Amy's "kick up the bum" diary!

AmyS

is on the road to Slimdon
Hey all.

I used to do a diary ages ago but then stopped updating it!

Could do with a kick up the bum and need to keep myself on track so thought I would write it all down so you lot can help me!

I have lost 3 stone so far doing Extra Easy but have found myself slipping a bit recently so gonna try a few new things over the next few weeks hopefully to get some more weight off!

Wish me luck!

xx

Last edited:
OK after quite a bad Fri and Sat (2 meals out and wine!) I am drawing a line under it and starting afresh today.

I have only done Extra Easy since I started last October but am going to do a few Red days this week.

Here is todays diary.....

Breakfast - Chopped pear, satsuma and raspberries with a strawberry activia.
Lunch - 56g of cheddar (2HEA) with 2 wholemeal toast (HEB), banana
Snack - Grapes, Hi-fi (HEB), a few thorntons chocs (10 syns)
Tea - Pork Chop with lots of veg. Gravy (3 syns)

Total Syns 13.

More red days to follow this week - never done before so any advice gratefully received!!

xx

Monday 2nd - Red Day

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA) with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Banana

Snack - 2 Plums

Lunch - Grilled Chicken with Salad

Snack - Grapes

Tea - Minced Beef made with beef stock and balsamic vinegar with onions, carrot and peas served with with lots of veg.

Syns and other HEB to be decided!!

Edit - I had a few Thorntons chocs (12) and a splash of gravy (2) on my dinner.
Had HEB of new potatoes as was cooking them for OH anyway.

xx

Last edited:
Well done on your 3 stone loss so far!
I was going to say that you could have had some meats with your sandwich yesterday (turkey, ham, tuna). Many people who are on red days are trying the fish weeks and are having some success, so you may also want to try adding some (if you like it). Good luck and will be popping in again soon :)

hey honey - if you are doing red days - ive started having quorn for lunches, and also SW quiche - both are filling and on plan :) xxxx

Hey both!

Thanks for dropping by.

Good idea on adding extra ham/tuna to cheese on toast! Might try that!

Ellebear, I usually make a quiche at a weekend to take with me to nibble on while I am teaching dancing on a saturday - you are right that it is filling and yummy! Did a ham broccoli and cheese one last week. Any leftovers I can then use up in the week - although with my sister pinching it too there usually isn't much!!

Also have some quorn steaks in the fridge so might use them up tomorrow - what would you have with them? Salad?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!!

xx

Diary for today.......Red day

Trying to cut down on syns a bit to make up for weekend slightly before Thursday WI! Hasn't happened for the last 2 days as been munching Thornton Chocs but they are all gone now so no more temptation!

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HEB) with milk (HEA) topped with satsuma, blueberries and raspberries.

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Minced beef from last nights dinner with green beans and broccoli.
Shape zero yoghurt.

Snack - Plums/grapes. Fibre Plus (HEB)

Going bowling with work tonight (Body Magic!!! hehe!) so hoping Fibre plus will keep me going until I get home. No way will I be eating the greasy burgers and chips. Diet coke all the way!

Tea - Chicken with stir fry veg. with BBQ sauce (3 syns)

Just hope I can stick to this plan now!!

xx

I have the Quorn burgers or sausages with some melted cheese and mushrooms or light mayo - and yeah a side salad would be good = but i tend not to buy salad cos it just goes off in my house!!! LOL! xxx

Peas are only free on green and EE! same for sweetcorn and other startchy veggies xxx

Thanks Allie - I do know this about the peas but always forget as I usually do EE!! Thanks for the reminder.

I don't really like sweetcorn anyway so rarely have it!

Anyway just looked up syns for peas on a red day - 1 syn per 28g.

In my meal there wasn't many peas at all so probably count 1 syn and be ok! Don't think it will affect my weight loss but definitely a good thing to bear in mind!!

Thanks again hun!

xx

I was a good girl yesterday at bowling!

Had a large diet coke through bowling and actually had a really good time! Even managed a score of 113!! Total fluke though.

After bowling about half the group were staying to go to the chinese buffet. I made my excuses that I had tea waiting at home (well kinda!) so left! Big Angel points for me!!

Feel really good about it today and positive about another 100% day in the lead up to WI tomorrow!

Todays menu - Red day again!

Breakfast - Was meant to be magic porridge but forgot to do it last night! So had 2x Weetabix (HEA and HEB) topped with pineapple, blueberries and raspberries.

Snack - banana

Lunch - 2 quorn peppered steak topped with cheese (HEA) with green beans and broccoli (Thanks Ellebear for the idea!). Shape zero yoghurt.

Tea - to be decided! Need to search for some ideas!

Just been to Tesco at lunch to get some bits and pieces and got the tin of stewing steak that is free on red! Might have that for tea tonight with lots of veggies (but no peas!!)

Also, may I just add that lunch was fab! really enjoyed it more than I thought I would and feel super full now! Ready for an afternoon of meetings!

xx

well done - was it at 5 ways? i love the buffet there - and F&B's!!! its terrible! well done again - very impressed! xxxx

We went to Star City last night! Usually go to the 5 ways one for cinema - oh and the gym supposedly! I can walk there from my flat!

Its is quite bad foodwise, don't forget about the dominos at the back! We have eaten in Apres a few times as I could have steak and jp with salad!

xx

Hope the WI scales reward you after skipping that chinese buffet- that takes a lot of determination so well done!

Thanks Meli!

Had the tinned steak with broccoli and green beans for tea. Filled me up nicely.

Had 40g bar white chocolate for supper (11 syns-eek!-worth it tho!) and a Muller light strawberry cheesecake as a snack (1 syn) so 12 syns for the day.

WI tonight so fingers crossed for a loss..........

Anyway food for today - Not decided if Red or Extra Easy yet - will see how day goes and what I fancy for tea!

Breakfast - Chopped pear, pineapple, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries with activia yoghurt.

Snack - Banana, grapes.

Lunch - Grilled chicken breast with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion and beetroot.

Then nothing until WI!!!

Wish me luck!

xxxx

You can tell its WI day - all i'm thinking about is food - even though i've only just finished my lunch!

Think i might go Extra easy today so I can have SW chips with tea tonight. No dancing tonight as the hall is having floor done so will have lots of time after group to cook!

Mmmmmm chips!!!!!

xx

Guess what??...............I lost 2.5lbs and got SOW!!! Whoop mega chuffed now!

As a treat after WI I have just had fish and chips.....but homecooked the SW way! Just 1 syn for the ketchup!

Going to have a fibre plus bar for pudding as not had any HE's yet!
Edit* Also had a cadbury light mousse for 3 syns. Total for today = 4 syns.

Think the red days helped this week so going to do the same next week. I have a few meals out this weekend (hopefully not much drink though!) so will do EE until sunday then have a blitz of red to take me back to WI!

xx

Last edited:
Back