*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

Got the sweet version waiting for me at home. Going to have it topped with syn free lemon curd and crush a digestive on top!

Wasn't too nice on its own, just didn't taste creamy enough, but maybe with espresso it would be good. BUT with the lemon curd it was SOOOOO good. New favourite desert... Crumbled an alpen in the end for the base to use my healthy extra bs

This is brilliant. Made it last night with garlic, herbs, salt & pepper. Smells amazing this morning. Can't wait for my lunch now!

Just a heads up if anyone's interested. Lakeland plastics online or shops are selling a make your own soft cheese kit ;) it's a mesh sieve that sits in a lidded box. I bought one today :) £14.99.

Attachments

• image-2392423313.jpg
    image-2392423313.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-860935716.jpg
    image-860935716.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 61
Just a heads up if anyone's interested. Lakeland plastics online or shops are selling a make your own soft cheese kit ;) it's a mesh sieve that sits in a lidded box. I bought one today :) £14.99.

I want one too !!!!x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I want one too !!!!x

Come on ladies, why make weight loss expensive? A bowl, a sieve, some muslin (or an old pair of tights) and a tin of beans. There, all stuff in the house and the £15 can go towards a good months worth of syns. :D

Come on ladies, why make weight loss expensive? A bowl, a sieve, some muslin (or an old pair of tights) and a tin of beans. There, all stuff in the house and the £15 can go towards a good months worth of syns. :D

I know I use the old fashioned stuff but I hate fridge efficiency being out with sieves balancing and washing clothes lol. Now I can put my square box in the fridge happily. And my lovely Mummy bought it so I can still spend on me syns lol. I bought the flipping silicone roulade tray but I've read the reviews afterwards and they're all bad :( ill attempt it this weekend.

I know I use the old fashioned stuff but I hate fridge efficiency being out with sieves balancing and washing clothes lol. Now I can put my square box in the fridge happily. And my lovely Mummy bought it so I can still spend on me syns lol. I bought the flipping silicone roulade tray but I've read the reviews afterwards and they're all bad :( ill attempt it this weekend.

I know that kay paid silly money for some bowls for portion control that had Rosemary Connelly printed on them. Unbranded glass ones i would imagine are a pound a go in some shops. lol. (i let my cheese sit in the bath, long story of the bathroom being over the communal unheated hallway downstairs, bathroom radiator off and its like a huge fridge, haha)

This is true lol !!!!:)

Its not only a womans trait, i have an open plan kitchen lounge, and slowly the lounge is being taken over by the kitchen. i am presently sourcing worktop and cabinets to make it bigger. lol. Perhaps i am a closet housewife really, who knows. :eek:

Its not only a womans trait, i have an open plan kitchen lounge, and slowly the lounge is being taken over by the kitchen. i am presently sourcing worktop and cabinets to make it bigger. lol. Perhaps i am a closet housewife really, who knows. :eek:

Lol. My Mr only knows how to use the kettle ;)

Lol. My Mr only knows how to use the kettle ;)

Yesterday i cooked an apple crumble and a cottage pie, the day before i made and baked a loaf. i cook mainly traditional meals but today i am going to attempt one of Kays curries (link available if you have not already found it). my signature dish is lasagne, although when having visitors i will go all out with a full blown roast. i love to make cheesecakes, the toblerone one being a favourite, although clearly not now, not until i reach target. i will have a go at cooking pretty much anything. Pork for dinner tomorrow just so i can have some apple sauce i knocked up from the apples yesterday. i love chicken skewers that are seasoned with either cajun or Chinese five spice. One thing is for sure with me, a woman, if i could find one silly enough to own me, would never go hungry. ;)

Yesterday i cooked an apple crumble and a cottage pie, the day before i made and baked a loaf. i cook mainly traditional meals but today i am going to attempt one of Kays curries (link available if you have not already found it). my signature dish is lasagne, although when having visitors i will go all out with a full blown roast. i love to make cheesecakes, the toblerone one being a favourite, although clearly not now, not until i reach target. i will have a go at cooking pretty much anything. Pork for dinner tomorrow just so i can have some apple sauce i knocked up from the apples yesterday. i love chicken skewers that are seasoned with either cajun or Chinese five spice. One thing is for sure with me, a woman, if i could find one silly enough to own me, would never go hungry. ;)

Bless you, someone's going to be a lucky lady. I'm 47 and never ever been cooked for! But I can't moan he can fix/ build/mend/decorate anything lol. I'm going to be an old people's home nightmare one day, as I've had far too much control over cooking to give it up to anyone else lol ;)

Bless you, someone's going to be a lucky lady. I'm 47 and never ever been cooked for! But I can't moan he can fix/ build/mend/decorate anything lol. I'm going to be an old people's home nightmare one day, as I've had far too much control over cooking to give it up to anyone else lol ;)

Well, the fact that i am a time served plumber as well, so very practically minded, lol.

Cannot believe nobody has cooked for you. I had a friend over the other day, no romance, just the offer of some home made apple crumble, and in the 2 hours notice that it was i had a 3 course lunch ready for her when she got here. And proper coffee, none of that instant rubbish when i have guests, lol.

Top that off with having a quick shower, washing some dishes, putting the rubbish out, a quick mop and hoover, as well as a small tidy (im a little ocd so there wasnt a lot to tidy) and i think i did well. haha.

The problem is, women my age or older like to be the housewife and like you say, wont give it up, and the younger women want a rugby player type bloke and to eat out all the time. i embrace being single forever with open arms. lol.

Well, the fact that i am a time served plumber as well, so very practically minded, lol.

Cannot believe nobody has cooked for you. I had a friend over the other day, no romance, just the offer of some home made apple crumble, and in the 2 hours notice that it was i had a 3 course lunch ready for her when she got here. And proper coffee, none of that instant rubbish when i have guests, lol.

Top that off with having a quick shower, washing some dishes, putting the rubbish out, a quick mop and hoover, as well as a small tidy (im a little ocd so there wasnt a lot to tidy) and i think i did well. haha.

The problem is, women my age or older like to be the housewife and like you say, wont give it up, and the younger women want a rugby player type bloke and to eat out all the time. i embrace being single forever with open arms. lol.

Bless, I'm sure some lucky lady is waiting out there to be treated like a Princess :)

Bless, I'm sure some lucky lady is waiting out there to be treated like a Princess :)

I'm not holding my breath, but i do try to have a positive outlook on life since the stroke so i suppose i could at least say its saving me a fortune by not having a woman to look after. :8855:

Hi Cheese lovers, has anyone made a mango or pineapple one, if so was it with fresh or dried fruit.

Back