Total Solution Ali p's diary

Feeling frustrated this morning
Yes I get on the scales every day still :/ and even after all that walking and drinking loads yesterday so peeing like a newbie I thought the scales would show something today but nothing :(
It is naughty to get on the scales every day I know but I have been so good :( I was sure something would show.
I am at the usual point in my weight where I am near the 11' s and it all goes to pot
I won't let it stop me this time I will keep going its just annoying :/
Anyway rant over and on with another week
Have a good week everyone:)

Hi Ali,
Up until saturday I had only lost 1lb and was panicking but weighed in today and lost 3lbs. Jael is right, the weight doesnt come off at a consistent rate but it has to come off being on this diet. I am going to try and only weigh once in the middle of the week and then again on weigh in day because it does mess with your mind a bit! Dont know if I will manage it though!!
xxx

I only lost 2lb a week for both weeks 1 and 2 but started my food week yesterday. I only had a mushroom omelette and salad but also exercised more. I don't know if it is a coincidence or just due to wieght fluctuations but when I weighed myself this morning I weighed 3lb less than yesterday morning. It will be interesting to see if I lose more this week even though I am eating more.

Thanks guys I am just having a bit of a crisis at the mo and am feeling really fat today, I had a bar for my lunch instead of a shake and wonder if that has done it, hope its not as I have got some of those tesco bars to try.
I think everyone has bad days as I have read lots of you're diaries and there's always good and bad days, I don't feel hungry and am not interested in cheating but I am putting a lot of pressure on myself as I have 4 was till I go on holiday and have set myself a target of another 9 lbs to 12 lbs off by then, it may sound do able but some people seem to loose slower than others and I want to be a faster looser as I am really impatient :(
That doesn't sound realistic I know but I can't help it. Boo hoo.
God I'm ranting today
Enough, positive thinking only from now on :)

Devastated this morning
Scales are stuck solid again, that's the same weight since Sunday weigh
Can't understand it, I have been 100% and appear to have hit a plateau
I know that if I didn't weigh myself everyday then I wouldn't know but I need to do it so I keep on top of myself.
When I have left weigh in for longer on previous diets I usually start cheating, at least weighing everyday even if its disappointing keeps me on track.
I will not let this stop me but do worry that this always seems to happen to me around this weight and I end up giving up before I reach my goal.
Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh:(

Stop worrying, if you have been 100% the scales will move again. It's only been a couple of days. I have had up to 4 days where the scales haven't moved for me at all, or they've even gone up slightly, but they always move again/go down again. Our bodies dont lose at a consistent rate everyday, the amount of movement you've done, TOTM, how much water you've drunk, bowel movements, all these things will affect the scales on a daily basis. Don't let the scales dictate your mood or let you get disheartened. That's why they only recommend weighing once a week. I'm a daily weigher too and it used to get me down but after nearly 12 weeks of doing this, I've learned that a few days staying the same doesn't matter, it's the overall total and I've still had good losses every week.

Hi Ali. My weight loss slowed right down in weeks 2 and 3 and my total loss each week was only 2lb. However since starting my food week on Sunday I've lost 4lb in just 3 days. I'm hoping this isn't just a blip or fluctuating weight and that I'v kick started my loss. What I've been doing is eating very low carb meals - mushroom omelette and salad sun, mushroom omelette and asparagus yesterday and 2 boiled eggs today as well as the exante meals - and making sure I use the extra calories by taking the dog for 3 mile walks. It might help to do the same for a couple of days and see what happens.

Thank you for your support
It really helps me to hear from other people, I know I am being paranoid but I just can't help it, I am stressing myself up about everything at the moment and can't seem to relax, normally I would have used food as my crutch but determined to sort my eating out for good this time.
Sorry to be such a pain

Scales have finally started moving again thank goodness :)
Another 1lb off its slower than I would like but hopefully it will continue, it's still better than any other diet I have done when 1 to 2 lbs a week is as much as you can hope for
I also think that although we eat no real food it is actually easier to stick to that a food diet as you are always tempted to pick at food and have to portion correctly etc.
So onwards I go, I find trying on my clothes helpful as well as they really show where the weight is going from

glad you have another 1lb off ali!

just stop panicking when you dont see them budge!! do what Laura says and as soon as your up have a drink of water so that the scales wont reflect correctly and you wont feel the need to weigh in every day because it wont be a true result?

I will try I promise
I am having a better day today as have seen some family and friend for the first time in weeks and they both commented on my weight loss, they said they can really tell, :)
This is spurring me on and I only pray it continues

Guess what I got on the scales again this morning
Difference is that I told myself that whatever they say I will be ok about it
Even though they flashed on a lower number they settled on the same as yesterday, it's ok, it's not going as fast as I wanted but it is going and that's what counts, using my clothes as a guide as well and they are all fitting better :)
At least I can manage this diet ok and don't feel deprived.
Though I must admit that whilst making hubby's sandwiches for work last night I imagined myself taking a big bite of the sandwich as it looked very yummy. I do miss bread, but not enough to eat some, :)
Have a good day everyone

:( can't stop thinking about steak and chicken and pork and basically all meat :(
Feel empty inside today
, not hungry just empty :(
Oh wo is me

Weigh in in the morning, it's 3weeks tomorrow
It's definitely been a slower week even though I have been 100% all through 21 days
Just hope I'm not gonna be a slow loser every week cause its really disheartening

Good luck tomorrow...it's my weigh in as well tomorrow

Good luck both of you!

How did you get on

Right sorry for the delayed post but I had the work day from hell yesterday
I only lost a pitiful 2 lb this week and am really disappointed about that, I have worked really hard to stay on track 100% and feel its not enough.
On the plus side this morning the scales have dropped another 1.2 lbs so I'm hoping for a better week this week, I am adding a 200 cal meal in the evening of plain meat and veg or salad and will see how this goes, I have been having some digestive problems in the last couple of days, bloated and a bit constipated feeling which hasn't helped my mood either
Here's hoping for a better day work wise today but I'm not holding my breath as I know it will be the same or worse than yesterday, I hate my boss and have to spend 5 whole hours with her today :(

2lb is better than 1lb and is 2lb nearer to goal! Hope you have a better day at work today. Just think about all the weight you are going to lose and focus on being positive. :)

Thanks Lynne, your right about the 2 lbs I know, it's just hard, work was just about bearable and at least I got to sit in the sun for an hour when I got home, just had some chicken broccoli and green beans for my tea and it was really yummy. :) but even though it was a tiny portion I feel stuffed.
Scales said 12.0.2 this morning so only need 0.4 of a lb to be in the 11's
Bring it on,
I haven't been this low for 20 yrs :) yet I still feel flabby and fat, lol

Back