Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Hey me old mate, how's it going? Did you have your BBQ? Are you feeling any better?? Well done on the loss and REALLY well done on the 3 stone, can't wait to catch up on all that's been going on around here...

KB x

Helloooo :) Welcome back! It hasn't been the same here without you...
Well things are still a bit up and down here, but slightly better overall :)...I did go to the BBQ, and I ate and drank everything in sight! :eek: And that was after having the Indian takeaway on Friday night, so not the best weekend ever on the dieting front, but I've been on the scales this morning and it's a STS for this week so far.
I don't know if that's a false reading because I barely ate yesterday, but I'll try to be good until Wednesday, and just hope for a STS or a very slight loss - that would be good enough for me this week.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same...although I think I'm becoming resigned to the situation with M, so that's troubling me less. I think this weekend did me good to be honest, just being around people and enjoying some company. I did find myself getting a bit down and teary both nights but I think that was the drink more than anything.

Well I suppose I'd better get on! Work is going to be pretty manic again this week, as I'm still training the new ladies, but at least my boss is back now so I'm not running the whole department...

Hope everybody is well!
xxx

Just a quick update as I'm off to a meeting in a few minutes..
Well it's weigh-in day and I'm afraid it's a 0.75lbs gain :( Ah well, I probably deserved it after all the eating and drinking I did at the weekend, but I was hoping to get away with it.
Never mind, hopefully it'll be gone next week, and a little bit more as well if I manage to stay on track :)

x

Reactions: kae
0.75 isn't too bad - not a whole lb for example ;)

Hey hunny! Hope you are ok!

Thats a tinytin gain! Did u pee before you hopped on?

Sending lots of luck and positive vibes to you

xxxxx

HI everyone sorry not been hee for a few weeks , I have had trouble with my back and moving has not been easy..not on track for the july challenge but I still manage to lose a few pounds not as many as I hoped for but a loss is still a loss..lost another 7lbs so far this month so its not all bad.......dont think I will lose much more this month..but Im gonna try...
Hope everyone is ok and having good losses.
bye 4 now......x

Hello :)
I'm back - well I never went away really, I was just lurking as always.
I wouldn't say that I've been on track since Wednesday but not completely off the rails either....
I went out for my tea on Wednesday night and had the biggest mixed grill you could imagine, with chips! Thursday was a 100% on track day, good food choices and not much snacking.
But then it went downhill again yesterday - I was 100% on track all day until the evening, when I decided to go out for tea (again) with my friend Claire. I had a southern fried chicken wrap with a few chips, but washed down with a bottle of wine, which was then followed by lager, vodka, a cocktail and more wine.
Can't really remember the end of the night to be honest, which isn't ideal - but I don't THINK I disgraced myself too much.
The scales aren't showing any damage, but that might just be the dehydration. I need to be a good girl now until Wednesday....well except for Monday, when I'm out for my tea AGAIN (carvery this time, so not too bad).
Have a good weekend everyone!
xxx

There I was getting all worried about you and you were off gallivanting about the place! Good to see you back, have a great weekend.

KB x

I know! it's not like me to be this busy, but it's been a good week actually (except for the diet!)...thanks for thinking of me though :)
I also saw a blast from my past last weekend, and I'm sure you can guess who that was ;)!
x

Oh I SAW him indeed....;)
Hadn't seen or heard from him in about six weeks, but we bumped into each other in the pub on Saturday night. Nothing has changed, but it was certainly nice to catch up with him :D
xx

By the way, I have put some of my 'before' pictures on my profile if anyone fancies having a nosey! They were taken way back at the beginning of my journey in 2001 when I tipped the scales at nearly 21 stone...
I thought they might help give me a sense of perspective when I get disheartened at how far I still have to go....
At least I'm closer to my target than I am to my heaviest ever weight, even though I'm not yet at the half way point of my journey on this attempt (if that makes sense!?) :)
x

Alex!! You're a whole other woman in those pics, look how far you've come it's incredible. Sounds like a cliché but you have a lovely face and FABULOUS hair, I'm very jealous of that. Yo have to keep up this good work, you're an inspiration, really well done. One of these days I'll be brave enough for a pic or 2...

KB x

Wow Alex such a change :)

Wow alex the difference is amazing hun! Im so proud of you!

You have come soo far you can totally do this!

Sending lots of love
xxxxxxxxx

Alex!! You're a whole other woman in those pics, look how far you've come it's incredible. Sounds like a cliché but you have a lovely face and FABULOUS hair, I'm very jealous of that. You have to keep up this good work, you're an inspiration, really well done. One of these days I'll be brave enough for a pic or 2...

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment KB, it made me a bit teary! (in a good way)...I really do feel like a different person these days. Everything just felt like so much of an effort back then, and it was becoming like that again before I re-started my journey back in January.
The more weight I lose, the more comfortable I feel in my own skin - I feel that my body is starting to do what I need it to do, without protesting over every little move.
I know I've still got a way to go, but I'm definitely heading back into my comfort zone - which may be a bad thing, as I'm definitely less motivated than I was in the beginning :eek:

Wow Alex such a change :)
Thank you PK :D You've done so well too though - there's 5 stone difference between my 'before' and 'now' pictures, so I bet you look just as different :)

Wow alex the difference is amazing hun! Im so proud of you!

You have come soo far you can totally do this!

Sending lots of love
xxxxxxxxx

Aww thanks Kae...I really hope I can do it this time, and keep it off for good! It's so hard for me to get my head around the fact that back in January I was only 2 stone away from getting back to the way I looked on those pictures. I think I must've been in complete denial :eek:

Hope you're OK too - lots of love xxx

Well, back to the fat-fighting! It's weigh-in day today, and I've lost a pound - hardly earth-shattering news but I'm really pleased with that as I ate out three times this week and drank like a fish on Friday

Hope everybody is well, and thanks again for your lovely comments xxxx

Sometimes I don't think so Alex although sometimes I can really tell

well done on your 1lb. It's all weight lost ;)

Sometimes I don't think so Alex although sometimes I can really tell

well done on your 1lb. It's all weight lost ;)

I know what you mean PK its weird! It just depends if you are having a 'fat' day so to speak! Its all mind games ha"

xx

Back