Am I eating too much?

Looks good Liz,

The yellow peppers can be a little carby but so far so good it looks to me.

Thanks Jim :)
Actually didn't like them much for some reason, as normally do. Tasted really sweet, more so than usual and had planned to replace with green peppers next time, although they may be the same!

In fact, completely fed up with omelette. Tomorrow I'm going to have scrambled egg, fried mushrooms and tomatoes and some bacon.

Is this your first week on real food???
no dont be leaving us - this diet does work, just quicker for some. im a slow coach on atkins but i love the food.

Been eating real for ages, as came off Cambridge a while ago. 3 weeks ago reduced carbs and started just eating low GI, but suppose only being doing Atkins for about a week. Hearing everyone talk about massive first week losses made me think I was messing up.

Love salad, so will just make sure I eat meat or fish and salad all the time. I like eating like this though, so no going back, but I want to lose loads before my wedding. I need to perfect my Atkinsness!

Its a brilliant way of learning about yr bodys toleration for maintaining as well as being a fab weight loss tool! x

ah ok. you may not have a massive loss this week but it will deffo come off.
when is WI day?

Don't really have one! I just weigh as I go along really. Dad has just invited us for Sunday dinner though, which isn't good! I think I'll call my Mum and do some damage control. They'll be there with their yorkies and roasties. Both my favourite things. Still, like my BF said the other day, this is my medication really, so it's not just a choice. I have to cut out carbs. Might as well face temptation sooner rather than later.

Thanks Vicky. Had good day today so far:

b - 2 scrambled eggs, 3 bacon, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
l - chicken and bacon caesar salad
d - not sure, something with salad!

Woke up this morning with a bit of a dodgy tummy - don't people normally get constipated?! Think maybe my body is clearing itself out. Also down around 2.5lbs since yesterday. Feeling fab still and a bit more positive now that I'm getting help. When you're new to this way of eating you can think you're doing everything right.

Also looked on the Atkins website and it did say some people, including people with insulin problems, can take longer to lose. Even if I only drop 2lbs a week I'll get to goal before wedding and feel good whilst doing it.

Yey thats fab (not about the poorly tummy but you know)
mmm tomatoes :D

Yesterday was okay food wise, but succumbed to some pork scratchings.

b - bacon x3 and eggs x2
s - atkins bar
l - tiny tuna salad (after I dropped half down the sink when draining it)
s - pork scratchings
d - roast chicken and salad

Morning Liz. :)

morning :D at least the scratchings are legal x

Oh Liz be careful with those Atkins bars...They stalled me!! I now vow to buy one a week and have a treat on a friday/Sat!! XX

FRANKENFOODS!! :D

I found I could have them but only as a meal replacement so had them if u went out for the day. Definitely couldn't have them as an extra snack cos the stalked me too

Xxx

I try to stay away from anything sweet at all, cos once i start i cant stop!

Thanks guys! Will avoid. They are just so lovely though!!!

Weighed this morning and still haven't lost anything of any significance! It's still around 5lbs in the last 3 weeks, which is no good. I have to admit to losing more on WW, although don't want to do that as still want to not have any carbs.
So have decided to go back to CD. Have to - went to bridal shop and got measurements done. Need to lose 9inches on hips, 8 inches on waist and 5 on chest! Not going to be able to go for fittings in the New Year if I don't get some big initial losses.

Thanks everyone for all your support and help thus far. I will be coming back, but it seems to be great for slow losses/maintaining for me. Not sure how everyone manages such huge initial losses and wish I had time on my side as I love the way of eating. Keep my seat warm please!

seat reserved!

i too am not experiencing the huge losses some are managing, but i have time on my side to pursue what is, as you say, a great way of easting that does reduce in time.
all the best on CD, hope you get your inch loss, have a super wedding, then come back and join us!

Back