Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Headless chicken Susie! Lol xx

Been to the loo loads and don't feel as hungry as I've been feeling !!! So I'm a happy bunny !!

Whether the scales will move is another issue lol

Just had Atkins shakes today as been too busy to get food but that's ok... Will eat food when I get home xx

I have been weeing for Britain lately. Tends to be a good thing on this diet though, doesn't it! Glad you're feeling good xxx

Just tucking into this...

image-2832350276.jpg

Shrimps, crab meat, iceberg, cucumber, celery, garlic (of course) with mayo and red wine vinegar dressing ... Lol... And watercress!

Last edited:
Looks lovely and refreshing Di, enjoy!

Evening Di:)

Shrimps and crab looks yummy - had that for lunch on Saturday too:D
You must be so excited about your trip - hope you are not completely stressed and exhausted before you go:eek: Presumably there is wifi the other side of the pond so we will expect updates of all the exciting things you are doing so we can be insanely jealous!

Have a mega, mega time:D
Xxxx

Thanks Katie!! I'll definitely send updates! Lol

I'm starving tonight so getting into my bath then off to bed to try and squash the hunger pangs ... :) xx

Marks and Spencer: 30gs sliced beef, 45 calories.

Ideal as a small snacky 100 percent protein thing so you don't feel starving!!! Sleep well hon.

Thanks ML... :) xx

Waited 40 mins for a train to Uxbridge this morning cos there was an incident !!! So much to do today I dont have the luxury of incidents! Lol

Still. 2lb up from posted ... Something's not right and I'm struggling to know what I'm doing wrong... Will just have to leave it til I get back... I had 60g of cheese yesterday and 30ml of cream... No different from a year ago... Not had salami in a few weeks - bacon on Sunday - 2 glasses of wine on Sunday but that was the total for the week... No flax/mims/oopsies/sweeteners/ Atkins bars /strawberries (have only had 5 of them in total last month)... I'm just at a loss to know what to do next. Anyway, not able to tackle it til I'm back.

Just thinking of what to take for nibbles on the plane... Probably a pack of sliced chicken and maybe sliced roast beef ... Will have a packet of brown shrimp in the morning on the way with mayo and maybe find a bun less maccie d at the airport...

Hope everyone has a good day xx

You're not doing anything wrong and it must be unbelievably frustrating. Have you taken any 'breaks' from the diet since you started? I almost wonder if letting go and eating off plan for your holiday might shock your system into making Atkins work again - a little like Scrumbles did. But I know going off plan can be scary in terms of gain and having to get back on again.

Or, when you get back, you might try doing low carb 'up days down days' for a couple of weeks? While I was looking up the diet I noticed atkinsers using it (while still on Atkins) to break stalls - having 500 calories and 2000 calories on alternating days.

Or there's one of the Atkins recommended stall breakers - the fat fast (1000 cals a day but only tiny meals of very high fat foods) or the meat and egg diet - both only for a few days.

Of course you might find that the holiday itself is just the break you need and everything will sort itself out when you get back. But if not there are lots of options to try. You will get it sorted xx

Hello Di. Good luck with getting everything done today. X

Great ideas ML... And yes you're right Lisa

Maybe I should relax in Canada food wise although I don't want to be sluggish or windy! Lol

Thank you for all your support and advice guys xxx

Morning Di...hope your preparations for Toronto are going well - you must be really excited! :D

I finally found that article I read on diet breaks that encouraged me to do mine: The Full Diet Break | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

I think this could help move things along for you, and if you can use your holiday to mark the beginning and end of it (you're going for two weeks, right?) that would be perfect really.

Anyway, have a read and see what you think xx

Back