Always wanted to be a size 16 now buying 14's!!

I have joined a 12 week community challenge think if you google arriba it will come up. It's 12 weeks for £39, you get diet advice which I am taking in but not using yet as such. The diet is a 1200 calorie a day and you need to meet protein levels and fibre levels.

The lady running the group also sells herbalife products which I did buy to use at first but not keen on the shakes, they were too powdery! and not very tasty. You don't have to use the products you can do it with food.

This is why I have been using cambridge shakes which I prefer and trying to really cut back till my hols in 9 weeks. I am hoping to loose 2 stone by then, lost 10.2 up to now so just need to keep going.

Today I am having

Banana Cambridge shake

Tin of Tuna

Choc mint cambridge shake

Small tuna steak with veg

Herbalife protein bar

Well this is my plan!!! ha ha x x x

Is everyone else doing ok???

When do you weigh MSJMC?? Are you managing with exante?

hi Helen , looking at the food list there , your really on point ! look at the bmi coming down !
For me i got some exante left but not much , i have some w8 left not much now ... but today i got my slim&save porridge, eww not keen on that , i got 10 ho my god lol , just hav eto hav ethem thats all , But your right you can't beat Cambridge , but my doctor will charge for the forum to be signed so i wom't line her pockets she already gets a wage so can't do Cambridge until its down to just under 40 .
I have till 28th Oct till i go away on 2 day break too Alton towers , your not far behind me with your holiday , so lets see what we can do .

what a shame, what is your BMI at the minute?

Never really look at mine just concentrate on the pounds!!!!!

My CD counsellor never mentioned my higher BMI when I went back to her, but I did say I was including some food so maybe that's why. You could go back and say that you are going to do 810, get the packs and then do whatever you like really couldn't you???

hi Helen ... all CDC if the BMI is 40 an over have to get you to get a forum to take to the doctor no matter the plan ...
i said i'll do the higher plan but still need the doctors sig , i rang had office over this and they said this is our policy .
my bmi is 42.7
When did you last go to see your CDC .

Well done on your weight loss x I tried HL once and didnt like the shakes either but I remember the bars being nice :D

hi Helen ... all CDC if the BMI is 40 an over have to get you to get a forum to take to the doctor no matter the plan ...
i said i'll do the higher plan but still need the doctors sig , i rang had office over this and they said this is our policy .
my bmi is 42.7
When did you last go to see your CDC .

I saw her monday for shakes x

Wish mine was easy going like that lol
How much does she do the bars for and shakes .
mine always keeps to the rules of cambridge , i need one like yours Helen

i have a price list somewhere but I got 14 shakes for £27 think it's £37 for 21 shakes and an extra 50p pr bar or tetra. Think?????

I have been seeing hr for probably about 3 year now x

Hello there

Today I have had

Homemade chicken and veg soup and a small wholemeal bun

having fresh tuna and veg for tea.

Am gonna try tomorrow and do cambridge diet last 8 weeks till hols, if I fail I will have something healthy not gonna do what I used to do before and binge the day away.

SPeak later x x

Last edited:
OTW - the dress is lovely. Ive never wore a dress for years so would love a one for xmas.

You are doing amazing on your diet losing it so quick. What are you eating and exercising???

Speak to you all soon gonna get ready for another exciting day at workx

Morning everyone, didn't manage a full day on cambridge. Had a shake at work then a bag of low fat crisps it was the only thing there!!!!

Had my normal tea so not too bad.

Think 100% cambridge is not gonna happen for me so best get my arse moving a lot more for the next 8 weeks.

What diet do you all follow?? Do you just stick to your own.

The community challenge I do counts calories (1200) protein (120g a day) and fibre (25g a day).

So it's quite tricky to work out without using the shakes off her (hrbalife). Just gonna use MFP and watch calories I think and MOVE MORE!!!!

Any advice anyone has for good diet tips to move the weight in 8 weeks please share including exercise tips, i have a bike, a gym membership, 30 day shred dvd and claire nasir dvd.

any advice welcome x x

Hi

i wasn't successful when i tried meal replacement diets hun..missed real food too much and craved it badly :)....and in my personal opinion, it wouldn't have changed my eating habits or altered my food portion etc...as I'd have gone straight back to my old habits as soon as the diet had stopped..and learned nothing from it...BUT i would have lost weight..but for how long?..as I wouldn't have changed anything about my relationship with food..and gained it all again!!!!! :eek:....but that is just me, everybody is different, and i am sure people who are made of stronger stuff ;)..would lose it and keep it off! :)

I don't keep a check of my calorie intake, I just avoid all the goodies i know i personally can't allow myself, but i do 'force myself' to not give in to hunger between meals and especailly in te evenings. I try to plan my meals in advance and stick to my intended menu...it seems to work :)

I think you've got the exercise plan well worked out, so that combined with sensible eating will work hun..and you'll see results over the next 8 weeks.

If snacking is a problem, then i recommend trying to keep your hands and mind occupied when hunger pangs strike. Think of your upcoming holiday every time the dreaded temptation urge appears..and 'talk' yourself out of it, good luck :)

Happy Saturday Size 16 :D

I'm just eating sensibly and only when I'm hungry. If I must pick, I get watermelon or strawberries. Drink lots of water, it'll fill you up. Exercise wise, I'm doing 1hr intense cardio per day and 150 ab crunches. I can't do weights at the moment because I had surgery on my arm and can't lift anything....I'll start when I'm well enough to help tone my arms etc

Rose I was thinking of doing that...but then I fancy going shopping nearer the time and actually doing a girly day with friends and not being embarrassed to try anything cos I know it won't fit. I actually bought a coat in Oasis the other day... size 16....I've never ever bought a coat in a normal high street store...:D I'm looking in the mirror and actually smiling... and you know what, men are looking twice and not smirking, but smiling :)

Best of luck for next WI hun xx

Thanks for your replies, your weight losses are amazing.

OTW how do you manage to lose sooo much in 1 week??? What do you eat......

I am taking this one day at a time, I find I eat less if I don't have breakfast too early so waiting till i feel really hungry then will decide wether to have a shake or food!!!

I weigh in Tuesday night but not looking forward to it this week..............

Back