An erratic diary!

That's good. Keep focussed!

Oh I'm so sorry about your break up, it's so difficult to stay motivated when you want nothing more than to comfort eat. And I too had some spotting which is strange for me as I'm on a progesterone only pill and usually never have anything close to a period. Could it be the very low calorie diet?
i was also on a plateau for six days until yesterday, am wondering if there's a hormonal link between the spotting and fluid retention? Anyway, persevere, and remember it is impossible with such a large calorie deficit to NOT lose weight eventually.
i hope you're not too sad tonight, take care of yourself Quixotic.

Thank you.
And I'm on the same pill, which is why it's quite so annoying. I've read that it's a typical side effect with rapid weight loss.
I'm doing okay, though. As others have said, the results will be worth it. :)

So, after worrying what weigh in day would be like, it looks like that plateau has shifted a bit, cos I'm down to 16st10.4, which is a nice shift since I last weighed myself. I'm quite happy with that, and happier still because I can wear one of my favourite skirts which I stopped being able to fit in, and for the first time in quite a while, can do the zip all the way up. So, I think today's going to be a good, confident day.

That's a brilliant loss - very nearly a stone in two weeks! And it's nice to be able to fit into your favourite clothes, as well. Well done.

So, after worrying what weigh in day would be like, it looks like that plateau has shifted a bit, cos I'm down to 16st10.4, which is a nice shift since I last weighed myself. I'm quite happy with that, and happier still because I can wear one of my favourite skirts which I stopped being able to fit in, and for the first time in quite a while, can do the zip all the way up. So, I think today's going to be a good, confident day.

Well done. Keep it up. It's brilliant when you start to see the difference!!!! :)

That's great! There is nothing more satisfying than trying on clothes and having them fit again - better than going shopping I think. Like getting new clothes without spending money! Although how fabulous to be able to sew. I imagine if you sew a bustle you can sew pretty much anything. What a fascinating job.

My husband dragged me to see Star Trek on Saturday night by the way - not sure if you like sci-fi. I thought it lacked the wit of the first film, but to be honest I spent he evening fixated on food! Still think I wouldn't recommend it- if you can't escape into a film to not stop thinking about what you'd like to be eating, it's not true escapism. The Exante test of a good film!

Keep up the good work

Agreed completely! There's something wonderful about being able to go: 'Hm, I like that dress, think I'll make one like it later!'

I'm a massive sci-fi fan, and agree with you completely. I enjoyed it, but I think it lacked a lot of the fun of the first film and ended up being a little slapstick in its humour. That, and I don't know if you've seen the original series, but they stole a really poignant moment from it and switched it around, which kind of cheapened both in my opinion. But Benedict Cumberbatch was pretty amazing, as always, and I have a bit of a weak spot for him, so I find he tends to make most series/films better by being in them. :D

Sadly, I have to come off diet for a little bit since I have a kidney infection, so I think my week off will have to start now, and then be picked up again on Monday once I've got rid of it.
It's a bit annoying, but there's nothing much I can really do about it except maintain as best I can and try and shake the infection so I can get back on plan.

Totally agree with the whole fitting-into-old-clothes-again thing. It's such a thrill. New clothes are great too. But with your old ones you actually have that feeling of achievement. I put on a skirt on Thursday which I could just about squeeze into before, couldn't dream of actually wearing it let along get the zip up :rolleyes:
But it fitted really well and boy was I chuffed!
Haven't seen the Star Trek yet, will do soon, mainly for Benedict Cumberbatch :D

Aw, I really feel for you with your kidney infection, it can be so miserable. Hope you're not feeling too rough with it. Get well soon!!

