All by myself and dragging the husband along!

So, today
Usual breakfast, I think we all know it

Lunch
Butternut squash, sweet potato soup with a couple stalks of celery and an onion. Put some sage in it which made it less like baby food. Added lean gammon chunks.

Light babybel.

Dinner
Minced beef hash from the in minutes SW cookbook. However I put a whole Swede in and half a bag of carrots. Got to get the SF in there somewhere.

Made sweet potatoes and onion bhaji again, I can never get 20 out of the recipe so I'm guessing at 3 syns.

Club biscuit 6 syns

Had about 75% of my water intake today so getting better. Did some crunches last night. My god the plank thing nearly killed me! I could only manage 20second and that was the cheat one on your knees.

Oh I had a sneaky extra decaf coffee. Probably overdid the hexa. Considering I never get near to the allowed amount I'm not counting any syns.

Been really bad with the step count this week. Going to get back on it next week. Starting to get a bit stressed as the chemical menopause drugs start being injected on Thursday night. Eek.

Last edited:
ooo I would have loved to have been in Israel for the houmous & pittas! I've a thing for houmous at the minute! You didn't put that much on considering you were away for nearly a week and look like you're getting right back on plan again. Food's looking good.
You're lucky to still be making your zoats, there's not a single courgette to be had up here! (That was very Geordie! Means non in shops, which you probably guessed).
I tried doing the plank challenge and felt like my stomach was about to split, what a killer!
Wow, the date for your injections is coming around quick. I'll be thinking of you on 9th Emma, try not to be too stressed though I know it'll be hard not to XX

I had to buy organic ones! Also I noticed butternut squashes were getting low. I'm glad it's not affected my Swede intake. I'm trying to stock the freezer with stuff I can microwave up as we are having an extension with new kitchen at some point (when bricks can be set as it's not freezing!). Made two portions for two of the minced beef thing last night. So I'm trying to think ahead. Going to make a big chili this week and get that a couple portions of that in too. Poor freezer won't know what's hit it.
I find that veg levels are replenished on Monday. Going to pop into adds today when I walk in to town to get my steps up.

I'm getting stressed now. Got my calender all booked up for ivf with injections and then pregnancy test. You have a two week wait where they say I can't travel. Had a trip to the Czech Republic and told my boss I can't go and he wants to know why. Dam it, I don't want him knowing. Was thinking of saying the OH has an op and need to be in the UK or I'm taking holiday that week (don't want to). My mums here and told her and she's like tell him 'medical reasons and say you will talk with HR if he wants'. It's been a while since my mums been in the work place! Our HR is non existent. Think I will say holiday. But just snapped at her that this was a stupid thing to say that only invited more questions that I don't want to answer.

Might need to go to the ivf counsellor add in starting to get very anxious about everything. Grrr

Probably a good idea to have a chat with an IVF counsellor, really anxious time for you and you don't need added stress of how to deal with other people wanting to know what's going on when really that's your business X

On an ivf forum they said if you tell people you are doing it everytime gets obsessed about where you are with injections etc. I kind of just want to get on with it alone although I am the type of person who likes to talk to people when I've got things on my mind so I'm probably causing this due to the embarrassment of having to go this way.

As long as I don't drown myself in ben and Jerry's I should be OK. Trying to start up with the walking again to try to get rid of some stress.

Right. Been a bit weepy today but then I got the majority of two reports done and had a walk into town and feel better. Although I just tried to plank for 2x15seconds and that's depressing!

So today same old breakfast

Lunch
Butternut squash and sweet potato soup with gammon chunks
Snack was 27g of sweet and salty popcorn 117kcal so 6 syns

Had at least three glasses of water today so just need to up that to 5 to be in the peeing all day range.

Dinner
Left over taco bean egg wrap with salsa and refried beans. By the way stick with el paso ones and not Tesco own brand whose were foul.

My mum asked me to get her a Chelsea bun from the bakery. I did well and just got her something without even looking for me.

Tomorrow in the London office. Got my zoats prepared and lunch is leftover bean thing. Need to leave early to get back home to cook dinner which is either chili or casserole.

Found lots of veg in the shops today. I asked the store bloke and he said weekends all veg is flying off the shelf and during the week they are having to reduce it to get rid.

So, I went into our office in London today. Had my usual breakfast there and then was all set for bean taco and salsa with a it of rice and refried beans and then the wraps turned up. Eek. Only had about three 3cm bits if you know what I mean. Then I walked over to the fruit. About 3pm I got to my packed lunch.

Was so tired after a long day I just had a jacket spud with heinz spaghetti and a light babybel for tea.

On the brighter side I did 10,000 steps today so I am proud of that. I said to my mum we would go and see some snowdrop woods near Newbury but the weather is going to turn again. Instead of doing it tomorrow I might have to postpone.

Good luck Hun I'm sure this is your time got everythin crossed for you stay calm and chilled you've waited a long time for this keep smiling and hopefully you will get the best outcome possible :)

It's no ones business but your own you say what you need to what ever feels right xx

Well last night my mum set our burglar alarm beeping loudly at 1:25am and that was me done for sleep that night. I keep thinking its not effecting me but it is. Mind you I was in bed by 9pm lol. So hungry I could eat a horse today. Guess it's because period is coming up and my bodies telling me to eat everything in sight!
I've got a casserole in the slow cooker (started that at 3am lol) but might see if mum wants a carvery tonight. I'm addicted to Toby but it's so cheap and you can easily stay on plan.
I've had cheeky daily weigh ins and it looks like a good lots this week and find past the 4.5stone mark. However this isn't official till Saturday.

