Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

errr could we quit mentioning the pizza plz :p ive already been having funny dreams about it haha

xxxxxxxx

ahhhhhh well done mrs lady!!! and i hope things are looking good with regards to the diet and eating healthy together... :)

Katie..... pizza was my goal, as soon as i was in my dress, (that it fitted) i was allowed to have a pizza... i craved it somthing shocking while i was doing the tfr before christmas ....

Mmmm pizza! We had it again this weekend, but he tried making it completely without olive oil (he'd halved the amount the week before), and I'm pleased to report that it tasted just as nice! :D
This means that the total calories now work out at about 640, which is not bad going for a pizza that's so big it won't fit on your plate ;) Happy days!

Otherwise, I've been sticking to plan more or less 100% during the week, but relaxing my grip slightly at the weekends. I'm not sure how it'll balance out over the week as a whole, but I'm hoping to lose around a pound tomorrow - I'd be happy with that.

Good to see you back Kes! Hope you're settling back into normal day-to-day life without too many post-holiday/wedding/homesick blues.

Love to you all
x

Ps Chinese chicken with stir-fry for tea...mmmm mmmmm :D

Good news - I lost 2lbs this week :D
Not quite sure how I managed that, but I'm not complaining! Must be all the rushing around I'm doing at the moment!

Back on the little blue pills properly now. I haven't taken them since before Christmas (partly because I was eating too unhealthily, and partly because I keep forgetting!).
I've also started tentatively using my Wii again - I only did 20 minutes on the EA Sports Active but my muscles are already complaining!! I'm only aiming to do it twice per week considering how busy I am at the moment, but The Man has got a rowing machine, so I'm going to try to use that while I'm there at weekends.

Hope you're all well x

Oh well done you, that's great news, and loving the pizza thing, sorry, Katie! Good for you, everything is on the up (except the scales of course) Keep up the good work,

KB x

yes keep up the hard work, and you will be there in no time :) and im sure the good will outweigh the bad (providing there is more good than bad! lol)

Hey Hun!!

Well done on the 2lbs! You must be doing something right so keep at it!

Hope your well

xxx

Thanks everyone!

Thought I'd better have a change of diary title, since 2010 obviously wasn't THE year ;)

Still plodding on here - not as angelically as I'd like, but not too sinfully either. Got my jacket spud in the oven so I'll post properly next time :D
x

Hi Alex! Thanks for the welcome on my diary, just thought I'd pop over to read a bit of yours, but there's no way I can get through 48 pages! Lol. I'll just continue reading from here on out. Hope you're well :)

Well i just sat and read all 48 pages of your weight loss journey and what an amazing story it is!! You have done so well, you and the rest of the girls on here are an inspiration, i have also read their pages apart from kae's which i will get round to. It is really keeping me motivated seeing how well everyone is doing, which i really need as normally my will power is so low it hits the floor. Keep up the good work and i look forward to reading more of your diary... :D

Wow Rach, you must have more time on your hands than I do! Lol. I read back over the last couple of pages though :)

Hi Alex! Thanks for the welcome on my diary, just thought I'd pop over to read a bit of yours, but there's no way I can get through 48 pages! Lol. I'll just continue reading from here on out. Hope you're well :)
Well i just sat and read all 48 pages of your weight loss journey and what an amazing story it is!! You have done so well, you and the rest of the girls on here are an inspiration, i have also read their pages apart from kae's which i will get round to. It is really keeping me motivated seeing how well everyone is doing, which i really need as normally my will power is so low it hits the floor. Keep up the good work and i look forward to reading more of your diary... :D
Aww, thanks both of you! It's really flattering to know that someone wants to read any of my diary, so to hear that you read it all is pretty amazing! I'm not sure I could make it through the whole lot from beginning to end, and I wrote the majority of it! ;)

I'm having a really nice weekend this weekend - and not too bad on the dieting front either! I've even been on the rowing machine twice, for 20 minutes each time, although I must admit that I'm suffering a bit for it today!
Food wise - again I've not been angelic, but not too bad either. We've had really nice meals, but nothing majorly fattening, and I've managed to take my Xenical with most of the meals we've eaten, which is a vast improvement on past weekends.

