Total Solution All or nothing

You can do it, get in the right head space and believe it. I took before pics and when I saw them I was devastated, and like you, I was disappointed in myself. I don't think I have ever felt that disappointed. And then I caught myself in the mirror and shuddered at the sight (I had previously barely looked), but suddenly something switched in my head and I just KNEW that in a months time I would look in that mirror and recognise myself again. And I can honestly say I do. And my rambling point is, you have to make that choice to fight and believe in yourself. Believe you will do this, and get to goal, and it really really will allow you to achieve it. I've lose 1st8lb now in 4 weeks, you can do that, or better even, too!! I hope this isn't coming across gloaty or patronising it's meant to be encouraging xxx

You can do it, get in the right head space and believe it. I took before pics and when I saw them I was devastated, and like you, I was disappointed in myself. I don't think I have ever felt that disappointed. And then I caught myself in the mirror and shuddered at the sight (I had previously barely looked), but suddenly something switched in my head and I just KNEW that in a months time I would look in that mirror and recognise myself again. And I can honestly say I do. And my rambling point is, you have to make that choice to fight and believe in yourself. Believe you will do this, and get to goal, and it really really will allow you to achieve it. I've lose 1st8lb now in 4 weeks, you can do that, or better even, too!! I hope this isn't coming across gloaty or patronising it's meant to be encouraging xxx

Thanks Lara that does help.
i know what you mean, stepping on the scales this morning was embarrassing! I had a moment when I realsed I can give in to the craving but they will keep coming back and I'll end up the weight I was before or bigger and I'll be unhealthy and unhappy and that's not going to help anyone. I have to keep fighting the fight with my weight and food and the scary thought is that I'm going to be fighting that fight for a while yet.
i think there's a difference between have a day or a couple of days off for a special occasion and just giving into cravings for the sake of it.

i reckon I have a good 10 days on plan, then a trip to the zoo on 31st with the kids, sorting my little girls birthday stuff out on 1st and birthday tea party for her on 2nd nov, so that weekend may end up being an off plan weekend but if I can have a perfect 10 days before then I can put a dent in the weight loss hopefully. Then back on it 100% on 3rd nov for Christmas.

Ive had a busy morning do only had my first shake at 1pm!
The plan is to stick to shakes, drink more water and get on here more.

Well done for dusting yourself off poppy, we all have little slip ups along the way, the important thing is we get back in the game, which you have done :) I completely agree that it's the unplanned slip ups I beat myself up about... But today is a new day and you have just 10 little tiny days to get through :) keep going lovely x

Thanks, I do seem to be dusting myself off an awful lot lately!
I was really tempted to buy a new top I seen online last night but I'm going to hold off and maybe purchase it in a week or so if i stay 100% on track, hoping that's something else to keep me motivated.

Keep going honey, the flipping scales can make us feel worse than we should. Every journey needs a break on occasion Just do the best you can every day. If that means a bit of protein here and there then so be it. The key is to keep going. You will get to goal! Good luck x

Thanks Lara that does help. i know what you mean, stepping on the scales this morning was embarrassing! I had a moment when I realsed I can give in to the craving but they will keep coming back and I'll end up the weight I was before or bigger and I'll be unhealthy and unhappy and that's not going to help anyone. I have to keep fighting the fight with my weight and food and the scary thought is that I'm going to be fighting that fight for a while yet. i think there's a difference between have a day or a couple of days off for a special occasion and just giving into cravings for the sake of it. i reckon I have a good 10 days on plan, then a trip to the zoo on 31st with the kids, sorting my little girls birthday stuff out on 1st and birthday tea party for her on 2nd nov, so that weekend may end up being an off plan weekend but if I can have a perfect 10 days before then I can put a dent in the weight loss hopefully. Then back on it 100% on 3rd nov for Christmas. Ive had a busy morning do only had my first shake at 1pm! The plan is to stick to shakes, drink more water and get on here more.

Yes get on here more, and that ten days on, followed by planned weekend off sounds like an ideal way to kick start, and remain in control. Try and see it as less of a battle and more of a series of choices. Have you ever tried reading any books about over eating or around the topic? "Eating less" by Gillian Riley helped me before. I am going to reread it myself. It very much emphasises that element of choice. And why the scales aren't what we should focus on. It's also a good thing to do when avoiding the kitchen!!! Just an idea. We are with you on this. Believe it and it will happen x

Ugh just had my third shake and practically had to force it down, I'm not a fan of three shakes in a day. I think I'll do another day or two of shakes but I don't think I'll manage anymore than that, I've realised that I do enjoy the food packs and the feeling of eating something.
I realised two things over the last few days, one, my downfall is bread - I could eat it all day long. And two, some foods just don't taste the same after being on this, like chocolate, which was another favourite but now tastes so sweet :eek:

