Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Scrummie... Jo... Brilliant advice! Thank you...

I should have tackled this a few months ago when I knew things had changed in my weight loss but just kept hoping it would start moving again... Don't get me wrong - there are occasional drops but I've been 14 something now since 3rd week of April... So thats 3 months in the 14s... So getting out of the 14s would be really good!

Feels really scary and counter intuitive to introduce more foods... But let's hope i just keep to the ones that are safer than others ... Thank you! Xxx

It's all a learning curve Di, and your staying in the 14's not going above it so a great achievement!!!

Completely off plan you'd of gained a healthy lump in the same time..!!!

Remember, this is a life long way of eating and not a quick fix as you well know! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening Di, All great advice above

I broke a stall with digestive enzymes. At least I think that's what did it. Must get some more I'm out. x

Cals - 1411
Carbs - 30

First time I've worn light brown tights this century! Lol and a flowing skirt...

Just back from classical concert and I felt very feminine !

image-1271146034.jpg

Last edited:
Up another 0.5 this morning... Must be the alcohol last night... 2 small glasses of white wine and one vodka and soda

B - egg, bacon, broccoli, in coconut oil coffee and soya milk

Am helping DS and his OH move the final things of theirs from the attic then having lunch at their new place ... Am really too busy today but I need their stuff to go before the Toronto Two descend on me next weekend! I feel like a blinking land lady!! Lol

Sorry to post the pic, but flesh coloured tights and floaty skirt are seminal moments! Hopefully they help to keep my focus ! Lol

Hope you're resting today Susie Sue xxx

Oh how brill that you'll be seeing your Canadian friends so soon after you saw them :)

Good luck with the DS moving - is his new place nice?

And don't ever apologise for posting pics - you look really fab - and it's a real inspiration to the rest of us! :)

Not seen the place other than on estate agent sales pics ... They like the area - Stoke Newington, but not too keen on the flat xx

One of them is staying in my attic for the next year as he couldn't get work in Canada - they prefer to give jobs to Canadians so he's back with his former company - the other is staying there to get residency

Wow, what a fab pic Di!! You look absolutely lovely....!

Cals- 1954
Carbs - 25 (I'm sure there's more)

Well... Im being wayward today!

Had keeeebab with salad for lunch and have just made dindins... Prawns smoked salmon avocado greenery cucumber celery with dressing of mayo red wine vinegar and lime juice...

Ate some onion at lunch which I know was in some sweet soya but DS was not in a great mood and I was feeling stressed and angry so I thought what the hell - can't do worse than what I'm doing at the moment..

And have a small pot of sf jelly for pud with cream... Hate myself for it but im in what the hell mode!!!

Hope I come out of it soon! Xx

DD has now got a pup to take with her to the house she's moving to soon! It was yelping and barking from 5.30 this morning with corresponding "stop it's, enough, keep quiet" from her OH...

I need to move out! It's all too much!! Lol

image-656211925.jpg

My dinner! Lol

Update... Now so full I can't move! It's official... I'm an idiot! Lol

Last edited:
No you aren't Di, you are human!!!! I am so far off plan, the scales keep going up instead of down but just can't get my head back into it - your focus is so good, wish you could bottle it and send me some xxx

Hugs Bren! If you could send me the volume control I'll send you anything else !! Xx

Planning a Yorkshire trip in September! Staying at the farm for a day or two... Would love to see you! Xx

Di, you look gorgeous in that photo! I still haven't worn a skirt in public since I started this diet last year, so you're way ahead of me (mind you, with the "summer" we've had, I haven't even thought about skirts!)

If you've overdone it a bit today, maybe it would be a good time to start a diet break? Raise those carbs to somewhere near a hundred, and you'll be there. And whatever you do, do NOT allow any thoughts of guilt to creep in. You're not "blowing it"; you're giving yourself permission to have a couple of weeks off plan to reset your metabolism, and that's completely fine. It's just another phase of the diet, in fact.

Oh, and I really wouldn't weigh yourself during the break (if you decide to do it) because from your past history I suspect your fluctuations might be quite considerable, and you don't want to freak out and abandon the break early because then it won't achieve what you want it to. As you'll be increasing your carbs, any gain will almost certainly be water weight, and that will drop right off as soon as you go back to Induction.

Hope the pup lets you sleep tonight - barking dogs drive me bonkers :eek: xx

You're really kind! And I'm going to do the 2 week break...

If I up carbs to 100 do I decrease fat?

I'm really nervous as I don't want to go crazy!!

Will keep cals to 1300 if poss and have things like strawberries and maybe crisp bread and wider range of veg ... Carrots, onions, squash maybe...

Would be happy nibbling on a carrot for a change! Lol

Fancy a small portion of lentils too...

Oh goodness!!! I'm salivating at the possibilities!! Lol

Honey Scrummie is absolutely right, you are choosing to increase your carbs, so don't worry and don't weigh - just try it, and I'm sure it will kick start things for you again :)

Do it Di!!!!! And for goodness sake your 'What the hell' was completely on plan, not exactly chocolate, cakes, crisps etc!!!! So STOP beating yourself up :)

Hear endeth the lecture....!!!

xx

Back