Am getting so bored please HELPI

amethyst

Banned
I came back to slimming world because i like the red days where you kind of low carb but have HE, and this is the best way for me to lose weight (low carb)... I got so fed up with atkins etc..

Anyway, i can not do green days because i gain weight, and am always hungry, i don't fancy EE, so must stick with red days.

BUT i am getting bored of having to syn my flora light, and bisto which i have everyday with nimble toast, and my chicken and veg dinner.. By the time i have syned this i have hardly any left for a treat :(

This is an average day for me:

2x Nimble (flora light) 2xboiled eggs, sometimes quorn sausages, and quorn bacon rashers (Which are syned :()

Tuna, lettuce, tomatoe.

chicken and veg with bisto (sometimes i have quorn sausages instead)

Snacks consist of banana, (not keen on other fruit) and muller light (165g pots strawberry etc, syn free?)

Then i will have 2 x weetabix with milk, or low fat cheese on nimble toast.

But i am gettin so bored :(

Looked in tesco's for these HL meals syn free on red days, all i could find was chicken in tomatoe and basil sauce..?

Please help me, i have untill easter to shift this weight for when i get married! But am scared i wont do it, cus of the boredom..

I suffer with an awfull sweet tooth! aswell as savory sometimes!!!

Strange you mention about red days, the OH and I were just talking about this. If you like your red days then how about making the cheesy meatballs (recipe is in the recipe section) and use a HEXB to make SW chips, its one of my fav red day meals.

Do you mean you eat the same things every day?
It's no wonder you are bored.
Look through the food diaries for inspiration and pick out things that you know you like, there are lots of red day foods and you should vary your meals or you won't stick to it.
Normal, lean bacon is free, use that instead of synning quorn bacon. Have omlettes or SW quiche, grilled fish, steak, stir fries, stews, Morrisons eatsmart pork sausages
Crabsticks, ham, chicken drumsticks for snacks.....................

for red days i make mince and onion using oxo which is now free, and then pasta as HexB,

I make chicken cake which involves slicing chicken breasts putting a layer in a pyrex dish, getting some syn free or low syn sausages (Joes, Morrisons, Bowyers etc) take the meat out of the sausages and put blobs all over the chicken, chop up babybel (3 lights is a HexA) and put all over the sausage meat. Layer some more sliced chicken over the top and then bacon (fat removed) over the top, put in the oven for about 45-1hr and voila chicken cake.

I have it with fried cauliflower (boil cauli drain and fry in frypan with frylight salt and pepper, variation of Albanian dish)

Failing that there is "fryups" using bacon, syn free/low syn sausages, gammon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, and HexB beans.

Gammon egg and green beans

Bolognese with lean mince, onion, garlic, oxo, tomato puree, tinned toms if u want, and whack some veg in, either have it on HexB jacket spud or pasta, or just on its own.

roast dinner, just HexB/syn the roasties and potato, then syn the gravy (4tbsp gravy = 1syn)

theres a few ideas for you hope it helps xx

BUT i am getting bored of having to syn my flora light, and bisto which i have everyday with nimble toast, and my chicken and veg dinner.. By the time i have syned this i have hardly any left for a treat :(

This is an average day for me:

2x Nimble (flora light) 2xboiled eggs, sometimes quorn sausages, and quorn bacon rashers (Which are syned :()

Tuna, lettuce, tomatoe.

chicken and veg with bisto (sometimes i have quorn sausages instead)

Snacks consist of banana, (not keen on other fruit) and muller light (165g pots strawberry etc, syn free?)

Then i will have 2 x weetabix with milk, or low fat cheese on nimble toast.

But i am gettin so bored :(

Looked in tesco's for these HL meals syn free on red days, all i could find was chicken in tomatoe and basil sauce..?

Hi,
Okay, a few things here - firstly vary what you eat!!
You are probably not bored of synning your flora light and bisto - you want to use those syns for other things and are reluctant to use them for these things! Bisto is a couple of syns and flora light is 2.5 for 10g which leaves you ten syns for the rest of the day.

Why not have fried or poached eggs and put them straight on the toast instead of using spread? It may seem dry at first but you soon get used to it. Or use tinned tomatoes? Or spread thinly with quark? Use real bacon not quorn stuff and then you won't have to syn it.

Why do you need ready meals? There are some wonderful syn free recipes on here - how about a curry or a casserole made with stock cubes and not gravy granules? Serve with roasted butternut squash and tons of veg.

