All by myself and dragging the husband along!

Oh your so close then I'm sure you will be fine and I wish you all the luck possible. I no how hard it can be we tried 6 years for our little girl,looked into ivf but we were both to fat. Started dieting in the Jan think hubby lost nearly 2 stone . I had already lost 3stone in the June-oct then re started in the Jan with hubby and I was preg in the march.

Can be heartbreaking can't it i also made him take the man pills from boots basically contains all vitamins.

Yeah hes on the multi vit but I have never had a sniff of a pregnancy ever and have never been really preventing it or trying so it indicated all is not well. Then I had a mass on my ovary and had it removed last year and I went to pieces as they were talking full hysterectomy I crumbled and realised that I did want kids but in the op the right ovary is stuck to the uterus. The joy of endometriosis! The Dr said the only way to conceive is IVF for me but hubbys swimmers tested ok. Repeated tests at the clinic and hubbys swimmers are not ok. So we are both broken.

I am not looking forward to going mental and getting piles (apparently this is just with ivf!) but we will try each little hurdle as it comes and hope for the best. I think I just need to feel I have given it a final go and what will be will be. First attempt success rates arent that high and it usually takes three goes to get a positive test. We only get three goes on the NHS and probably wont be freezing any as I will produce a lower amount of eggs as I only have one ovary. The fun starts in mid Feb! Happy Valentines day lol

You're doing brilliant Emma, look how much you've lost in total...fantastic. You've done so well this month that I'm sure you'll be under your target weight when you hop on those IVF scales on 24th. X

Oh you poor thing that's awful. I always thort it was me with irregular periods but turned out that was just stress and it was the hubby with probs. The results where shocking and he used to say might aswell forget the idea and this broke me and I aways said I will never give up hope. The doctors said need to loose weight before they can refer us, so this is what we did. Just goes to show what dieting really does in just 2 months really of him eating healthy. I remeber the day I was sobbing before he went to work was feeing so low it was really getting me down and I remember him sayin to me it will prob just be us and I needed to try and forget it cause it was making me ill. I turned around and said I can't I will never give up hope. That night he was at work I went round my mums and she had cooked curry and felt like a thousand times she kept saying do u want some I was like no . It stunk I felt so sick from the smell. Driving home I realised this wasn't right I love curry and it clicked I was a few weeks late which was quite normal for me but thort I'd grab a test like I did most months. I was amazed I just sobbed and sobbed couldn't believe my eyes.

I hope one day this happens for you , I know exactly how you feel it's terrible to go through. I wish you all the best xx

Well done on a 4lb loss! I'm so sorry to hear about your struggle to conceive. I can't imagine how tough it is to be losing weight with that added pressure. 1.2 kg is a little less than 3lbs I think, you can do it! I would not hesitate to get naked when they weigh you haha.

Awe thanks all. Amazing timing Laura on finding you were pregnant.
last time they weighed me for the ovary removal op I told them either their scales were off by 4lb or I had accidentally looked at a cake. The woman laughed. I said if it was SW I'd arrived in my shorts and even taken my jewelry off!

So today
Breakfast zoats I even made some for my OH. Who said they were OK and was convinced something was hiding the taste of the courgette. Cmon ladies try it. To get good losses you need less fruit and more SF veg.
Coffee with 75ml milk.

Lunch
At the airport I had scrambled eggs loads of mushrooms and bacon with fat cut off. Bought a mullerlight and carrot sticks from boots for the flight. Bloody carrots didn't taste like anything.

Dinner
Steak and green beans and a salad with water.

Syns will be in the fat the people cook all this in so I am pleased I avoided the blooming red velvet cake, Victoria sponge and scones that turned up in the lounge!

Showing a pic of my travel survival kit. 5 portions of weighed out oats, mugshots and some options incase of a choc fix. Also got some satsumas.

And again with pics

Attachments

• IMAG0901.jpg
    IMAG0901.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
Well done on the loss! Good luck with the IVF hun. One of the reasons I want to lose weight is me and my hubby want to try for a baby, but I'm far too big at the moment and my periods are all over the place. My fingers are crossed for you xxxxx

Good luck with your weight loss.

Both my boys are ICSI babies and I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

The process really is worth it.