Last edited:
4.5 stone that is amazing you should feel very proud.

What do you have at Toby and how many syns do you count it as for mash etc do u have roasts hahah

I get the normal meat, usually the turkey and gammon as that always looks like they have less fat. No Yorkie. I have all the veg and only a little bit of gravy with no other sauces. If I have potatoes I only have a bit and don't have any other syns for the day to allow for the fat it's cooked in and any other hidden syns. It's mainly just getting loads of veg to full you up.

Mum said no to carvery. She was eyeing up the casserole.

So today
I think we all know what my breakfast is

Lunch
Butternut squash and sweet potato soup. I will be making another batch of that for the fridge.

About 4 teas and only one club biscuit.

Dinner
Cabbage and broccoli with beef casserole. Probably about 3syns because I forgot that the slow cooker keeps juices in rather than reduces down. So I had flour in there and then had to add cornflour to help thicken it up.
Not so impressed with the slow cooking. Maybe I need more practice with it.

Had a mango for afters. I love mango but know these free fruits always slow my weight loss down.

Also had a mullerlight and three glasses of water out of the four needed. Although I saw some one say that with ivf you need to hit 2.5 to 3 litres. My god. I'm struggling with one! I might drown with all that water

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of water ccant you just add a little squash.

I was thinking tho same about Carvery just see it as all your syns . I'd end up with cauli cheese tho and maybe 2 roasts and mash haha. Could just eat one lol

I just seriously love the veg. The cabbage and the green beans are lovely. Anything for a piece of gammon!
It's so nice to be able to eat a low syn meal cheaply and quickly if you are hungry (and it's not rush hours).

I've got the SW chip shop curry in the freezer. Anyone tried it? Was thinking a Saturday treat might be that with SW chips and a couple of sausages.

4.5 is amazing :O
Can't ever imagine being at that stage, bet you are so proud of yourself! You should be!

I did a slow cooker casserole today. I only add a tiny bit of water now when I use the slow cooker, just to moisten it a bit, cause like you say water comes out of the veg and meat and makes the sauce itself. Infact I probably didn't need to add any water really today as I put a tin of chopped tomatoes in, but I do like a lot of gravy. I also fry my meat and onions for a bit before putting everything else in the slow cooker (I have a sear and stew one, its fab), and I always just add half a tablespoon of cornflour when I'm frying it, as it just helps thicken it slightly.
But yeah, the trick is dont add much liquids yourself, just let it all stew together :)

As for Carvery, I love it! I always have a load of veg it's my favourite part. My hubby got me a large one last time we went with extra sausage and yorkie and I shouted at him and didn't use it cause I couldn't fit as much veg on LOL
They always seem to make the cabbage taste amazing!
And you have to have gammon everytime!

Gammon is obligatory at the cavery, fact! I've started buying a gammon joint, cooking it up and then having it in the fridge to nibble on. Helps liven up the soups!
Which reminds me I need to stock up on fridge nibbles. sW scotch eggs will be made tomorrow. If I'm going to go through fake menopause for 3 weeks I'm going to need to stay on plan rather than give into comfort food.

Bless you , you get some nice things in your fridge to pick at. Never had the gammon normally have pork and beef. I also get a gammon joint once a week really nice

Well I ended up not making the scotch eggs and on the build up to taking my first injection made a chili con carne and another batch of soup. This is partly because I don't want the veg to go off and also I ordered one of the online veg boxes that's coming tomorrow. Thought it might be cheaper, let's see.

So today
Zoats etc etc

Lunch
Toby carvery. The mash was awful but of course the gammon was nice lol.

Then went for a pootle around the supermarket. Stayed away from all naughtiness. However mum came out with a massive tub of mint choc chip ice-cream. Mind you I can't pig out on that.

Dinner
Small jacket with the chili. Not a lot of speed which might be a problem.

Water has been spread out over the day which had meant no kidney pains. I usually remember to drink around lunch time and start drinking then but it really hurts. Will keep it up earlier.

Had a bath then did my first injection for ivf. Only 39 more to go! Sorry to go on. My only outlet for this is here and the hubby and he's in Peru!
Scales went up by a kg this morning which is no good especially since I'm eating like a horse. Need to cut down on portions or I might be in trouble for weigh in.

Well done on your first injection, you're not going on at all, it's nice to follow your journey, both your weightloss and otherwise :) I talk alsorts of rubbish on my diary LOL

Could really eat a carvery, might get hubby to take me one day next week, yummmmm

So today, zoatsssss.

Lunch
Butternut squash and sweet potato soup but I needed to use up some bacon so a couple of hours after that I had 4 poached eggs, bacon and mushrooms with a 60g white bap. Also had a tiny nibble of my mums Chelsea bun. So that's about all my syns gone lol.

Dinner
Leftover something with mincemeat and cabbage. Just had a Hartley jelly at 0.5syn aswell.

An injection of 50mg menopause drugs aswell.

I've got one more glass of water left to make 3.1litres . My god can't do that without being out of the house.

Back