Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Thanks lovely peeps! Xx

Susie I'm at a loss to know what works or not ... .although I said I had a bucket of red wine last night it was really just about a half bottle - so will have second half tonight with a T bone I've got at home defrosting!

I have taken 6 bin liners of stuff to Age Concern (thought that was appropriate)lol and was too down to stay at home so I'm in a skanky coffee shop in Kentish Town which is just what the doctor ordered! As I'm now feeling much brighter!

Had smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch...

X

Had amazing dinner... T bone with chard... I bought it at a good butcher's just before Xmas and have been waiting for the right moment... And by golly it arrived today... Was SO delish!! OMG! Lol xx

Plus some more red wine... Still not finished the bottle yet though ! Lol xx

Yes you do, and I have not had a t-bone in more time than I can remember................that might have to go on the wish-list for next week xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds yummy, gorgeous - here's some ((hugs)) too
Xxxx

Morning Di, mmmmm swiss chard, it's not on our shelves yet, can't wait until it is.

Morning :)

My BMI is finally in the 30-somethings! ... still humungous, but a movement of sorts! lol

The next phase is going to be a huge slog - if the month of January is anything to go by!! My stubborn metabolism - or whatever it is - is fighting hard to hold onto the fat.

I'm going to re-read the Gary Taubes book for inspiration and to help me keep in the zone. lol

B - 2 eggs, mushroom, celery, garlic and a bit of left over chard
L - am out for lunch but will have something legal
D - the rest of the T bone and perhaps some spinach.
xx

So chuffed for you hunnie, I bet it is a real boost to be in the 30's now.

Dinner sound good, may visit my local butches for a couple of t bones next week. :)

Hmm red wine for weight loss, maybe your on to a new diet LOL

Thanks so much for your kind words Callie... I'm sure red wine is very bad lol x

Hello Di,

I've just read through your whole diary, and wow! What an inspiration you are! You've really persevered!

I'm on Exante at the moment, but hating it, so when my supply runs out in 11 days, I'm coming over the dark side haha.

Keep up the good work!

Gem xx

Wow thanks Gem... Lovely to have you on this Woe... The last thing I feel is inspirational! Lol

I'm just really lucky that I love the legal foods on Atkins and the guys on this site are amazing - so supportive and always there for me/us...

To be perfectly honest I feel embarrassed that I let myself go so much ... And cos I'm so ancient it's now taking ages to come off.. Lol

Good luck with your journey! And hugs x

I know that feeling! My highest weight was 305lbs - I've tried VLCDs countless times, WW, SS, Dukan, The Idiot-Proof Diet (well, I must be an idiot!) and calorie counting. Even 'tried' Atkins (only had eggs in the house on day 1 so ate 4, felt sick and gave up). I lost 7st on CD, but gained it all back. Really want a new way of life and WOE so I don't think avoiding food is the answer any more, if it ever was.

I'm hoping to hit the 2st lost mark before I switch on 14th - looking forward to coming over! Xx

Ancient..

Come on, your down to the 30's hunnie, you'll be feeling younger by the day;)

Dark Side Elvira? LOL but it is so much more interesting.:devilangel:

We will welcome you with open arms.:D

I tried CD too, the problem for me was adding back real food, I couldn't control myself.:eek:

Atkins has been fantastic for me, I hope it is for you too.

Would love to do a few weeks or a month on shakes - just to get a stone off quickly but I have zilch willpower lol

So although Atkins for me now is very slow - its a safe and easy -ish way to lose as long as I have bags of patience ... X lol

Alpaca said:
Would love to do a few weeks or a month on shakes - just to get a stone off quickly but I have zilch willpower lol

So although Atkins for me now is very slow - its a safe and easy -ish way to lose as long as I have bags of patience ... X lol

Trust me Di, mixing the diets is not a good idea. Plus you are doing so well! Being on a VLCD has messed my body up so much, and my mind. My hair has been falling out, stomach problems, constant acid reflux, bad moods, no energy, and when I go back to food, I just eat everything! Slow and steady really does win the race in my opinion xx

Wow thanks Gem... Lovely to have you on this Woe... The last thing I feel is inspirational! Lol

I'm just really lucky that I love the legal foods on Atkins and the guys on this site are amazing - so supportive and always there for me/us...

To be perfectly honest I feel embarrassed that I let myself go so much ... And cos I'm so ancient it's now taking ages to come off.. Lol

Good luck with your journey! And hugs x
How many things can I disagree with in this post!

Inspirational - er yes you are!
Ancient - errr no you're not!
Ages to come off -errrrrrrrrrr no! look at your numbers since you started - you have done amazingly! Your body is probably just catching up with you.

And now you are in the 30s, the 20s will come!!
xx

You're so sweet piglet... Thank you x

Back