Alpaca's stream of consciousness - IS BACK ON THE WAGON!

Simba looks like a real snuggly fellow -could almost be Orbit's dad, the same tortie coat and white bib :)

Have a lovely walk amongst the chickens and bees - Di does the Good Life :D

Morning Di, well done on the loss your really in the zone now.

Whoa I go away for a few days and your living in the country? Had to go back and read that one. Sounds great. Aw little cat with one eye, must have had a scrap with something.

Enjoy your walk. :)

Afternoon Di, I would love to house-sit somewhere like that, sounds brilliant - want to keep chickens (not bees cos I am scared) and ducks someday - and a one eyed cat too xxx

Oh you sound like you are having a lovely time......not too sure I would like the bees though. Enjoy your weekend.

Hiya! You sound like you're having a ball! Xx

Evening gorgeous peeps.. So much for me having any spare time today to catch up with you all!! Have been so busy .. It's now 11.45pm and just popping in to say night night

D - prawn cocktail - no sauce then salmon steak with salad then cheese for pud

S - pork crunch

L - prawns in coriander and chilli from m&s a couple of little cheese bites

Lots of cream in coffees

Oh yes - and some white wine... Xx

Hi Di :wavey: food and wine sounds yummy:D. And loving your good life descriptions - hope you are getting some you time to chill too xxxx

Failing miserably to get "me" time and I'm now starting to get really annoyed about it ! Lol

Food has been legal - so far - although wine will creep in later! Lol

Am starting to properly get back in my stride woe wise

Saw a fox this morning near the chicken house - he was huge!

Had a lovely walk along a beautiful small road early this morning - stunning morning - blue and crisp - my favourite weather!

I am loving it and enjoying the walks x

B - baked eggs and bacon and cheese in the Aga

L - sliced chicken breast and cheese

D - not sure as am going to village pub

Thank you Stubbsey - waiting to go - getting hungry! Lol

Hey lovelies

so, this is my last day as farmer-person and I really REALLY don't want to go home!! Planning on heading off about 4-ish which will make sure I get home in the light.

Just made an amazing soup - I mean truly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous! lol

400g - celery
4 - rashers of smoked bacon
1 - cube of Kallo vegetable stock
2 - garlic cloves
2 - eggs
100g - grated cheddar cheese - light

just cook the first 4 ingredients in water. Cook until everything soft. Then blitz with the blitzer. then squish in the last two ingredients. Just so delicious!! And SO simple. Not sure the quantities are completely accurate as I think the scales here are broken.

When I get home I'm banning cream for at least a week and likewise wine. But, everything else I've had has been fine.

xx

Oh it sounds lovely Di!

And so glad you enjoyed your country sojourn :) Maybe a move to a small village outside London might be on the cards? (part of my evil plan to get everyone to move to the coast with me :)) xxx

Afternoon, your few days as a country lass sound lovely.....so does the soup, I have never tried adding egg to soup....does it make it thicker ?

I just added anything I had that was low carb and it tastes great - a bit creamier I guess and a bit of added texture.. I learned it from ex MiL - she was Austrian and used to add to chicken clear soup made from chicken and carcass if she didn't want noodles or dumplings (yum to the dumplings lol) xx

Morning all... Pah to city life !!

Although the bus / tube commute seems so much easier than chipping ice off car then driving in the dark to train stn then standing all the way to London then battling on london's transport system to arrive at the office ready to go back home! Lol

A further lb lost over the weekend - which isn't bad considering I drank my body weigh in double cream and coffee and a bottle of white wine! Lol

So total week's loss from last Monday is 6lb which is fine ... Still a way to go before back to posted weight but its going in the right direction

Hope everyone has a good day! Xx

That's better than fine that's brilliant! When Trev woke from his nana nap I was watching Escape to the Country. He asked why I'd like to escape to the country so I said to keep chickens and have fresh eggs like Di lol.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back