Gemma

Hiya
Well I am back. They had alot of salads and some fish. But the blooming cakes got me dam it. According to the scales I have certainly not followed plan but I am not counting it as its coming off. The mini target of getting lower than 90kg by Tuesday is probably out of the window. I can still have it as a target though, I'm going to try and remember the disappointment of getting back on the scales and getting back on them and them being in the wrong direction.
Anywho came back, and I feel like I have tonsillitis. So yesterday was a weird eating day where I didn't want anything. I was trying to avoid tablets as the whole ivf thing you have to be purer than pure. Hubby dragged me into the best pub for food in Alton and picked at some stuff then finished off the bear cake as it was his birthday.
So today will be on plan. Going to make up some soup and stay away from the icecream I bought and go with cold water instead. Thats the plan....

Sounds like you've had a good time. As long as you get back onto plan you will be fine . You will prob see that weight come off in the first week . Just imagine what you would of normally eaten and what you actually did.

And after promoting the zoats theres a European courgette shortage! I don't know if I can cope. Might have to give the carrot version a try.
Veg in all the shops was pretty low, might be a problem for us SW followers.

Sounds like you've had a good time. As long as you get back onto plan you will be fine . You will prob see that weight come off in the first week . Just imagine what you would of normally eaten and what you actually did.

Yeah I should really know better though. A couple of nights I ditched the colleagues and just had salad bar from the supermarket but should not have picked up the huge bags of crisps....

I've only had a coffee and zoats this morning (with the last courgette in Hampshire) as I'm full of a cold and got a stinking sore throat. Was the OH birthday Friday and poor guy, I was late with his card, now full of germs and I'm not hungry so he says no point in going out for a meal. I'm not sure the SW. butternut squash and sweet potato soup is a good substitute for the beefeater meal he was aiming for lol.

So today
Zoats and frozen fruit and mullerlight
75ml skimmed milk in my decaf coffee
2tbsn SF monin

Lunch
SW butternut squash and sweet potato soup - I chucked some celery and onion in there aswell.

Snack
two satsumas (hoping the vit C will cure me...)
Club biscuit - 5 syns
babybel light

Dinner SW sweet and sour chicken - 1 syn

Spent the day wondering about Farnborough trying to decide on kitchens/tiles etc. Think we've lost the will to live on this and costs have spiralled. I wanted to have it sorted for when the builder comes back in a week or so as I'm going to be ivf'ing as its all going on and dont need that stress. But apparently the kitchen gods are against me on that! Hopefully only two more designers and we will chose a company to go with and be done with it. SO did over 10,000 steps with a OH who has had enough and my germs so not bad.

Good news. The courgette supply in Hampshire has been replenished. Get them now ladies for the zoats!

So I tried carrot zoats this morning which is straight zoats with a grated carrot, cinnamon, ginger and some nutmeg. I put some frozen berries and served with a mullerlight. Not as keen on this one as straight zoats.

Coffee with 75ml skimmed milk.

Lunch was a small plum lol.

Dinner
Steak, diced carrots and Swede, broccoli and mushrooms. Made boiled potatoes but only had one or two to try and stay on the sf side.

Had a cup of tea and a small slice of chocolate cake that came out of a hamper. Should be OK as it was the only syns for the day.

Only drank two glasses out of my four needed. Nearly reached 10000 steps for the day. Will have to jog on the spot for a few minutes to get it lol. Blooming Garmin made my weekly challenge 80k. Got no chance with a cold. Can't hear out of my right ear today argh.

Ivf weigh in tomorrow. Going to be more than my 89 target dam it.

Sounds like you've had a lovely time away, which I think is all part of it. If you can go away and have some time off for a holiday but then get straight back on it, to me that's part of making a healthy life style change as noone can be on it 100% all the time and sometimes life gets in the way and you shouldn't feel guilty about that. That's my view anyway.

I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble conceiving as well. Good luck with the IVF

Thanks Donna. Problem is I go away alot for work lol. It's easier for me to travel in the UK as I just get a steak and jacket potato with veg for dinner. Can always hit a sainsburys for a mullerlight aswell. I just seem to have lost that discipline which is why I'm yoyoing over the stone I've been messing around with.
Just need to get the mojo back. Easy when at home

Back