Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Can I inject some positivism in here?

Seven stone, my lovely, seven stone!!!! I have a strong feeling you are one of the ones who will never return to their biggest weight - because you are vigilant, and you will continue to be so.

Hometime for me now, the reporter is just about finished, so catch up later.

Much love

Sxx

Alpaca said:
So interesting and hadn't realised how technical and scientific it all is!

But bottom line is that I'm basically f*cked for life! Lol ... As long as I know then I'll have no expectations of it eventually getting easier! :)

I had to laugh at that Di. We are all f*cked up in one way or another. Thankfully we all have some sort of control over it now.

ML I totally agree with you re paleo/primal. All that healthy eating can only be good for anyone.

Great post Susie! And I was meaning to be positive too - it's something we have to keep an eye on sure but we can lose to a healthy weight and stay there. No one is, as the article makes out, 'doomed'.

This place is so fantastic... I've not once felt like throwing the towel in... Yet!

A first for me! And I know I would have 6 months ago when the loss started slowing down ... Understanding everything really helps and I'm just so grateful that there's a load of scientific boffins on the Atkins site!! Thank you guys! Xxx

Great post Susie! And I was meaning to be positive too - it's something we have to keep an eye on sure but we can lose to a healthy weight and stay there. No one is, as the article makes out, 'doomed'.

I know you are, ML, and I'm hugely grateful for all the info you post - please don't think I was dissing anything you say for a second.

It's just that sometimes I feel we lose perspective on what has been achieved in the year that I've 'known' most of you - weight loss, focus, thinking so much more about what we eat, and the love and support of people here. I t may not sound like it at times but I really do have a life outside work and this forum - but you guys get what we are all going through. My friends are all skinny lizzies, but jealous as hell of the forum here because they all have eating issues, but have no one to share with - so, GO Team :D

Feeling the love xxx

Evening all - deffo plenty of love xxxx
Agree that just because we cant go back to eating a load of c**p means we have a tough life. Even if you ignore the weight issue (which of course we dont) i want to know why no one ever told me how bad i felt on a standard way of eating. Have to say low carb is a revelation - shame i found it so late but may have been necessary to really understand that what you put in your body is important!

All of which to say- Di rocks - you will continue on your amazing journey and life will continue to be great and full of friends
Xxxxxx. And some for good measure xxxxx

Hi guys... antibiots are definitely making me struggle. Can't wait to finish them!

I'm now just one pound up from posted weight. But, I am going to start logging cals as well as carbs as I really am convinced that my increased appetite is seriously affecting my weight loss.

For instance, I have only lost 5lbs in 2 months. At least it's a very slow downwards direction, but nevertheless, it needs to be double that really at a minimum.

So, the plan is to have 1300 cals a day and something like 15g carbs. In order to do this, though, I'll cut out high cal foods such as cream. Will give this experiment about 2 weeks to see if there's any movement of any significance.

On the days I have alcohol I'll make sure that I count the cals into the daily amount.

B - 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, coffee and unsweetened soya milk

the positive on all this is that at least I know what I can eat when I'm maintaining! Which is pretty good and I'll be well happy with the foods I have once I've lost what I need to! lol

well, today isn't going to be my 1300 day as I've already eaten 817 cals lol

So I'll just stuff my face in the usual way today and start tomorrow. It's going to be tricky and I can't understand what my problem is! What a nightmare!

Will get some chicken and prawns for later with some spinach and broccoli ... but, I really need taking in hand!!

Some days are harder than others Di, you have done so bloody well and will carry on losing, it may not be as fast as you want but you will get there, never been as certain of anything. xxx

Hey Di, sounds like you've got a plan, but if I were you I would hold off until you're finished with the antibiotics and you're properly well. Cutting calories stresses the body no matter what plan you're on, and the last thing you want to do when your body is trying to recover from illness is to give it any more stress. It will only delay your return to full health.

Dr Scrumbles has spoken, lol! xx

I agree with Scrumbles as you know but I think 1300 is a sensible number to aim for, not too low. Just don't kick yourself if you go over somedays - if your appetite is telling you you need more it's possible that you do - also keep an eye on the pie chart on MFP and make sure your fat ratio is still around the 60 percent mark. I find I can still lose if my carbs (from vegetables) are slightly higher and my protein slightly lower but I keep my fat as 60-70 percent of my calorie intake. With my meals planned for today I'm having cream cheese, blue cheese and butter but still coming in at about 1300 cals. Fat helps with satiety too. You could also try the trick of drinking a full glass of water before each meal.

yes, you're right, I need to finish the antibiotics and get rid of the throat first...

Had to go home early cos a bit rough and just made a gorgeous lunch/dinner! Have totalled my carbs and cals for today... and it comes to 1900 cals and 28g carbs.

I'm now stuffed - which is a very uncomfortable, unhealthy, but also very satisfying feeling!!

Lunch/Dinner is a stir fry of chicken breast, salmon steaks, chinese leaf, spring onions, courgette, mushroom, celery, spinach, garlic, chilli, lime juice, coconut oil, ginger, broccoli, soy sauce then drizzled with toasted sesame oil at the end. Really yummy.

However, the volume needs adjusting next week - big time!! lol

image-2184975247.jpg

The stir fry... Tastes a lot better than it looks!! Lol

Mm, looks good to me! And don't feel bad for needing to feed yourself up while sick. I'd probably be on all sorts of baddies by now, I think you're doing great.

You're far too sweet ML! Xx

Back