Alia's new look diet plan

Alia

Silver Member
Ok so new tactics and big changes are ahead.

I want to change the direction of what I eat 100%. I want to include loads more veg and much less proccessed and ready cooked foods.

It's not going to be easy but I'm motivated and I'm going to be giving it a good go!!

Your feedback on this is really going to be needed as I'm new to all this veg stuff etc so I might go wrong.

So for today my plan is

Breakfast Melon

Lunch Egg Salad with Tuna Fish 113g (HE B Choice. Heinz extra light salad cream 2 syns

Dinner Morrocan Vegetable Stew with Cous Cous.

Snacks Fruit, Salad Vegetables and Fat free yoghurts.

Hi Hun,

Well done on trying to get some more veggies in! Your meal plan looks lush, what do you put in your egg salad? And dont forget to have some syns too! We all need a few nice treaties too! The moroccan stew sounds looooovely. Let us know what it turns out like.

I find sauces like spag bol, (veggie or meat) are a great way of getting superfrees in. I make it using passata, fresh tomatoes, celery, onion,
mushroom, peppers etc, it all adds up doesnt it! I also always have some sort of salad with lunch, and roasting parsnips/potatoes/Butternutsquash is just lush! xx

Hi Losc

I just boil a couple of eggs and chop them and mix them through a mixed salad and add some heinz extra light salad cream - really nice, I put tuna in it sometimes too xxx

Today's food diary is as follows

Breakfast Coffee made with SS Milk then a little later Cherries & Water Melon

Lunch Moroccan vegetable stew with white rice

Dinner Jacket potato with baked beans and tuna fish

Snacks in the day Peaches, Cherries, Melon, fat free yoghurt.

Resisting the temptation of mug shots!! I love them but trying a week without them, it's killing me lol

Hi Alia

I would never have thought of making an egg salad, but it does sound lovely, thats gonna go on my meal planner for next week! thanks hun.

Your getting lots of fruit and veggies in by looks of it, your menu looks great. If you are hungry, i would not worry about having mug shots! they are free, and your getting a good mix of fresh fruit and veg so it wouldnt be a problem. Pot Noodle have also just brought out some syn free noodle things so im gonna try them this week.

Congratulations on your news! I am getting so broody! I hope your keeping well. take care, louise xx

Hi Alia

I would never have thought of making an egg salad, but it does sound lovely, thats gonna go on my meal planner for next week! thanks hun.

Your getting lots of fruit and veggies in by looks of it, your menu looks great. If you are hungry, i would not worry about having mug shots! they are free, and your getting a good mix of fresh fruit and veg so it wouldnt be a problem. Pot Noodle have also just brought out some syn free noodle things so im gonna try them this week.

Congratulations on your news! I am getting so broody! I hope your keeping well. take care, louise xx

I read about the pot noodle things, wonder what they taste like - might have to buy a couple next week to try them out.

I'm avoiding the mugshots as I'm trying to avoid processed stuff as much as possible this week but if I get desperate one won't hurt anyway - I've regularly had 3 or 4 a week since I've been on SW and it has never affected my losses though some people seem to think cause they are higher in calories they could affect loss.

Todays menu

Breakfast Water melon and Peaches and Coffee made with SS Milk

Lunch 2 eggs friend in fry light with baked beans

Dinner Syn Free Chilli with Jacket potato (made with quorn, kidney beans, sweet chilli baked beans, tinned tomatos, peppers, onions, carrots and vine tomatos, curry power and splenda)

Snacks Fat free yoghurts, banana, melon, pomegranate, 2 Alpen light bars (HEB)

Your meals are looking great Alia, keep it up! I find chilli, spag bol and curries great for getting veggies in. I have bags of frozen sweetcorn and peas in the freezer that I chuck into loads of dishes.

The pot noodle mugs are great! I like to have them if I'm feeling hungry late at night. :)

Hi Alia

Your menus look great! Moroccan vegetable stew sounds lovely - do you have the recipe by any chance?

BTW I read your online blog regularly so keep posting!

Good luck with the healthy eating,

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Krupskaya

here is how I made the moroccan veg stew, it's really simple - I got it out the magazine and just added a few extra things.

Fry onions in fry light, add 2 teaspoons of garlic and 2 teaspoons of ginger.

Add chopped Sweet potato, courgette, vine tomatos, green and red peppers, butternut squash and carrots along with 1 tin of chopped tomoatos, 1 litre of vegetable stock, 2 teaspons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of cinammon, 2 teaspoons of haldi, 1 teaspoons of flaked chillis, 2
teaspoons of corriandor and salt to taste.

Bring to the boil and cook till all the vegetables are soft and the sauce ahs thickened. Just before serving, stir in a handful of chopped fresh mint and corriander.

Serve with Cous Cous

Todays food went as

Breakfast SF Jelly (don't know how many syns its the hartleys ready made pots), Fat Free Yoghurt, Peach and a Banana

Lunch Mug shot (I caved in) and 2 boiled eggs

Dinner Syn Free Meatballs in a tomato and pepper sauce with Spaghetti

Snacks Peaches, Strawberries, Melon, 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEX B) Coffee made with SS Milk (HEX A) SF Jellly with Fat Free yoghurt (1.5 syns)

All this extra fruit and veg is playing havoc with my bowels arghhhhh can't stop going for no 2 (TMI) and its really loose so when I got to go I've got to go!! And to top it all today I can't stop weeing either :eek:

Thanks for the recipe Alia, it looks lovely! Just one question - what is haldi? Never heard of it - what does it taste like?

Keep up the good work honey. Your menus sound fab and I bet the weight will drop off you,

ZXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for the recipe Alia, it looks lovely! Just one question - what is haldi? Never heard of it - what does it taste like?

Keep up the good work honey. Your menus sound fab and I bet the weight will drop off you,

ZXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh sorry hun, Haldi is tumeric :rolleyes:

So first day of the water challenge and I've failed miserably - just don't fancy being up and down to the loo more than I already I am.

Menu for today was

Breakfast Melon Banana and Activia fat free yoghurt. 1 boiled egg

Lunch Alpenlight bar 1/2 HEB

Dinner Savoury rice with Asda chick pea dhal.

Snacks - Strawberries, banana, fat free yoghurt, melon and various other fruits.

Solero 5 syns :eek::eek: Daughter bought it being nice when she went in to pay for petrol and we were on the way out - she could n't eat it cause she had one and it would have gone in the bin otherwise and I figured I deserved it and could easily afford the syns.

Back