There is so much food available on SW, the one thing you shouldn't be getting is bored!! Have a look in people's food diaries for some inspiration.

I would get fed up if I ate the same thing every day!
Hope this helps a little.

Grrrr - lost my stupid wireless connection, and therefore my brilliant and insightful post ;) so, instead, have this one!

Today I am on a red day and so for lunch I had a 4 egg omelette with mushrooms and bacon.
For tea I will be making what I call my messy mince lol which is lean mince cooked together with onions, mushrooms, mixed herbs, Worcester sauce (2 table spoons), same of tomato purée, tin on asda's tomatoes with galic and maybe a spoonful of gravy granules to thicken. I'll be serving it when green beans and my HE B of potatoes.

For snacks, so far, I've been having strawberries today.

I'll still have two HE A and one B choice for later...

For help with your sweet tooth.......

Why not make a HUGE bowl of mousse? Only 1.5 syns for the whole lot. (sugar free jelly + muller light)

I usually use either the strawberry or raspberry sugar free jelly, and match it with a strawberry or cranberry/raspberry Muller light.

To make:

Put about 1/2 pt of water into the fridge to cool.
Make up the jelly with only 1/4 pt of boiling water in a jug.
Add the cooled water and make the jelly up to the 3/4 pt mark. (I only cool the water so that it sets quicker!!)
Pour into a large bowl and then refrigerate.
When the refrigerated jelly is partly set (still a little runny, but with a bit of 'body' to it) take it out of the fridge, and add the Muller of your choice.
Then whisk (use electric beaters). Whisk some more. And some more.
The whole thing 'fluffs up'.
Pour into containers of your choice and refrigerate. Or just put the whole bowl back in the fridge if you don't plan on sharing it. I don't!!

Switch to Flora Extra Light which is only 1 syn for 10g and tastes nice! Quorn bacon rashers (chilled) are only 1/2 syn for the pack. But like someone said, just use bacon as it's free on red! Instead of Bisto can you have bovril or marmite, both of which are free?

You definitely need to vary what you're eating. Check out the Pics thread of what people are having for their meals. You'll get some yummy ideas from there!

I made the chicken cake & it was delicious, will be making that again. I also think it will work well with Turkey, it sort of reminded me of Christmas :)

Thank you for a brilliant recipe.

Im not going to take all the credit for the recipe as I found it on here but cant remember who it was that thought it up:eek::eek:

It is yummy, iv read that some people have used various Joe;s flavored sausages and chicken, or added (synned of course) stuffing into it...that would make it more like a Xmas lunch lol

Glad you enjoyed it tho, I have to wait until I can get more chicken breasts to do my next one :(

Oooh, I made the mousse and can't stop eating it - it's gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing that gem of a recipe :)

I usually use either the strawberry or raspberry sugar free jelly, and match it with a strawberry or cranberry/raspberry Muller light.

To make:

Put about 1/2 pt of water into the fridge to cool.
Make up the jelly with only 1/4 pt of boiling water in a jug.
Add the cooled water and make the jelly up to the 3/4 pt mark. (I only cool the water so that it sets quicker!!)
Pour into a large bowl and then refrigerate.
When the refrigerated jelly is partly set (still a little runny, but with a bit of 'body' to it) take it out of the fridge, and add the Muller of your choice.
Then whisk (use electric beaters). Whisk some more. And some more.
The whole thing 'fluffs up'.
Pour into containers of your choice and refrigerate. Or just put the whole bowl back in the fridge if you don't plan on sharing it. I don't!!

Wow!!! Doing this!! x

Am I missing something here? Your doing red days and are bored? All those different meats and free vegetables and fruit and your are bored. That must take some doing hun lol.
Why are you eating the same thing? Do you cook at all or are you inexperienced? I just don't understand what your doing, or not doing as the case may be. Have a look through the recipe section on here, look through cook books and adapt recipes, check out recipe sites on the tinternet. You shouldn't be bored after that.

How about using your Hexa lc triangles instead of butter? Also you seem to be using alot of quorn, Do you not eat red meat or fish?

Perhaps it would help to try some of the recipes from the magazine, or website. I haven't touched gravy on this plan since I don't know when! I use lots of soy and worcester sauce... does the job for me.

Have you tried options hot choc for a treat at 2 syns? they are also lovely mixed into 0% total yogurt! I am also going to try the carrot cake recipe from the website for my syns tomoro - should sort out my sweet tooth!

Hope you manage to add some variety and have a great loss!

Back