All my cakes are eggy!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Ive tried a couple of recipes now for cakes on Sw - chocolate & mandarin and also a banana bread cake
The problem is they were both really eggy - I know there is very little or no flour in them but are they always this stodgey?
Ive seen recipes for scanbran cakes but have heard bad things about scanbran :confused:
Any one got any tips?

have you tried the 1/2 syn roulade?? Thats really yummy & you can flavour it using lots of different things. I sometimes add a skinnycow hot chocolate sachet to the filling to make it a chocolate spread! yummy & still low in syns :)

OOOOOOOOooooh is the recipe on here?

Jen I'm a firm believer in not having diet cake because it's rubbish!

Cake is stodgy and gooey and lovely and not filled with sweetener and lots of egg and yuk.

I have no tips, sorry, my tip is to have the real deal and syn it accordingly.

I make the little mini cupcakes in Red Velvet and Chocolate Heartache and they work out at about 3 syns each for real yummy non-eggy cake!

Lol Im with Jaylou on this one! I have tried several of the cakes too and still cant get past the omelete taste!

OOOOOOOOooooh is the recipe on here?

Yep - just do a search & you will find it. Its really quick & easy to make too!

AND - i got a great tip on here recently, with the cake "batter" you can make a batch of pancakes too!

Oh & if you don't add the baking powder then it is syn free & TBH it tastes exactly the same to me without it!

Jen I'm a firm believer in not having diet cake because it's rubbish!

Cake is stodgy and gooey and lovely and not filled with sweetener and lots of egg and yuk.

I have no tips, sorry, my tip is to have the real deal and syn it accordingly.

I make the little mini cupcakes in Red Velvet and Chocolate Heartache and they work out at about 3 syns each for real yummy non-eggy cake!

Im thinking you may be right Jaylou - its just not the same and i end up disappointed and more likely to eat the wrong thing instead :mad:

I discovered the roulade batter works as pancakes, im not that keen on it as cake but i like it as pancakes.
I think if cake if one of your 'things' then they will be a dissapointment, cake isnt one of my major loves so i find them a nice replacement and a good standby for something sweet after dinner.

Tbh cake isnt really my thing but desserts are and im struggling to replace them happily!

Cake is my thing probably my biggest downfall. I need cake or I would be likely to have some real stuff and before I started sw I would think nothing of eating a whole pack of donuts or bake a dozen muffins and eat 6 in a day :eek:
my fave slimming world friendly ones are the orange and almond on britmums site doesnt taste eggy to me at all and scan bran cakes using 2 choc options and flavourings nice with almond essence, orange or coconut essence or even nice with 2 choc banana options and a mashed banana I dont think they are eggy at all. I do find the really low syn cakes without any flour at all eggy so have only really tried them once Ive even binned a full lot before cuz I just didnt think they tasted like cake.

If it's puds you like Jen, why not try a baked apple? Core it, stuff with a tbsp of raisins or sultanas, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave or bake. Serve with FF greek yoghurt or FF. It's lovely and not many syns (about 4 I think!)

Back