All by myself and dragging the husband along!

ok I couldn't help myself, I updated my statistics lol and took the half century badge

Thanks, I really think the push came from the support of the forum. Unfortunately the trip is for work so not alot of fun to be had but at least might get some sun on my back :)

Well I'm in Dubai. Did as much plan as I could on the plane with taking fruit to fill me up.
Went to the supermarket here, hyper panda! Stocked up on fruit. So many types from all over the world. Also found activia light! So breakfast is bran flakes with activia. Skimmed milk cappuccino and maybe s couple poached eggs.

Got fruit to fill me during the day at the plant. Steak and jacket potato or an Arabic kebab should be mostly on plan ath

Ok accidentally hit send there. Today's aims stay hydrated and maybe a gym session later. No naughty processed sugar food because I did eat a Mars ice cream about 7 syns yesterday to help with the heat!

Everytime I try to reply something errors out. Is it me? argh I have written this twice now! Back from dubai, been naughty, but lost 2lbs and only 0.5lbs from halfway point. Going to try to plan all meals out and keep walking where I can, to help my back and also maybe thats what the difference is between plateauing and losing

Ok now I have confidence that the reply worked. I also went to Sainsburys who were having a 25% sale on clothes. I tried in and bought as they fit! a size 14 linen shirt (that fits over my hips!) and size 16 jeans! Not claiming I achieved a size 16 trouser yet as mine don't stretch but I think I need to head to M&S and get a size 16 pair as hopefully it won't be long!
People are starting to ask "if you've lost nearly 4 stone whats the target" and "are you sure you aren't ill". Anyone else getting this? I think I prefer when they don't notice and leave me to it. I am kind of embarrassed and also superstitious on the, how long to go. This is the only real diet that has worked for me. Setting targets here and hitting them has been great but telling people out loud I have another 3+stone to go just for one sounds bad and two I don't want to jinx it.

Well I am back and so is minimins! Hurrah. Story update, got down to a 4.5 stone loss and then it crept back on with a load of naughtiness Weirdly it seems my last profile entry was me being 14st 11lbs and today I just weighed in at the same. Good news as I can't find the button to change my signature or profile. Getting back on to this weightloss game and heading for the target in 2016.
Also I just started the couch to 5k and on week 2, thinking about entering a 5k fun run as the target for that in 8 weeks.

So today like th erest of the days over Christmas has been a good SW day. This time I am making sure to have at least 5 syns a day and also taking care that I have enough Hex A and Hex B (a tip given to me when I went to group before Christmas!). So yesterday...

Breakfast
30g of Raisin Bran flakes (being carfeul with the raisins - why do they always sink to the bottom of the packet with no way to evenly distribute them!) and a mullerlight with two small pears
75ml skimmed milk in my cappuccino, instead of doing a double cappucino I do one with a shot of expresso and water to make it up. Two tbspns of sugar free vanilla monin syrup - no syns

Lunch
Bubble and squeek leftovers from Christmas. Turkey and gammon pieces, parsnips, potato, left over veg with extra cabbage, carrots and peas. Added a popached egg as the husband decided to steal some and I hadn't had a mid morning snack.
Apple with 15g stilton (remaning hexA)

Dinner
Did chicken tikka marinated drunsticks with carrots, supernoodles and a bit of lime and coriander rice (1 syn)
For dessert I had 50g of M&S chocolate yule log - 230kcal for a 1/12th slice (well slither if you ask me) accompanied with a cup of tea with no milk - my mum pointed this out to me, it tastes the same! Adding fat to a cup of tea does not effect the taste at all. and two teaspsoons sweetner, the yule log rocks in at 11.5syns (but worth it...)

Skipped out on the gym because we put together my new standing/sitting desk from ikea instead (this putting together of ikea flat pack did not end in divorce, all is good!)

Happy New Year all. Lets hope that 2016 is a great year for shedding the lbs and getting closer to targets.

I am still being quite good (shock)

Breakfast
30g Raisin Bran and mullerlight
Two cappucinos made with 150ml skimmed milk

Snack
A jazz apple (love these even though they are ridiculously expensive) and some processed ham and beef (no syns)
Granny smith with 15 g Stilton yummy!

Lunch
Jacket potato with a tin of mushy peas with mint sauce and gammon pieces

Dinner
Made a casserole to try and use up the freezer contents of beef and lamb with loads of veggies, swede, carrots, celery, tin of tomatoes, herbs, worcester sauce, mustard powder and a malteaser bunny (8 syns)

Thank Shez, hope you are doing well on your journey.

