Alternative therapies-Is Hypnotherapy any good?

letmeout

Silver Member
Well- not a lot of people seem to have tried Indian Head Massage. So how about hypnotherapy? I know a few people have used it to help with weight- but what about other stuff too. Here's the little questionnaire- have you tried hypnotherapy to help you lose weight or acheive any other goal??

Hypnotherapy
1. Why did you this treatment?

2. What did you expect from it?

3. Did it meet your expectations ?

4. Did it work?

5. How long did it take ?

6. How much did it cost?

7. Was it value for money?

8. Did you enjoy it?

9. Would you use it again?

checkmout -Gifts.real-incentives.com/9543

I've not tried hypnotherapy but I'm interested to hear what others think.

Evenin' twinny- it's quiet here tonight and I'm off myself now.
Maybe we'll hear some opinions from others later
take care
XX

I tried hypnotherapy some years ago but it did not work. I am sure I did not even "go under"

I have a very good friend who is a clinical hypnotherapist and she says it is almost impossible to hynotise someone to be slim. You can be hynotised against a particular food eg chocolate but usually the reasons for obesity are far more deep seated than mere overeating.

Some weeks ago several posters on here underwent hypnotherapy but all has gone quiet now.

RedPam,

I would have to disagree with your Hypnotherapist friend.

I am a Hypnotherapist from Illinois (USA). About 70% of my clients are weight clients. My clients have very good results with their custom weight dissolving plan. But each Hypnotherapist does things different.

This is my first post here. I have joined to answer any questions anyone has about hypnotherapy, as well as to learn from everyone here.

Rick

Well- not a lot of people seem to have tried Indian Head Massage. So how about hypnotherapy? I know a few people have used it to help with weight- but what about other stuff too. Here's the little questionnaire- have you tried hypnotherapy to help you lose weight or acheive any other goal??

Hypnotherapy
I used it to give up smoking

To quit for good

erm, yes I think so
4. Did it work?
for 6 months, should have gone back
for more sessions

1 hour

6. How much did it cost?
£80.00
Yes
8. Did you enjoy it?
Nice experience, but felt a bit sick
when I came out of it

maybe

checkmout -Gifts.real-incentives.com/9543
Hope this helps

WEll-thanks for the replies. I've done lots of research on hypnotherapy now and it seems that if you have the right THERAPy under hypnosis it can be very succesful indeed !!
Tried the Indian Head Massage too-liked that a lot!!

Weight Loss, Cure for Binging

I didn't know what to expect, my perception of hypnosis was people acting like chickens on a stage
!- it's not like that at all though!

It did! I lost 12lbs in the first week and although my eating habits eventually went back to normal I kept off what I lost.

4. Did it work?

Yes, But i think it's important to go for you top ups to keep the affect long term

3 x 1 hour sessions

6. How much did it cost?

£45 per hour

Definitely!

8. Did you enjoy it?

No, most boring experience of my life, but enjoyed the results!

Yup, gonna book in for a top up and my fear of flying

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

STACIE xxx

I didn't know what to expect, my perception of hypnosis was people acting like chickens on a stage
!- it's not like that at all though!

Did you enjoy it?
No, most boring experience of my life, but enjoyed the results!

ROLF! I'm glad it worked for you- I have heard lots of good things about it- not the boring bit though ! Tee hee

my mum is a hypnotherapist and i really enjoy having it done...

i have had it done to help me be more motivated in my role at work regarding sales, and it seems to be working...

from what i've heard weight loss can be a toughy because it's also about will power and actually wanting to lose the weight - not looking for a quick fix...

when it does work, it really works...

Back