Alli slimming pills???

I saw these in boots the other day, do you have to have a consultation or something before you buy them?

Starlight, noticed your ticker, you have done outstandingly well :D well done, you must be so proud of yourself :)

Your BMI has to be over a certain level though Im amazed at Tesco selling them, wonder how thatll work

Thanks Maria :) Its ground to a halt these past few months with things going on in my life but Im hoping to make a dent in the remaining amount very soon :)

I think its great you are off the pills... well done!!!

Phil x

Thanks Phil :) I know myself that I did the hard work, and I'm still doing the hard work, but Xenical helped give me my life back. They allowed me to stand back and assess the whys of my bingeing, the yo yo dieting and the sabotaging, and they also gave me a consequence if I cheated :eek: They forced me to take control and responsibility for my own diet. there is no way in hell I'll go back to my old ways, I've worked too hard to get to where I am. I'm giving this up for no one.....that and the fact I gave away all my old clothes;)
x

I HATE that part of their advertising campaign. Theres going to be a lot of Very unhappy people in a few weeks time when they realise they havent lost anything extra
I hate that too. In fact I hate the fact that you can get them over the counter. I know you need to see the pharmacist, but something like this should only ever be prescribed and monitored by a GP.
x

Theres going to be a lot of Very unhappy people in a few weeks time when they realise they havent lost anything extra

That's so not true; they'll have lost at least 20 pounds CASH!!!!!

So how come I know it's not healthy, have been losing weight steadily (hit a bit of a bump recently but ploughing through - thanks to Minimins support) and yet still think: "Hmmm, wonder what BMI I need to get them"!!!!!!!

I hate that too. In fact I hate the fact that you can get them over the counter. I know you need to see the pharmacist, but something like this should only ever be prescribed and monitored by a GP.
x

I have to agree but Alli contains half the quantity of the active ingredient than Xenical - that's how it can be sold over the counter. Less drug = less severe side effects.

This is more of a psychological drug than a biological one, but unfortunately a lot of people who haven't got their head in the right place will still think it will work. Oh well... Good luck to anyone who's trying it, but if your weight is that bad, your doctor should be able to provide you with some more substantial help (in lots of different forms) and a lot cheaper too. Just my thoughts of course!

I bought some Alli a couple of weeks ago and only managed to take them for a couple of days. They didnt make me go to the toilet more, in fact they constipated me and made my stomach make the weirdest noises! I started SW last week and actually have not thought about re-starting the Alli. Maybe if I have a weight loss stall I will consider it. The problem is you have to eat below a certain percentage of fat while taking Alli, and although on SW my fat intake has lowered, I cant be sure its low enough to be taking the tablets. The side effects if you eat too much fat while on them are supposed to be very unpleasant!

How do Adios pills work then? Do they just surpress hunger?

No, Adios is a herbal supplement which contains a very small amount of one particular extract which does have some science behind it. This extract has been shown to increase the metabolism of patients with thyroid disorders (resulting in slow metabolisms) and it is suggested that taking Adios may speed up the metabolism of healthy people and therefore speed up weight loss.

Since it may only speed up what your body does naturally, you still have to eat a low calorie, low fat diet. Whether you think it works is another matter...

Paperclip you are so knowlegable

Back