Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Thanks Bren! x :)

Am off to Loughborough for the weekend to a really good friend's baby's christening... Going by train...

I think I'll be fine food wise but will think about sticking some emergency foods in my bag just in case... Have got some pork salami-type meat, Italian hard cheese, tin of mackerel in oil and a bag of pork scratchings... I'm starting to learn that if I don't do this I get a bit weak with hunger and then I don't function particularly well! Ha ha not that ive ever been a good functioner! Lol

It can take a while for the penny to drop! :)

Hope your having a good weekend. x

Sounds like great planning Di - hope you are having a fab time:D
Xx

Morning Di, did the christening go well?

Bless you all! Thanks for the messages ... First time on wi fi since Saturday morning! The hotel claimed to have it everywhere but the reality was only in reception area!! I'm on the Loughborough Uni campus! Huge sprawling place but nice enough. I head back to London at mid-day-ish!! Completely exhausting weekend - I could actually do with a day or 2 to get over it!! Lol

I've got hydro this afternoon as soon as I get off the train at St Pancras!

Foodwise have been boringly good! Lol or at least as good as can be when menus are planned by others ... Just had a quarter of a glass of dry White wine and no other alcohol... Last night's Indian was a bit of a challenge as there was nothing on the menu that was cooked dry - so I chose a lamb curry-type dish and just tried to eat the meat which was v difficult as the sauce was really thick... It was a really authentic and quite basic Indian with amazing food... Wish I could have tried all the dishes but SO pleased I didnt as is have felt Cr*p today! Lol

But all in all - I've got much better will power than I've had in years and years! And to top it all - the body parts are definitely less painful! Yippee! :)

Woohoo, SO well done on the willpower, Di, that is hugely impressive!

I love Indian food but haven't been out for any since our meet in Brum earlier this year because I can't say no to butter chicken, lemon rice and naan!

I love love love indian food, would not have been as good as you faced with those circumstances Di - well done :D

Thanks Susie and Bren - last night's meal was the hardest !!! So much 'lush/'lish food!! But I feel positively angelic at the moment! Lol

Just arrived back home - via hydro! Feel so knackered now !

Just shoved dinner in the oven - into a baco foil 'envelope' have put : cabbage, pancetta, chicken breast, garlic clove, a bit of Italian cheese- provolone - coconut oil and a squeeze of lemon ... Can't wait to stuff my face! Lol :)

Envelope is more like a parcel... Lay out a fair sized square of baco foil... Pile the food up in the middle part - I started with laying out the pancetta in 3 strips next to each other ... Then the veg then the chick and cheese and garlic all sliced up and mingled in... Squeezed the lemon over and then brought the baco foil sides and corners up to meet over the food and squeezed it all together to seal it.

Then into the oven on a baking tray/sheet... Oven somewhere between 160-180 depending on how quickly you want to eat. For about an hour - or sooner if oven higher.

No washing up - so easy. :)

Morning Di, sounds good to me. Yum Yum

Hope you enjoy it Susie :)

Hello Alpa! :)

Back