Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

My New Day Resolution... I'm not doing any more COMPLAINING, WHINGING or WHINING... enough already!! I am where I am and I'm doing as much positive stuff as I can to make life easier! Katie, thank you so much for your post. :)

Morning Di, I always wondered why diclofenac caused stalls you know

Hi Jim... Maybe it doesn't - I've stalled again and haven't had any for over a week! Lol am going on that atkins fat fast to get me started again! Hope you've had a good day? :)

Hello Susie! So pleased you're feeling good! Long may it continue! :)

Thanks honey - have decided that after years of living in chaos (and causing it some of the time :)) I rather like stability - must be part of the ageing process!

Hope you're looking forward to this fit fast thing you mentioned?

Well, after reading the section in the book (you recommended) about brown and white fat cells and how now that I've abused my body over the years by shoving food down my neck, I realise that it's gonna be tough so I'm prepared to go for the burn... although, might not do the fat fast tomorrow as its a bit of a stressful day - might save that for the weekend! lol just need to unblock the 'stall'! grrrr...

You can do it hun, it's just a case of experimenting and finding what works for you xxx

And let me know when you find it so I can try it too :)

Morning Di, if your'e going to try the fat fast, make sure you have a decent laxative handy love

Oh well... I lost my seat on the wagon last night! A friend came over and I had half a bottle of wine and chicken with mixed veg on boiled rice! I feel completely grot today!! - but no change to weight - which is a result!

I'm straight back on the wagon though and just had a really late breakfast of egg with 2 bacon - I thought that would help me perk up but am still feeling yuck! Lol - all self inflicted!

Thanks Jim - laxatives are definitely on my shopping list at the moment, LOL. As is Fybogel ... But can't start fat fast today until the wickedness of last night is flushed through! Lol

I'm becoming a diet nerd and realised I must have sounded like Billy Graham last night preaching about Atkins and that brilliant Groves book! They always say converts are worst!

Am planning on having 2 chicken thighs later wrapped in bacon and a little Parmesan with garlic and a few herbs... Might do some shredded cabbage sautéed in butter to go with that.

Strange that the scales didn't go up though... Perhaps the body needs a bit of a change every now and again?

And I think tape measure is showing a little change too... So all relatively good news!

Susie... You have me thinking about getting a cat... I might start with a rescue foster cat first to see if I'm capable of looking after one in my place... Havent had one in years and I might have forgotten how to do it! All the lovely kitty pics on here though have got me thinking... :)

Ooh - if you think you possibly have space and time then of course you do! (altho you might want to take this cat lovers view with a suitable pinch of salt lol)

My boys are still my babies - even though when explaining to DD we worked out they were about mid 50s (they're about 8 but because they were both rescued and hand reared by humans they really do think of me and dh as mummy:) )

Now you can't going saying that to me Katie cos I'll just phone the foster cat place up this afternoon!! lol

My son's coming back to stay for a few months from next week so I'll probably wait until he's settled in first... lol

Also last time I was on the cat trail he was really against it as it would need to be an indoors cat cos of where i live and he thinks that's cruel. But when I spoke to the foster cat place they said that all their cats would be indoor variety. lol

Well...i can help persuade you!

We've always had cats but i thought they had to be left free to roam. Had the usual heartache of loss and roads:(

Then when we were in gibraltar and rescued my two boys we had to keep them in - no pavements and seagulls attack and kill small cats!! When i saw what they actually did all day (sleep 27 hours and run around for about 30 mins lol) i realised that all the time my previous ones were "roaming" they were just asleep elsewhere!

When we take these indoor cats to the vet now he is always very complimemtary saying how healthy they stay (no fleas, flu, parasites etc). Having said all that - dh is literally building a cat run as we speak. They will have a reasonable outdoor space to watch the garden (and sleep!). Wish we had built it before - will post photos once it's up and running ;)

Basically if you can love a cat and happy to be their slave - then you have space for them:D
Xx

I'm so easily persuaded Katie! Lol... I'm definitely closer to a decision! Quite fancy being at the beck and call of purring furr ball :)

Awwww you HAVE to get a cat!! (sorry have been reading your diary and had to say!)

I have two kittens- 1st one I got at 8wks and second I rehomed at 6 wks (she was TINY) all in the space of one week. The first one, Ninja (recognise the name ay?) was a right sweetheart when I first got her, so I called her Rosie! Couple of days later...the devil let rip in my house!!! So I renamed her! And got her a playmate. They are MANIACS...seriously. But I ADORE them. Even if they wake me up all night purring and biting me and following me everywhere!! Even when I'm in the bath!! They jumped in the shower with me the other day!! they are a few mths now and still crazy.

Omg they are amazing, I was never a cat person before I had them, but they bring so much to my life!

And they are indoor cats at aswell. I couldnt bear it if they got run over or et by a dog. I say go for it!!

And good luck with your weightloss!! FX your mini binge wont have too much affect! Could have been worse! You didnt eat like 20 doughnuts and a dozen chocolate cakes!!

Mwuahaha - our plan to enslave humanity is well underway!

Supreme intergalactic kitten leader

:D
Xxxx

Thanks so much Ninja lol... more than happy for you to read my ramblings... do you have pics of your little kitties?:)

Katie! What can I say!! Oh self-appointed Mistress of the Feline Kingdom lol :) x

Well my avatar is my 'Little One' - thats her nickname, because she is the smaller one. lol.

I dont know how you add photos and stuff?

Ooooh yes Di you must get a kitten or cat, having Shirley around has been brilliant! I've written on another thread about her - neighbours have finally taken her to the vet, but i have a feeling they might stop her coming in to my place - so may well get a kitten and if she does come back in, she'll have company :)

And Katie is spot on - indoor cats are perfectly happy, in a perfect cat world composed of sleeping, eating, being tickled under the chin, stretching and yawning (repeat this cycle endlessly) :)

Thank you all kitty-lovers! You've cheered me up - head space wasnt great today but am now thinking of cats! Lol :)

Back