Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

aw thanks Lisa for checking! :) I don't think I could manage to do it as a total thing, but certainly for a couple of meals a day while I'm at work might be ok... will have to see what my weight decides to do - seeing as it has a mind of its own! lol

Looking on the Exante packet it shows carbs at about 18g or 19g per meal - wouldn't that amount kick me out of ketosis? I'm confused - it may be simpler for my pea-sized brain to stick with Atkins lol :)

It's 2 different diets and they don't mix. Exante is low cal - 3 x 200 cal packs and Atkins is low carb eat as many cals as you like.
If you had 2 packs per day your meal would have to be under 600 cals. You could only have protein and veg, no sauces, cream, cheese etc. And you certainly couldn't have any snacks or anything to drink other than black tea or coffee and plain water. It's what Exante call working solution and although the meal low carb it also has to be low cal, low fat.
You wouldn't be on Atkins so that thinking would have to go, you would be on Exante WS and could expect to lose around 10lb per month on an extremely strict regime.

Had a lovely night last night meeting Lady Felsham - Susie ... she's such a cool person!

At last, a fan! :D

It was great to put a face to the name, Di, really delighted to add you to my list of friends.

And re the dinner, all I can say is TG there were two of us trying to convince the waiter that we didn't want sauce, rice, naan, desserts or anything else remotely carby! :D

LOL roll on November :D

I've put this on the get together thread, Leanne, but you are welcome to a bed at my new flat - I should have moved in by then :D About 15 mins into central London.

Morning!

have another busy day today so just popping on for a quickie!

Thanks for the explanation Lisa - really helpful and definitely food for thought! Leanne would love to see you at the next get together. If my son, his g/f and daughter have moved out by then there would be space at mine as well!

I'm off to Harpenden this morning to a meeting and then have hydro this afternoon.

Am feeling quite motivated. Having breakfast while typing this note - 3 slices of pancetta, one egg, 2 and a half mushrooms (that's all I have until I shop later) and coffee with the FINAL bit of cream! boo hoo!

I've got nothing planned for lunch with is stupid, but have some cheese still in the fridge which I'll take for a snack and might try and buy something from St Pancras on the way back - there's an M&S there so could get some sliced chicken.

I've just noticed that I have paid no attention to what I'm eating this morning as I've got to get moving - I'm just shovelling it in without any thought. So I've not had any pleasure from my cooked breakfast which I've been looking forward to since Monday! Note to self: important to find time to really enjoy the meals I prepare otherwise I might not think I've eaten enough and may be a reason why I over-eat! :)

Just a clarification... the daughter is mine not my son's! lol ... when I read my post back it looked like it was his daughter! :)

Morning Di :)

I think that's an important point you make - we have to take the time to enjoy our food. Not something I do regularly either, sitting in front of the TV, shoving it in! :D

Evening Di:)
Jealous of your minimeet with Susie but sounds like a fab evening:). I can also offer a few beds so depending on beds and venue this could be a cross london meet:). Where are you based?

Also agree point on appreciating food - since atkins i think i've turned in to more of a foodie (is that poss?!). But does take time to appreciate;) my brrakfast often inhaled:D
Xxx

Glad you two met (and Susie, you have loads of fans and you bloody know it girl!) and had a good time - well done on passing up on the bad stuff lol :D

Well another fleeting visit today as I'm off to work soon to prepare for a potential tribunal claim. But if I crack on today then at least I'll have a chilled and relaxed Sunday!

B - medium egg, 2 slices pancetta, 2 mushrooms, garlic clove, 2 pieces of chicken liver

L - probably an Atkins shake

D - probably chicken breast in parcel of pancetta, mushroom, garlic, ginger, bit of cheese with broccoli

hope to jump on later...

Katie, I'm in Kings Cross area and work in St Pauls and Hammersmith ... I used to work in St Margarets - in the offices opposite the station... :)
[/B]

Just back from work!! And prepared my little parcel of joy and delight! Lol... It's now safely tucked away in a nice warm oven lol :) should be ready in about an hour - max :)

Looking on the Exante packet it shows carbs at about 18g or 19g per meal - wouldn't that amount kick me out of ketosis? I'm confused - it may be simpler for my pea-sized brain to stick with Atkins lol :)

I tried, last year, to break a very lengthy close-to-goal stall by using VLCD shakes for one or two meals each day. Needless to say this did NOT work at all. The extra carbs not only booted me out of ketosis, and superfast, but my hunger and cravings returned in force.

Alas it's one or the other. Atkins and VLCD packs don't mix. Might work in longterm maintenance provided your body can tolerate 30-40g of carbs or more each day without any ill-effects. Mine can't.

Exante is around 60g carbs daily but that is on Total Solution - ie no extra food. Don't know what Working Solution involves. VLCDs work fast because as well as carbs they limit calories, too. Under 800 calories a day of any kind of food can lead to ketosis, I have read. Over 800 doesn't.

Be careful of losing patience on Atkins. We get complacent about its countless benefits and long for faster losses. In the end tho most of us end up back here cos we need to eat!

PS OOPS should have read the thread in greater detail before posting this ha ha.

Last edited:
Thanks girly! Really sensible and sound advice! I am just getting impatient! And also realising that my body will do anything it can to either hold onto the weight or gain! Lol :)

Back