Always hungry....

sal88

Hello

I'll start by saying I have M.E so when I'm hungry I need to eat to reduce pain levels and increase energy.

I am eating a lot but not the bread, pastry and sweet stuff I used to. I really need some ideas for syn free snacks I suppose. Fruit just doesn't fill me up for long neither do yoghurts.

Can anyone help?

I mainly do Red days rather than green but things like
Home made Veg soup is good for filling you up,
Chicken Breast chopped up or served with a salad is nice
Ryvita Minis (You can have as an HEb)
Hi Fi Bar / Alpen Bars (Again these can be classed as HEb i believe)

These are just of the things I have but I am sure others will provide some more options.

Oh my goodness I am never hungry! LOL

Are you doing mainly red or green days? I don't lose as fast with all green but they are really filling. I love a big fruit salad with a vanilla mullerlight over it, and if you need to add a little umph to it so that it keeps you full longer, add a bit of oats to it and I guarantee you will feel full and only use 1 HE B.

Alpen light bars are 2 for 1 HE B. Sometimes it's good to get your body away from always having sweet treats, ryvitas and babybel lights for HE A &B, or laughing cow lights are always good.

Cottage cheese and pineapple is nice as well and gives you a good dose of protein which helps to keep you full

xx

Graze on chopped ham/chicken/beef on red days - or maybe boiled eggs ready to eat from the fridge on red or green days. The yoghurt over fruit is good and so filling!

I ate pasta until I couldn't wedge another penne in there if my life depended on it!

You need to plan really, so have things like pasta salad or rice salad on green days for nibbling out of the fridge - some of the bachelors savoury rice packs are free on green. I find if I'm really hungry, 2 weetabix does the trick, using your h.extra a's and b's though. Beans are free on green, or you could make some fat free chips by microwaving jacket potatoes, cutting them into wedges and bunging in a hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Can you tell I like green days?!

Green days are my favourite too, I tend to snack on mini babybels & love Ryvita minis, I tend to make a fruit salad up & leave in the fridge and when Im feeling peckish will have a handful of fruit which tends to keep me feeling like Im eating all the time.
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVnvSYv/weight.png[/img]

if i'm hungry i live on pasta, pasta, pasta, more pasta and sin free potato wedges with quorn burgers...and yes i still lose weight :)

...and when i say pasta, i mean pasta! have munched my way through 500g before!!!

Back