Yes get on here more, and that ten days on, followed by planned weekend off sounds like an ideal way to kick start, and remain in control. Try and see it as less of a battle and more of a series of choices. Have you ever tried reading any books about over eating or around the topic? "Eating less" by Gillian Riley helped me before. I am going to reread it myself. It very much emphasises that element of choice. And why the scales aren't what we should focus on. It's also a good thing to do when avoiding the kitchen!!! Just an idea. We are with you on this. Believe it and it will happen x

Ive downloaded a few books similar in the past but not read them. I'll have a look at that one though, thanks. Eventually I'd like the scales not to be the 'be all and end all'. Especially with my kids, I'm trying to lose weight and make changes while they are still too young to really remember. I want them to grow up with healthy body images and attitudes towards food and I don't think a set of scales staring at them when they walk in the bathroom will do that. But for now until I lose more and feel more comfortable the scales and those numbers mean a lot.

I think sometimes when I've had a bad couple of days the temptation is to hide away from here but it's good to stay online and nice to know the support is there.

I agree regarding teaching kids that weight isn't the be all and end all. I learnt a lot of my dieting behaviours from my mum, who was anorexic as a teenager and is now slim but I was very aware of her never wanting to gain weight. I would never upset her by telling her, but if certainly affected me. It is a great time to tackle this while they are young. One of my fears is that I will always yoyo, and I would hate my kids (if I ever have any) to see that. But good incentive for you to be a healthier happier person :)
No disappearing xx

And yes I never do 3 shakes a day... And thickening the packs helps make if feel more meal like too....

Ooh just remembered, I bought a Boden size 16 top a while back but it was quite clingy when I tried it on and I remember think I can't wear that it's too tight me for some reason I had it in my head that I was this size when I tried it on and it didn't fit. Well I tried it on yesterday and I wasn't tight around the tummy area which I was pleased about, I love a non scales related goal.

Congrats on fitting your blouse. Maybe make a list of clothes you want to get into then tick them off as they fit? And have a reward for every half stone such as makeup or a facial. One lady said every time she was tempted by something food she put the equivalent money she would have spent on it into a jar. It paid for her treats at the end of the month. Good luck.

One lady said every time she was tempted by something food she put the equivalent money she would have spent on it into a jar. It paid for her treats at the end of the month. Good luck.

Such a great idea. I might try and do this for life... Think how good an incentive to maintain that would be :)

Congrats on fitting your blouse. Maybe make a list of clothes you want to get into then tick them off as they fit? And have a reward for every half stone such as makeup or a facial. One lady said every time she was tempted by something food she put the equivalent money she would have spent on it into a jar. It paid for her treats at the end of the month. Good luck.

Thats a great idea, I'll have to try it. Currently I have little glass pebbles I put in a jar for every pound I lose.

So when I weighed in yesterday I was 14st 12lb and was so shocked. After a day of milkshakes and lots of water I weighed in again this morning and was a more respectable 14st 9lb, which is better, just need to shift those extra 2lbs now! But I guess a lot of it must have been bloating and water retention, it will make drinking the shakes again today a bit easier!
Although I now have plans on Sunday, a baby shower, I'd been ignoring it for some reason but didn't want to offend so I've replied back and going for a couple of hours on Sunday. We've all been asks to bring cakes so I'm guessing theres going to be a lot of cakes but in all honesty I think I can handle it, I don't think I'll be tempted, especially as I want a great weigh in on Monday!

Ok so I couldn't do another full day of milkshakes, had one this morning and the thought of having another for lunch just wasn't nice, so I had an egg pack instead and treated myself to a can of coke zero!

Although my weekends getting busier, might be going to the Trafford centre on Saturday now to pick up a baby shower gift and my little boy seems to love the place! But I will take a bar with me and buy some coke zero and stay on track, I'm really looking forward to a good weigh in on Monday. I also have a Monsoon voucher so may treat myself too :)

Why are you trying to do all shakes if you prefer meal packs? A tad confused x

Have you tried the shakes warm ? Vanilla is nice mixed with chai tea. My least fav is chocolate so I mix it with peppermint tea for a minty hot choc. I've just been to a baby shower and found is pretty easy not to cheat. There was so much going on. Hope it goes well for you. Good luck for Monday. X

Haha I really don't know. I have it in my head that I may get a better loss from just having shakes, think I'm just being silly :)

Hehe, oh! I've never found any difference, and calories are the same... Only difference might be that you have more water when you make up a shake? Depending on how much you use. Do whichever method is most sustainable. X

Gggrr! I'm annoyed at my husband and his work for arranging work that needs to be done the day before my little girls first birthday, on a Saturday as well! We had a very busy weekend planned with stuff on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I know I'm probably being irrational and over the top but all I ask is one weekend!
So im retreating to the bath with my last pack of the day, a double chocolate bar and he's sorting the kids out.

Back