Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Thanks Susie! I'm dead chuffed! :)

Jim I was thinking of glucosamine - but I might also add fish/cod oil too! Anything to help... :)

Glucosamone sounds good Di, Moring :)

Morning Di:D. Well done on the 2 lb;)

Thanks so much Katie... It's not showing at the moment cos I have so much to lose, but I fell so much better and the absence of cravings is just amazing!:)

Haven't been at home much so haven't had much time to write although I've been keeping up with the forum on my ipod. My ex mother in law has been told she will have to have her leg amputated or deal with a cancerous leg - the cancer isn't life threatening - it will just be painful ... she's 82 and just couldn't face having no independence... anyway I've been spending time with her ... we had a chines last night and I was SO good... I just had a couple of salt and chilli spare ribs and some slices of lamb! All that chinese food was on the table and I resisted it!! Unbelievable for me! lol

As I wasn't at home yesterday morning I popped into Marks and bought their sliced chicken, some cheese and a bottle of water - which i had during the day until we had the chinese. I was really worried that the spices on the chinese meat would knock me out of ketosis so i checked this morning and everything is a lovely shade of mauve/purple/deep pink - I never know what the shade is actually called! lol

I have another session of acupuncture tomorrow which I'm quite looking forward to as it made my joints feel so much better - but I don't think it lasted more than about 4 days so maybe each time i go it will last longer... who knows.

:bliss:

Oh gosh Di you have done so well to stick to plan, there is a lot going on for you - and sorry to hear about your ex MIL, awful thing to happen so late in life :(

Good luck with the acupuncture!

Thanks Susie... I'm just in awe of my own determination and motivation - it definitely isn't me - but long may it continue!!! lol

Hope you're having a lovely weekend - :)

Mornin g Di, sorry to hear about your ex MIL's problems love, and well done on the will power.

Thank you so much Jim!! I just don't know where my determination is coming from other than every day I'm reminded that walking is a struggle and I'm just sick of the pain... lets hope I can crack the pain and still keep motivated! Hope you're keeping well? :)

((hugs)) Di. Keep up the motivation - this will work and you will feel great. I can barely even lift a suitcase weighing the 19 kgs ive lost so far - how the h**l did i ever walk around with it?! Keep going :)

Thanks Katie! :). It's so true! How did we manage to carry around what we've lost!

Had another acupuncture session today. I do feel easier - a little... He's also given me some Chinese tea that is meant to help with inflammation of the joints and helps with weight loss... Well... I can but try! :)

Food today has been:
B - egg and 2 bacon - plus coffee with cream
L - poached salmon from Tescos mixed with a little Mayo, lemon juice - squeeze, parsley fresh as it's a super-food, spinach raw - 1 cup
D - the remainder of what I had for lunch - plus coffee with cream
S - about an ounce of soft cheese - a bit like Camembert but not! Lol
W - about 1.5ltr
Also will have a mug of this Chinese tea a little later...

Morning Di,

what tea is that? i used to drink Iron Bhudda in Singapore and Hong Kong :)

Hello Jim... just back from work!

The tea has got the following ingredients: Its called Swan Slimming Tea - there's a chinese name but this is also on the box.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HeYe 40%
FanXie Ye 10%
CheQianCao 30%
JiaGuo 20%

You do realise that everyone has been looking for you! You've created quite a stir in your absence! ;)
[/FONT]

Thanks for saying that Susie... I've always been a fan of Woolf and just got completely blown away by her writing when I did an English course yonks ago... made me realise that I could never be the writer that I'd want to be... so I became an office wallah instead! lol

Sorry I've not been posting much, but I'm absolutely shattered at the moment - everything feels like such an enormous effort... will likely sod off to bed soon - after my uber special chinese tea! lol :)

Hope you're still enjoying your job... ? :character00238:

Sorry to hear you're so tired, Atkins flu do you think? I loved Mrs Dalloway, but haven't read it in years.

Thx for your query, am loving the new job, it's all going very well, and long may it stay that way :)

Sxx

Think it's battling with the pesky pain pixie! and trying to stay off diclofenac and just have paracetamols... will try and get to see physio to see if she has any helpful words... of course, it doesn't help that I'm also a whinging old git! lol ... really pleased you're enjoying the job - nothing worse than being in a place that is loathsome! x

Hi Di. I really feel for you on the pain- especially if you cant take your usual painkiller. Hope you can find a real balance between relief and weight loss!
Xx

Back