Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

I just don't know where the week has gone!! I've been trying to keep up with some of the posts on my iPod when I can but haven't been able to post anything!

It's been a busy week in terms of doing lots of stuff for 'me'! That seems to have been a full time job! lol

My first visit to Physio this week was really helpful - she was concerned about the inflammation of my very annoying knees and legs - had a great massage and she doesn't want me to do any excessive walking until the swellings have gone down but she did say walking in a swimming pool would be good. So, I've been looking at which one will suit my severe mental disorder I have about myself :eek: - will go once I've got cossie from Evans.

The ultra sound I had this week detected a gall stone so am seeing GP about next steps.

Acupuncture also included cupping this week which hurt - but I think helped a bit - the next day I was practically pain free - and then it wore off - but it did show that it did work for a while.

I've been very good on the diet - except for a blip on Thursday when I had half a bottle of wine and a chicken and veg on boiled rice ... I felt so horrible the next day that I don't think I'll be doing that in a hurry.

However, the big bummer is that overall I went up by 3lbs and am now back to what I was 2 or maybe 3 weeks ago.

I tried the fat fast that's in the Atkins book but I chose a bad day - a really bad day - so the small meals that I should have taken the whole day to eat didn't last the whole day - I think I demolished them within about 2 hrs.

So, have changed my plan a little... i've bought some Atkins shakes from Amazon - they have a special deal on and it's miles cheaper!! .... once they arrive I'll have the latte/coffee one in the morning during the week at work, and then maybe the vanilla one for lunch on the days I'm not meeting up with colleagues and then perhaps will have protein (chicken or salmon) with a couple of cups of salad leaves for dinner.

I hope that suits me for a while and will just see if it moves the scales again! It's so disheartening!

But, I think I'm about 2ins less around the hips (hard to tell cos the hips have been in hiding for so many years that I've never really tried to look for them for a while!) So, I think that's good news.

Sorry about the ramble - hope you've all been good?

Di xx

Hi Di, sounds like ther is a lot going on for you! Good luck with the shake/meal mix
Xx

Thanks so much for your post Katie!

Have lost 3lbs so I'm well happy today!

I hope you are doing well? :)

Thanks SO much Susie... I'm trying so hard but I've dieted so much in the past that my metabolism is just rubbish! lol

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of Orbit - or whatever you end up calling him/her.

Food today:

one egg and 2 slices of bacon
coffee with cream

one slice of poached salmon from Tescos (approx 90g) with iceberg lettuce, one spring onion and a bit of mayo and lemon juice

am now preparing a roast chicken breast with a bit of broccoli wrapped in pancetta.

Its starting to smell lovely and I'm getting hungry! :)

Di xx

Hi Di, good to hear you are losing. Keep it up:D

Thanks Katie ... Haven't been on much as week has been a tad busy... Have to catch up on threads ... :)

Weighed in this morning and relieved to see I've moved into the teens - just!! Yippee! Not been in the teens for about 10 years!! What a relief...

I've now recalculated the length of time it's going to take to lose what I need to! Realistic ... But so slow!

I'm off to a swimming pool at lunch time ... Haven't done that in decades! Lol... A bit scared ... But needs to be done. :)

Thanks so much Susie! With so much to lose I've not got any choice but to be slow! Ha ha

Will have to ask the Patience Fairy to sprinkle some of her dust my way!

:)

Well done on getting into the teens and good luck with the swimming - great all round exercise xx

Hi Di, just managed to catch up here :)

Thanks Quak! It feels like a boot camp ha ha :)

And welcome back Jim!! :)

Well done Di that's great:D. Agree slow and steady is the answer!

Thanks Katie! And coming onto this place is so helpful too! Not sure I'd be as focused and patient otherwise! :)

Morning Di

Back