*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

I can confirm that the garlic powder works nicely, a much milder even flavour. I mixed some into cold pasta and tuna with a little fat free dressing to add a little "wet" to make it easier to mix through. Makes a nice syn free filling lunch with a little salad. :)

Going to try sieving a muller light Vanilla yoghurt as I read somewhere that flavoured smooth yoghurts make a great alternative to whipped cream!

That sounds good!!

:) Don't bother with the Muller light yoghurt, it's too thin and goes straight through, comes out the other side exactly the same! :D

May have a go with a Muller greek style yoghurt though

:) Don't bother with the Muller light yoghurt, it's too thin and goes straight through, comes out the other side exactly the same! :D

Would think it needs to be a very fine weave material for it to sit in. got any old tights? washed mind, i know its cheese but......:rotflmao:

Think muller light uses poetic licence when it calls itself a yogurt! It's thickened with gelatine and doubt there's any curds and whey in it to be separated! X

I tried this with soya yoghurt this weekend but def used too much herbs. It stayed a soft texture but was too bitter. Not sure if it was bitter because of too many dried herbs or that maybe the soya doesn't work the same.
I'll give it a bash next weekend with dairy and see how it goes.

Low fat natural yoghurt with chilli and chives sat in the sieve as we speak. Shall be ready at some point tomorrow, I shall give it a good squeeze as I would like it to go crumbly if possible. Shall let you know of the results.

So... I understand it doesn't work with a muller but what if you used fat free yoghurt and put vanilla essence & sweetener or an options.. Do you think it could be a good cheesecake topping consistency wise. May try it tonight? X

So... I understand it doesn't work with a muller but what if you used fat free yoghurt and put vanilla essence & sweetener or an options.. Do you think it could be a good cheesecake topping consistency wise. May try it tonight? X

Please let me know how this goes, i love making cheesecakes but haven't done so for 7 months now. Used to love the mint aero, crunchie, or toblerone ones i would make. mmmmm.

Funnily enough I was thinking the same while I was pottering about the kitchen today! Love to hear how it goes, I am away for the weekend so won't have time to experiment until next week..... Was just thinking about adding sweetener, but vanilla essence sounds even nicer... or coffee, or chocolate essence.... yum! Lots of possibilities :D

A dash of espresso would work well would it not? What would you use for a base, cannot think that Ryvita would be very nice, but its only something i seen and not actually tried.

I just made a second batch with garlic flakes and black pepper. I left out the lemon this time. Last night I roasted two halves (so a whole-duh!!) butternut squash with fresh black pepper until soft and black on top and dolloped a generous spoonful into the seed hole end. Oh my goodness.....sooooo yummy!!! Mmmmm

I was half good, half naughty last night. Jacket spud, with the chilli and chive "cheese" spread, but threw on some fried bacon and mushrooms. On a positive note, i didn't use any cooking oil, just a dry pan, and the bacon was awesome. Local Butchers bits of bacon, mmmmmm.

Back