altering the way i make cwp? is it ok?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kirstyjade, 15 May 2011 Social URL.

1. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

i have seen alot of alternate recipes on here for the CWP'S like sticking a skake in the microwave to make into a cake, i asked my cambridge consultant if this was ok and she said definatly not as it take all the nutrients out of it, i want to know if she is right or wrong about this, i have seen that alot of people on here do it and say they have been told its fine, it would make it so much easier if i could acctually eat somthing solid lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Quick&Painful

Quick&Painful Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My understanding is that is does take the nutrients out of it. However, cooking one pack a day won't hurt. Just don't cook all 3!

Hope that helps.

4. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

thankyou this does help, i'll not do anymore than 1 a day then, shame it takes all the nutrients out coz some of them sound so yummy

5. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    How many products a day are you on, hun? If it's only 3, don't do it. You're risking not having enough nutrients. If it's 4, some of the recipes - not all :) - are worth a go with one of your packets in a day. I like muffins but there's a bit of a knack to it. I certainly wouldn't bother with 'crisps'.

6. kirstyjade

kirstyjade Full Member

hi lily, im on 4 a day so shall try to make 1 a little different as im craving solid food, do you not recomend the crisps? there the ones that i really want to try

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think personally Id be tempted to trust what my CDC says, people do post on here with the best of intentions and with tweaks etc that work for them but arent strictly sticking to plan.

Ultimately its your decision what you want to do, but is it really worth it??

8. ElaineD

ElaineD Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.69%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I sometimes use an extra pack to make crisps (not my 3 main packs though). I love them, and they keep me on the straight and narrow when the rest of my family are pigging out on junk.

9. flab fighter

flab fighter The fat is melting away!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(16.07%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    If you want something solid I would go for the bars (after 2nd weeks) or try the mix a mousse. There is a bit of trial and error to the mousse but worth a go. :D. Jayne x

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.