Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Evening Di:)
Had a crazy day so just catching up. Was nice yesterday - lucky we have another bigger meet planned soon:D

I must admit that the shakes leave me hungry - but then i also cant do soup. Think i need something to chew!
Xx

I'm actually still fairly full from my last one... the Atkins powder - vanilla - is much thicker than the pre-made one so I do feel a lot fuller having those.

Looking forward to seeing you next month!! :) x

Morning... Blackberry is still playing up! and the wifi at home was very dodgy this morning! :(

Am in sunny Hammersmith (well, it's overcast and not sure how it will turn out! lol)

B - hard boiled egg and 3 slices of British ham from M&S
L - possibly an Atkins shake
D - not sure as I'm visiting the ex MiL in hospital - she has pneumonia and is 82. My son's coming with me so we might just grab a bite on the way home.
E - walking... the hospital is huge so lots of long corridors. And they have very sensibly stuck the car park in the next town (slight exaggeration) so that will be a schlepp too!:)

I had a 2lb gain from Clacton - no idea how as my diet was no different except for coke zero x 2 and maybe a bit more cheese... so this morning, that gain has now gone! But, what a blinking struggle! lol

I swear on a stack of Atkins shakes, cartons of double cream and a tub of coconut oil, that I shall never allow myself to get back to the weight I was!! This is SUCH a wake up call! It is SO much harder when you get old and decrepid! lol

Dreams for the year ahead...

• to feel like bothering to wear tights again. I haven't even looked at the tights section in M&S in years!
  • to attempt to wear shoes with a heel again!
  • the old chestnut of the selt belt expander to become a thing of the past - I might even frame mine as a horrible reminder! lol
  • to be able to go into any high street shop and find something that I can fit into
I am still thinking of trying to do a blitz of exante for a month - November - more because I want to try and eliminate the need for a seat belt expander as I might try to get to Toronto for New Year to see my gay friends. I'm not sure I have the will-power but it would be such an achievement if I did. OK ramble over... have a great day everyone! :)

Morning Di:)
Glad you got the 2 lbs off:)

Agree on the dreams - being able to buy clothes in any shop - it's been a long time sigh!
Have a good day
Xx

Hey there.

Just read this rather long diary, & I'm rather inspired.

Don't bother with VLCD's (believe me they are absolutely no fun) all you have to do is keep doing what you have been over the last few months & the weight will come off.

Hey! Thanks Kat - really good of you to take time to read the ramblings :)

Good point Lisa - sorry Di, no go;)

Aw thanks guys! :)

Just back from hospital visit to see the ex MiL ...

Been good with the food and have now bought single cream which is so much less calories! Lol

Had some hog roast off a stall at the farmers Market in Hammersmith for lunch... He gave me loads for a fiver and he didn't give me the bun...

Ok... Off to bed it's way past my bed time! Lol

Night night! :)

Hog roast sounds delish. Did you have the apple sauce?? I love apple sauce with a nice slice of hot roast pork.......maybe pork roast on Sunday, buttered greens, roast butternut & mashed swede. Yummy!!

I was very good and didn't have the apple sauce lol :)

Thank you for your comments! :)

ex MiL always reminds me of why I'm no longer with my ex! ha ha

She is a tricky person and enjoys being in hospital and the centre of attention! she wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. Although her toes are in a state because of her diabetes and she does have trouble breathing - there's some scarring on her lungs. But we got her talking and laughing and playing around with her bedside tv.

I'm going again on Saturday with the bag of washing I took home last night for her.

B - egg, bacon & mushroom - coffee with single cream
L - Atkins shake cos I'm in the office
D - chick breast in parcel drizzled with sesame oil, garlic, ginger on a bed of cabbage & leeks
W - not enough!
E - a bit

Morning all :)

I'm off to the hospital to visit ex MiL today - but need to go and get nails sorted first - I've got Shellac on them and they're lookin really messy now.

I'm quite chuffed that I've lost a bit more - 1.2lbs this week - plus the 2lbs I gained for breathing in the sea air at Clacton last weekend! lol

B - egg, mushrooms, bacon, coffee & cream
L - no idea yet
D - no idea
E - hospital corridors and stairs! lol
A - I'll feel like it after the hospital - particularly as I'm sure it's as effective as their anti-germs hand wash! lol

Morning Di

Hope the nails come up beautiful - and that all goes well as possible at the hospital - and fab news on the loss!!! :)

Back