All my cakes are eggy!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by moomintrolljen, 3 June 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ive tried a couple of recipes now for cakes on Sw - chocolate & mandarin and also a banana bread cake
    The problem is they were both really eggy - I know there is very little or no flour in them but are they always this stodgey?
    Ive seen recipes for scanbran cakes but have heard bad things about scanbran :confused:
    Any one got any tips?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you tried the 1/2 syn roulade?? Thats really yummy & you can flavour it using lots of different things. I sometimes add a skinnycow hot chocolate sachet to the filling to make it a chocolate spread! yummy & still low in syns :)

4. moomintrolljen

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    OOOOOOOOooooh is the recipe on here?

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Jen I'm a firm believer in not having diet cake because it's rubbish!

Cake is stodgy and gooey and lovely and not filled with sweetener and lots of egg and yuk.

I have no tips, sorry, my tip is to have the real deal and syn it accordingly.

I make the little mini cupcakes in Red Velvet and Chocolate Heartache and they work out at about 3 syns each for real yummy non-eggy cake!

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol Im with Jaylou on this one! I have tried several of the cakes too and still cant get past the omelete taste!

7. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep - just do a search & you will find it. Its really quick & easy to make too!

AND - i got a great tip on here recently, with the cake "batter" you can make a batch of pancakes too!

Oh & if you don't add the baking powder then it is syn free & TBH it tastes exactly the same to me without it!

8. moomintrolljen

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Im thinking you may be right Jaylou - its just not the same and i end up disappointed and more likely to eat the wrong thing instead :mad:

9. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I discovered the roulade batter works as pancakes, im not that keen on it as cake but i like it as pancakes.
    I think if cake if one of your 'things' then they will be a dissapointment, cake isnt one of my major loves so i find them a nice replacement and a good standby for something sweet after dinner.

10. moomintrolljen

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Tbh cake isnt really my thing but desserts are and im struggling to replace them happily!

11. debjk

debjk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Cake is my thing probably my biggest downfall. I need cake or I would be likely to have some real stuff and before I started sw I would think nothing of eating a whole pack of donuts or bake a dozen muffins and eat 6 in a day :eek:
    my fave slimming world friendly ones are the orange and almond on britmums site doesnt taste eggy to me at all and scan bran cakes using 2 choc options and flavourings nice with almond essence, orange or coconut essence or even nice with 2 choc banana options and a mashed banana I dont think they are eggy at all. I do find the really low syn cakes without any flour at all eggy so have only really tried them once Ive even binned a full lot before cuz I just didnt think they tasted like cake.

12. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

If it's puds you like Jen, why not try a baked apple? Core it, stuff with a tbsp of raisins or sultanas, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave or bake. Serve with FF greek yoghurt or FF. It's lovely and not many syns (about 4 I think!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.