Alex's JUDDDDing Ways

Hiya, sorry you're feeling a bit :( . I know the idea is not to worry about our up days, but I think the calculator gives us a up day allowance as a ceiling guide. Once a week I have an 'up and away day', cos that wee bottle of wine takes up so many cals lol. But for the rest if them I use my up day allowance as my ceiling guide and try to stick under it. X

16 lost : 51 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
Hiya, sorry you're feeling a bit :( . I know the idea is not to worry about our up days, but I think the calculator gives us a up day allowance as a ceiling guide. Once a week I have an 'up and away day', cos that wee bottle of wine takes up so many cals lol. But for the rest if them I use my up day allowance as my ceiling guide and try to stick under it. X

16 lost : 51 to goal

Yeah I know my UDs last week were way too up!! So this week I'm sticking to my 2000 cal limit and hopefully it will give me a loss on Friday (my new improved WI day!) xx

Well I've just been for my run (Week 2 Day 1 of C25K) and despite really not wanting to go on it! I feel so much better than I did before - its such a change in me to do something positive when I'm feeling low rather than turning to food got comfort and starting the whole cycle again!

So despite a sts this week I'm proud of myself for sticking with it :-D

Just another thought... Do you think the fact that I'm now exercising (after 5 months sat on my bum on CD!) will have had an effect on my weight loss?

hmmm don't ask me any more questions, I need to know if you had it yet!!

passionflower said:
hmmm don't ask me any more questions, I need to know if you had it yet!!

Not yet... Will be later! I'm savouring the moment and torturing you lol!! I'm having Lasagne, chips and salad for dinner followed by the luscious cream egg cornetto mmmmmmm ;-)

I had one of those yesterday..... mmmmmmmmm

Greeneyes11 said:
I had one of those yesterday..... mmmmmmmmm

I think it was your post yesterday that started my craving for one... Didn't even know they existed before that lol! X

If you exercise your muscles hold on to water to repair themselves so your weightloss may not be so good for the first week but they only hold on to so much so the second week everything should be fine.

Greeneyes11 said:
If you exercise your muscles hold on to water to repair themselves so your weightloss may not be so good for the first week but they only hold on to so much so the second week everything should be fine.

Fingers crossed for a better weight loss next week then - thanks :)

Right I'm doing another UD tomorrow as I'm having lunch with a friend and it's been ages since I've been able to go out and enjoy a meal with a friend!

But then I'm going to have 2 DDs in a row (I know it's not recommended!) as I'm away at the weekend so I need Friday/Saturday to be UDs again!! So I've still had 3 DDs and 4 UDs this week as planned just in a different order :) x

Right I'm doing another UD tomorrow as I'm having lunch with a friend and it's been ages since I've been able to go out and enjoy a meal with a friend!

But then I'm going to have 2 DDs in a row (I know it's not recommended!) as I'm away at the weekend so I need Friday/Saturday to be UDs again!! So I've still had 3 DDs and 4 UDs this week as planned just in a different order :) x
Can you not do a plan meal around your 500 cal with your friend instead? I am just thinking 2 DD would be tough on you, just a thought salad and some lean protein will be found in most eateries.

Would it not be better to do an ID day instead of 2 down days. It is the swing between higher and lower calories that keeps your metabolism up. 2down days together will slow your metabolism down. Stick to around 1200 on one of those days. Would it also be possible to do that on your UDs at the weekend too?

Greeneyes11 said:
Would it not be better to do an ID day instead of 2 down days. It is the swing between higher and lower calories that keeps your metabolism up. 2down days together will slow your metabolism down. Stick to around 1200 on one of those days. Would it also be possible to do that on your UDs at the weekend too?

I might do an ID on Wednesday if I'm finding it difficult but tbh after 5 months on CD it's not that much of an issue to me :)

Looking at the Twitter feed from the Horizon man (can't remember his name lol!) he says it's ok to have 2 DDs together - in fact that was what the original research used.

I'm not going to do it regularly but just fits easier with my week this week that's all :)

passionflower said:
Can you not do a plan meal around your 500 cal with your friend instead? I am just thinking 2 DD would be tough on you, just a thought salad and some lean protein will be found in most eateries.

Tbh after 5 months only eating protein and veg when I go out I need a break from it! I'd rather have a nice meal out and then do two DDs if I'm honest :)

Like I say it won't be a regular thing but just fits my week better this week :)

Tbh after 5 months only eating protein and veg when I go out I need a break from it! I'd rather have a nice meal out and then do two DDs if I'm honest :)

Like I say it won't be a regular thing but just fits my week better this week :)
Oh and I can appreciate that sweetheart, I was just wondering if you could avoid another disappointing Monday next week that's all, you know what best work for you sorry if I came across as bossy xx

passionflower said:
Oh and I can appreciate that sweetheart, I was just wondering if you could avoid another disappointing Monday next week that's all, you know what best work for you sorry if I came across as bossy xx

I'm going to weigh in on Friday this week after the 2 DDs to adjust my WI day as well - I'm not weighing in after a weekend again lol!

You weren't bossy my love just concerned and I thank you for it Hun :) xx

Oh yeah I forgot you changed WI but I was meaning next weigh in, I know it will all work out in the wash hun so enjoy your fabby day out tomorrow.

Back