I weighed in today with a 2.5lb loss. Another 7 lbs and I break the 90 kg mark which I don't think I have been in since being a kid! Woke up to a surprise, its a gym day today and went to find some running gear. Turns out my size 20 gym crops are too big and might fall down if I run in them! Shopping trip needed to a size 16 to ensure everything is being held in whilst pounding the treadmill.

Yesterdays food diary

30g Sultana Bran
Frozen fruit
Mullerlight
Cappucino with the 75ml skimmed milk, and two tbspns of sugar free monin

I had plenty of snack attacks yesterday:
Apple
Sliced ham
Grapes
Two satsumas
A granny smith apple and 20g of stilton (Hex allowance)

Lunch
I made a pasta and sauce (chicken and mushroom) and then put a whole punnet of mushrooms and some extra pasta. I had half and hubby had half so I am saying about 75ml milk and didn't use butter.

Dinner
Made the fakeaway Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Tikka Masala with Brown Basmati rice (added some Barts Pilau herbs in some makes it pilau rice). Needed a mullerlight to calm my mouth down from the burn.

Saved up the syns for a slice of the dangerous yule log - 50g at 11.5syns and a cup of black tea. The dam log is lasting way too long! Its neverending!

Found pininterest has a slimming world food section and have been scouting for the low syn treats. Am eyeing up the egg custards and 1/2 syn brownies!

Off to the gym today to do another set of running, week 2 run 2. Its 90 seconds running and 2 minute walking intervals for 20 minutes. Next week it really bumps up the running though, eek. At least now I have tighter running crops on so I don't feel like my bum is bouncing around out of sync with the rest of me!

Ok so yesterday was another 100% day although looking it over I probably hit maximum syns and went a little over on the diary. However I managed my second run for week 2 on the couch to 2k. To celebrate I got a melon/grape pot from sainsburys.

Breakfast
35g sultana bran - now I hope I have the right amount here, the SW book says 35g of Kelloggs but we have the waitrose one. The waitrose one has more fibre than kelloggs - anybody knows then let me know!
Mullerlight
Some frozen fruit
cappucino 75ml skimmed milk and 2 tbspns sugar free monin syrup

Lunch
A had remaining pasta and sauce, unfortunately I had picked most of the mushrooms ouit of it so it was the mere pasta and sauce - 25ml milk
Left over casserole from two days ago
Apple
a couple of grapes - my husband is addicted to them and will eat up to a punnet a day! I keep telling him to cut that out as they arent SF and now hes trying to share the grape load

Melon grape pot from sainsburys

Dinner
Jacket pototoe with tuna and sweetcorn, 1 tbpsn llighter than light mayo and two babybels
black tea and a 50g slice of the neverending yule log! Maybe two more days and we will be there.

thats fab news that ur clothes are too big :) keep going hun!!!!
i need to check these fakeaway recipes out
i love a good curry
OH made his own pilau rice last night with just the shwartz pilau seasoning - tasted just like! nom
im officially starting tmoro x

Ha I am noticing odd changes in my shape at nearly 4 stone weight loss. Someone actually said to me that if I lost more weight in my face I would look ill! I have plenty to lose on my blooming thighs and arse! Maybe if I stand on my head it will disperse back? I am a bit bewildered by the skinny people clothes sizes. What happened to the larger size being too big then you just need a smaller size and it fits? Apparently this is unknown in the world of skinny people sizes. You can have a size 18 jean and it still might not get over your knees whereas another pair in the shop might be size 12 and too big! I am hoping my legs do not get more chunky with running as I have always had a small waist to (child bearing is what my granny called them) hips and big thighs/calves with a little waist is an unknown combo.

The fakeaway curries are great, they really should do some more. The rogan josh is the best but I haven't tried the vindaloo yet. I made a mistake with too many tomatoes and the aloo gobi, not good. The pilau seasoning takes all the mystery away from how they do it in the takeaway! I used some pinterest recipes yesterday in trying to get the SW chips nice. They don't taste like the chippy ones but with the drying of all chips they seem to crisp up better for me

Breakfast
The usual

Snacks - I would have eaten a horse yesterday!
Apple
Mullerlight
I made the SW turkish delights at 2 syns for about 20 - inhaled them all
SW chips and a dollop of lighter than light mayo - whats that about 2 syns?
one malteaser bunny 8 syns
Some gammon I had in the fridge (no fat)

Lunch
Chicken noodle soup from the SW little book of soups but I put a load of mushrooms and frozen peas and sweetcorn in it.

