Am I eating enough?

frankied

Silver Member
Had my fourth weight in today only 0.5lbs off and HAVE stuck to the plan. My Consultant said she thought I wasn't eating enough (No food diary tho) and to snack more as I'm only eating fruit at most between meals, but I'm worried I am eating enough and it's was a quick reason she could think of as I am having 15 syns. I don't want to pig out and gain for no reason if it is enough. My BMR is 1920cals and have been walking. (I am going to start food diary again)

Examples of typical day
Breakfast- Light alpen cereal bar-HEB 0.5

Lunch- Back pieces of bacon- 6 to 8 (fat removed)
2 to 3 eggs, Green beans, Whole baby sweetcorn, Large mushroom

Dinner-Chicken breast topped with reduced fat chedder(42g)-HEA, SW chips, ketchup 2 tbsps 2 syns, green beans, whole baby sweetcorn

Snacks- Light alpen bar -HEB 0.5
Funsize milky way- 3.5 syns, Mars funsize 4 syns, Malteasers funsize 5 syns (evening treats)

Total syns- 14.5

Do people think is she right? If so how far off am I? Or should I carry on as I have been?

Last edited:
If I were you I would probably have around 10 syns a day and then up your fruit/veg intake quite a lot.

Your breakfast doesn't seem very much, if you're working and active during the day you should try and have a bit more for breakfast, maybe add a couple of piece of fruit and a yogurt to the alpen light bar.

If you're doing extra easy then your lunch looks fine but there's no superfree in the evening meal.

If you're doing extra easy then your lunch looks fine but there's no superfree in the evening meal.

Sorry just forgot added it in as I do eat veg

I dont think you are eating enough to be honest. Are you not hungry after having just an alpen bar for breakfast?

You could definitely up your free foods.

Your lunch and main meal are better.

But there could perhaps be more superfree food in your day. You should aim to fill a 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods (fruit or unstarchy veg) - peas, sweetcorn and parsnips don't count as a superfree.

The baby sweetcorn, green beans and mushroom in your lunch/dinner will count towards superfree, but were they are 1/3 of your entire meal?

For an idea, visualise this as your plate. 2/3 can be made up of free foods, but a at least a 1/3 of your plate where ever possible should be superfree foods. What this does is makes sure you are not overindulging on the higher caloried free foods, such as carbs and proteins.

EEPLATE.jpg

Also by your ticker you have lost 9lbs in 4 weeks, is that right? That is a good weight loss, you shouldn't ever be disappointed by a 0.5lb loss, it is still a loss and all those 0.5lbs soon add up. Not everybody has big losses every week, it is quite normal to sometimes have a STS or a smaller loss.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Also there is not enough superfree food in your day. You should aim to fill a 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods (fruit or unstarchy veg) - peas, sweetcorn and parsnips don't count as a superfree.

It's whole fresh baby sweetcorn I've checked in book and it says it's supefree.

It is about a 1/3 of my plate- I don't get what I'm doing wrong :(

I lost 1.5lbs the week before I started SW so it's 9.5lbs in 5 weeks, you are right though I know it's still good though, I'm just too much of a perfectionist!

Personally, I would have a huge bowl of fruit in the morning or some cereal instead of an alpen light bar - and then syn the cereal!!!

Remove the snacks of chocolate, and replace with fruit/carrots/healthier snacks!!! still have one, but i think 3 funsize chocs is a waste of syns and not going to fill you up as say, cereal or fruit would - x

I just wanted to add your weight loss to date is excellent - so just take this advice as an optional one, you dont seem to be doing anything wrong and you did lose this week! Even if it wasnt as much as you wanted to.

xxx

Don't panic about a half pound loss one week as the next week you could lose loads, if it's half a pound a week for a few weeks on the trot then that's when you might start to get disappointed, carry on, you're doing great!! xx

Your weightloss is fine. What I agree with the others on is that you aren't having enough for breakfast, and you need to vary your vegetables more. The more variety you have the better.
I'd cut down to one funsize pack too, you're having alot of sweet stuff.
When you start, the more free food you eat the more you lose generally. You could have a SW fry up for brekky and have a slice of toast instead of the alpen bars.

alexisemma31 said:
Doesn't 2 x Alpen light bars = 1 HEXB?

You wouldn't have to syn your second one if I'm right

Don't think anyone has said about counting the second one as syns? The OP only had 14.5syns which she listed? Unless I'm being really dim I can't see any mention of the alpen lite bars being syns?

Back