Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Hi have a wonderful holiday, relax a bit around the food, I agree with the others sometimes our bodies need a break and change of routine. I went on holidays with a skinny friend a few years ago, I tried to eat similar to her st each meal ( not exactly the same!), I came back the same weight I went !!!! Good luck

You are all so fabulous!! Thank you for all the support!

I'm as scared as hell to eat differently!! I have say that I've been religiously on Atkins for the last 13 months and I know I have the willpower of a gnat and the appetite of a horse! Lol

But perhaps I'll slacken off for the 10 days I'm away... Any advice on what or how to eat off plan??? I've forgotten how to! Lol

Should I just eat loads of fruit and some nuts or something? Or go to rices and pulses? Or even worse .... Bread potatoes and pasta? None of these foods have passed my lips since 9 May 2011! Lol

What a saddo!! Lol

Love you guys... She said whilst stressing about all she has to do before tomorrow morning! Lol xxx

Have a wonderful time Di, Toronto is such a fabulous city, make sure you travel on the trams they are brilliant and whilst niagara town is a bit tacky the falls are spectacular. Do enjoy the food , it will be lovely and warm when you are there also, wish I was coming with you :) x

Sweetheart how can you say you have no willpower when it is so obvious that you have it in bucketloads!

I started out on Atkins well before you and thanks to me falling off the wagon many times, you have streaked ahead in the loser stakes :)))!

As Lisa says, 98 POUNDS gone - and just keep reflecting on well you feel physically, compared to a year ago. it's not willpower that got you to where you are now, it's knowing the joy and happiness of ditching those huge pants with elastic waists, wearing lovely gorgeous colours again and being able to get around with so much less discomfort. I am so proud of you, everyone here is.

Of course you're right to write down your frustrations about the losses slowing down, despite all your discipline - but don't be overwhelmed by it. Just take a deep breath, finish your packing, go and have a fab time with the boys, who will treat you like royalty, and I bet you will stay pretty much to low carb.

It's a holiday, enjoy, relax and have FUN :D

That said, I will miss you like crazy. Love you heaps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

((hugs)) sweetie - agree with Susie that you have loads of willpower as proven:D. My suggestion for the hols based on my experience is to choose low carb generally but if you want a taste of something just try a bit. Frankly i usually find that i'm not very interested and then turn my attention to the rest of the yummy food. It does mean you don't have to be paranoid about dressings etc

You will enjoy yourself.....and that's an order;)
Xxxxxx

Babe I stalled for what felt like forever losing & gaining,the same lbs over & over trying to get past the 100lb mark, I think mentally & physically its a massive milestone, it will happen keep on keeping on! Enjoy yr time away, have a little of what you fancy & listen closely to what yr body tells you when you try something,New.xx

I'm just leaving the office to get home and pack... What a nightmare day!!

L - prawns and malt vinegar and an Atkins shake

D - 2 eggs scrambled with butter and a 15g piece of cheese

Alpaca said:
I'm just leaving the office to get home and pack... What a nightmare day!!

L - prawns and malt vinegar and an Atkins shake

D - 2 eggs scrambled with butter and a 15g piece of cheese

You know what I'm gonna say!!!!!!

Bloody eat woman!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Absolutely agree with everyone else - just give yourself permission to have what you fancy, and enjoy it! What happens in Toronto stays in Toronto, lol. You know you will jump straight back into Atkins when you get home, so there's nowt to fear, m'dear!

Have a wonderful holiday! xx

You're all gorgeous!!! Xxx thank you ... I'm just having a few hours now in a horizontal position - doubt i'll sleep... then final bath, hair wash, packing then off-ski!!!

I love you all- A HUGE THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME THIS FAR!!!

Life is now so much easier, more fun, freer, faster, almost pain free... I feel younger and more confident... Still have a load more to lose but I am not petrified of fitting into the plane seat or having to ask for a seat belt extender... And I know the tray will fit around me so I don't have to pretend that I don't want to eat just to avoid the embarrassment of it not pulling down!!

And I shall tackle the next 4stone when I get back!! Xxx

And you shall beat it!

And you shall have a wonderful time on your hols and be much missed around here!

Travel safe Di, have a fantastic holiday.

Enjoy every second and remember we will all be waiting here for you when you get back.

Morning... Just made an omelette with stuff left in the fridge:

B - courgette, celery, mushroom, garlic and egg a slice of jarlsberg cheese, coffee and unsweetened soya milk

Will pack for nibbles along the journey:

N (ibbles) - chick breast, corned beef, Sliced mature cheese cos I feel fuller faster with stronger flavours and also found an Atkins bar that I think I bought before Xmas so might have it as a little treat while I'm away!

Of course I shall post while I'm away otherwise I'll go completely off the rails xx

Morning gorgeous, sounds like you are all set. Lovely to think that all those issues are in the past:D
Hope the journey goes nice and smoothly and "talk" to you once you get there
Xxxxx

Have a lovely time lovely Di. Relax and enjoy yourself, holiday weight comes off really quickly and it will prob be so hot you'll sweat out any excess. X

Have a fab time Di, you'll be spoilt for choice with all the meat and seafood outlets out there!!!!

Lots of updates and pics too please

Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a fantastic time and I look forward to hearing of your adventures. As for eating go as much as possible with meat, veg and salad and add some fruit if you want it. Obviously alcohol will feature, you're on holiday afterall, but you will know your limit. You will probably find that this woe has become so natural to you but if faced with a situation of a sandwich or nothing just eat it. You're not going to undo all your hard work and we all gain a few lbs on holiday. We will be here to support you on your return and you'll get back in the groove.
Lots of love xx

Just about to switch off the phone ... You guys are the best tonic in the whole world!!! See you on the other side! Lol xxx

Back