stone to go (was only a stone, but ive gone and put a stone back on... BOOOOO)

we can do this, and we are all heere to help you, and we all love ya!!

soooooooooooo the man!!! things going well then!!... :)

welcome back!! It can be hard getting going again but if anyone can do it you can!! You know you will get loads of support on here, and i always find thats what generally keeps me going!! I also go into self destruct mode, i seem to get so far and then mess it all up again :( i think we will both have to destruct this self destruct button!! Good luck with your re-start!!

Oh, it is SOOOOO good to have you back. Draw that line and get on with it. Glad to hear all is going well with The Man too and that he is supportive, that will really help. Good luck, I'm all excited now!

KB xx

Thanks for the warm welcome back everybody...:D

Day two went well - although I think I was a little strict with myself during the day, as I ended up with 13 points left over after tea!
I didn't go crazy with them but I treated myself to a few squares of milkybar and a mini roll while I was watching TV in bed :)

I'm going to try posting my food diary here from the WW online tracker, but not sure how it'll work out!

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

ProPoints™ Tracker entries

Thursday, May 19, 2011
Breakfast
50 g Fruit & Fibre 5
40 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 1
Subtotal 6
Lunch
1 serving(s) Weight Watchers Tomato Soup 2
2 slice(s) Crusts Away! 50/50 Bread 2
Subtotal 4
Dinner
1 serving(s) Tesco Light Choices Ham and Mushroon Tagliatelli 11
1 portion(s) Mushrooms 0
1 medium Pepper, Red 0
1/2 medium Courgette 0
Subtotal 11
Any Time
5 individual Strawberries 0
1 bunch(es) Grapes, Black or White 0
1 medium Apple 0
3 fl oz Milk, Semi Skimmed 1
1 bar(s) Milkybar 5
1 individual Chocolate Mini Rolls 2
Subtotal 8
Food ProPoints values total used 29
Food ProPoints values remaining 6
Activity No entries for activity.
Activity ProPoints values earned 0

Things are still going well with The Man thanks - can't believe 7 months has gone by so quickly!
He's been through a difficult time recently - changing jobs and moving house, but things with us are good :)
I just hope I can keep my willpower in tact while we're together over the weekend!!

Off to the dentist this afternoon (part of my tooth fell off the other day) so at least that'll stop me eating for a couple of hours ;)

Muchos love to you all
xx

wow weight watchers looks complicated now...

im so pleased things are working out with the man!!! WOOP WOOP!!!

you did brilliantly to have points left over, (yesterday was an extreemly bad day for me!!) but well done you..

you will keep your willpower, just think (when you want something bad) what is more important... living to spend more time with my man, or eating that xxxx

I'm really pleased that things are going great with The Man!...7 months already, time flies when you're having fun :D

WW seems a bit more complicated now, well done for having the spare points, it's always nice to have a little treat :)

Lou x

Weight Watchers is pretty good actually. I never did the old points system, so I can't really comment on that, but I'm really enjoying Pro Points.
You get a daily allowance based on your age/weight/sex (mine is 35 per day) but if you don't use all your daily points you can't carry them over.
Then, you get 49 flexible points that you can use whenever you like during the week (you could splash out and have a big meal, or have 7 extra each day, or not use them at all - it's up to you)
I find it really suits me, because I can be fairly strict with myself during the week, and then have a few treats with The Man at the weekend (Milkybars are my latest obsession)
It's also handy that fruit and most vegetables are all zero points, so I don't feel like I'm constantly weighing and measuring.

I can see how it might look confusing though - it's probably because the food tracker asks you to specify weights/sizes of each food you ate, when in reality, I haven't actually weighed or measured half of what's written there, because I know it's free food :)

I didn't actually end up going to the dentists on Friday because apparently the dentist had to go home early...good in a way, because I was dreading it, but it means that I've got to go this Thursday instead :(

x

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

ProPoints™ Tracker entries

Friday, May 20, 2011

Breakfast 50 g Fruit & Fibre 5
40 ml Milk, Semi Skimmed 1
Subtotal 6

Lunch
1 serving(s) Weight Watchers Tomato Soup 2
2 slice(s) Crusts Away! 50/50 Bread 2
Subtotal 4