Right better go - just about to tuck into my ice cream dessert (weight watchers obviously ;))

Hope you're all well, and thanks for your lovely comments
x

Hi hun,havent been around for ages, not been too good... had a quick read back, youre doing so well hun! :D

hows things with The Man? great i hope!

xoxo

Hi hun,havent been around for ages, not been too good... had a quick read back, youre doing so well hun! :D

hows things with The Man? great i hope!

xoxo

Aw thank you! - and welcome back :D It sounds like you're doing well yourself!

I haven't been doing much posting for the past couple of weeks, but I've been doing alright-ish on the weight loss front: a pound off last week, and a pound and a quarter this week.
I don't really mind too much that it's coming off so slowly, because I've been having bigger/more indulgent meals at weekends, and a few treats here and there.
Sometimes I feel impatient because I want to be at goal tomorrow, not at some faraway point in the future (don't we all?!) but I keep reminding myself that a pound a week will see me at my goal by the end of the year, and that's what is keeping me going for now.

Things are still really good with The Man thanks :D We've been together over three months now - I can't believe how quickly the time is going!

x

They say a pound a week is great, and as long as you are happy with that!

Doing anything nice for Valentines?

Alex so pleased to see you and 'the man' are still together!

Well done on the weight loss, i think 1lb a week is great so well done and its all in the right direction.. We still have to live life and enjoy our weekends and treats..Lifes for living!! :D

Thank you! And yeah, I completely agree, life is for living, and as long as I'm losing, I'm happy.
Unfortuntely, I've been doing a bit too much living and not enough losing over the past couple of weeks but I hope to rectify that soon!

They say a pound a week is great, and as long as you are happy with that!

Doing anything nice for Valentines?

Thanks Kes,
Well The Man had a job interview on Valentines Day itself, but he came over to my house after it was over and we had a nice meal together and a couple of drinks.
I'd booked the following couple of days off work so we spent some time together then, which was nice :)

Alex so pleased to see you and 'the man' are still together!

Aww thank you - yeah, who'd have thought it? Time seems to be flying so quickly, and dieting has not been the priority recently, but life on the whole is good :)

Well I guess it's time for a proper update...I don't know why I haven't been posting lately because I'm on here at least 5-6 times a day!
As I said on my last post, dieting hasn't really been high on the agenda for the last couple of weeks! I was doing alright until I went to visit my eating partner in crime a couple of weekends ago, and then it all went downhill from there.
Then there was Valentines day, and a couple of bonus days with the Man, which meant more nice meals and treats...and so it goes on (I'm sure you get the picture!)

Needless to say, I think I've put a few pounds on since I last updated my weight on here, but I'm going to leave it until the official weigh-in day tomorrow before updating my stats.

The other bits of big-ish news are:
1. The doctor has taken me off the Xenical :( She wasn't happy to keep me on it for longer than a year without a break, and because I've been on it a couple of times before, she said it was unlikely that I'd be prescribed it again :(

2. I've decided to give Weight-Watchers a go :eek:!
I managed to find a deal that gave me the first three months online subscription for about £32, with £30 cashback via Topcashback, which effectively made it free.
I've never been a massive fan of the whole WeightWatchers thing - I tried it many years ago and didn't warm to it, but I know the point system has changed, so I thought what the hell! I might as well give it a go!
To be honest, I've always favoured calorie counting, since the basic method for losing weight is calories in vs calories burned, but I thought doing WeightWatchers might give me a little more structure, and force me to weigh/measure and count things. I know I've become slap-dash lately so this might give me the kick up the @rse that I need.

Having said that, I'm going to stick around on here, rather than moving my diary to the WeightWatchers section. I've been here for over a year now, so this feels like home :)
Nothing against the WeightWatchers folks but there seems to be just so many people on there - this is more cosy, and the people here are lovely - so I don't see any reason to jump ship.

I probably won't post my food diary on here, since I'm tracking it all with WeightWatchers online, but I'm going to aim to pop in a couple of times a week at least to report how I'm doing.

I think it's no coincidence that the times I don't post here are the times when the diet goes out of the window, so I need to recognise that this place and all you lovely people are what helps me stay on track!

Hope you're all well :D
xx

Back