Dinner
Left over rogan josh and brown pilau rice.
Apple with 20g stilton out of my allowance.

My period is due and if I could find a horse I would eat one, also very testy. Not only because my husband is annoying me by breathing but I think lack of the sugary processed foods is kicking in. Has anyone noticed when you fall off the wagon with sugary foods you feel your heart racing after eating something naughty? Not only that I end up craving it and having withdrawal for a few days. Maybe I should be avoiding the neverending yule log and bunnies...what a frightening thought...

Dam yesterday was not good. I skipped the gym because something came up and then it was so late I missed dinner! I wasn't hungry but my husband convinced me it was yule log oclock at 10:15pm! and then the sugar got me pumping and I finally got to sleep at 2am!

Breakfast
The usual
Had one extra coffee, so total 150ml skimmed milk

Snacks
Again snack attack time. 3 satsumas and picking at the gammon joint I have in the fridge.

Lunch
A large bowl of SW chicken noodle soup (little book of soups recipe with added chestnut mushrooms, sweetcorn and peas)

Pre gym (that I ended up not going) snack
Jacket potato with mushy peas and mint sauce with chunks of gammon.

Then yule log o'clock. It ended!!! Ok we have one more to eat up and then its no more yule log! 12 syns

I guess I didn't miss out on dinner, just had it at 4pm so incredibly early. I am not drinking enough water or having enough SF foods so I need to adjust that in the next couple of days. I am sat here in my gym clothes and after breakie has settled I will head out. Husband is eying up a toby cavery for lunch. Guess no gravy no sauces, cut off any fat and syn the oil anything is cooked in and of course no dessert and should be ok.

Bit of a bad day yesterday but lets focus on the positives, got my run done. A few twinges in my knee but done. The day started well with a normal brekfast and no syn lunch (waiting for the carvery). Did run so agreed to go to the carvery, ignored all the gravy, cut the fat off and piled on the veggies and only had a bit of mustard.

Then came home and elderly cat holding paw up and severely limping! I cannot cope in a crisis, thank god my husband can. So straight to the emergency vet, where because I was near hysterical I decided I needed a malteaser bunny for the sugar, at least I gave the ears to my husband. The emergency vet is right next to morrisons and I picked up the cheap bakery stuff, initially it was southern fried chicken to give the cat a treat but he turned his nose up, so I nibbled a bit of the coating. But the really bad thing was the pork and cranberry sauce sausage roll. So good, I did avoid half the filo pastry and binned that but I am well over syns for the day. And there appear to be 4 more sausage rolls in the kitchen dam it.

Good news is no paw/foot broken and he's up and about today pestering me to go out and kill vermin. Ok today will be a good day. Got my food planned and I will pick out the sausage meat in only one of the rolls and that can be my days synning.

Missed out on a days update. Had the internals of the two sausage rolls as syns that day, presume that is no way near the maximum. Yesterday I went into the London office and a few mini eggs were eaten, not many but it reminded me how nice they were. Had a malteaser bunny too and some mayo with my tuna sweetcorn jacket spud for dinner. Might have been sailing close to the syn maximum.
Slight issue today, we are off to the BDO darts at Lakeside! Alcohol and bad food might be in order.

Right well. Best not talk about Friday and Saturday. Pints, sausage and chips at the darts and then fish and chips hungover on Saturday. Oh and ate my way through half a yule log. The scales show a 4lb gain but I am not registering this at all.

Today
Pear, sultana bran and mullerlight for breakfast

Lunch
Supernoodles - syn free one
Small jacket spud, cottage cheese and a light babybel.

Options salted caramel drink yum yum yum!

Dinner
I had some of the lamb casserole left and some rice, two satsumas. Since there wasn't much left I did two smoked mackerel fillets with lots of salad and lemon juice. Yum. Obviously some syns but some good syns.

Even with the darts issues, did two of the three week 3 runs. Not as bad as I thought it would be so bring on week 4 (after tuesdays run!)

Not been good with meal planning but got enough for a lamb casserole in the fridge. I am away for two nights in Liverpool so will be taking my breakfast sultana bran/oats weighed out and some mugshots and fruit.

Holiday is 3 weeks away and now all the sales have finished I am not buying anymore clothes and will make do with what I have.

Last edited:
Back