Oh you poor thing! Cystitis is horrendous - I used to have recurrent infections for some unknown reason and it was a torment. My advice is to be kind to yourself, eat some healthy food (plenty of cranberry juice and also Barley water according to a GP friend of mine) and hope it settles soon. You've had a rough week between the break up and now UTI! Maybe a few duvet days and a box set of DVDs.

i agree completely Benedict made the film, he was superb and whilst not classically good looking, there is something very sexy and smouldering there. I enjoy sci-fi (and fantasy too - I live in Northern Ireland so really enjoying Game of Thrones) but must confess not as much of a fan of the old Star trek series so can't comment on their plagiarism. I did find some of the writing a bit clunky in the film too though. Sci-fi should seem natural but to me there were moments of pure cheesiness which didn't amuse - it seems to me the English actors make the dialogue so much more natural than the Americans.

hope you feel better soon, enjoy your week off the shakes!

Thank you! I'm still sticking to shakes for breakfast, but am having to eat real food (and drink cranberry juice like water!) so I'm quite off plan. I think I might not weigh in at all this week, and just weigh for week four once I'm back on it, that way I don't have to see what I've put back on!

I'm a massive sci-fi and fantasy fan, not much of a fan of the Original Star Trek, but it's just one very specific, rather famous scene that they screwed around with, and the original was so serious and upsetting when it was first done, and it was just a bit cheesy in the new film.

And yes, Game of Thrones is awesome. I read the books not too long before the series was announced (I seem to have really good luck on that front!) so it was really fun watching it having the books really fresh in my mind. The first season was brilliantly faithful to them too...

It's definitely been a couple of duvet days over here. Have had some time off work, and I've mostly been reading/playing games/sleeping. It's got to the point where I want to feel better and go back to work though. Getting rather bored of not going anywhere!

Ah well, my course of antibiotics ends today and I'm feeling better - but antibiotics wipe me out quite a lot, so am taking one more day and then back to normality tomorrow!

Hi Quixotic. Sorry to hear you aren't so well. I hope you are soon back to full health and back on plan!

Feeling much better today, so I'm switching another meal out for an exante product and just having fish and veg in the evening, so I hope it won't be too hard to get back on plan this weekend!

Pleased to hear you're feeling better!

Hi Quixotic,
How are you feeling now? I completely agree about the antibiotics- they sometimes make you feel worse than the infection they're treating. I have also decided to come off total solution for the last week (hence the weight plateau - I hope) largely because I was craving real food too much. I find I can cope well with two meal replacement products twice a day, then make myself a huge salad with chicken or prawns at night. Work can be tough without having something to look forward to when i come home! I actually feel physically better this week, and whilst the weight loss will inevitably slow down I'm happier and feel less antisocial. I'm thinking now I'll dip and out of complete replacement. Having a stone off has already made me feel more motivated so the total solution has been a great kick start.

Have you watched Game of Thrones recently? I won't give it away if you haven't but the wedding scene left my husband and I completely stunned - I only managed to read one and a half of the books before the series commenced so was utterly shocked. I'm itching for the next series to start already! And speaking of your love of sci-fi, have you seen the new Will Smith film yet? Would you recommend it?

Hello! Feeling much, much better now - I had to take a couple more days into the week than I'd wanted because I needed an extended course of antibiotics, but I'm back on plan now fully as of today. :)

Was having a brilliant day getting back into the swing of things, right up until a coworker decided to quiz me on my diet and why I thought it was a good idea, and did I realise that 600 calories was really low, etc, etc. He actually insisted on seeing the packets so that he could see the percentage of protein in each shake - and explained that he did Sport Science, so he knows about all of these 'fad diets', and basically gave me a lecture in front of everybody in the middle of a working day.

Which...actually made me want to hit him.

I instead just drank the rest of my shake in silence and ignored him, but it was particularly charming of him.

I agree with you Gobbelicious about the working solution being lots less antisocial, but think I want to head for that second stone before I drop into it instead, especially since I've already really had a week of it!

I haven't been watching Game of Thrones, but I've read all of the books, so I know what you're talking about. I bet it was a shock! :D
I think in the books, you sort of sense it being about to happen, but I hear in the series there wasn't any warning!

Glad you're feeling better, Quixotic. It seems rather rude of your co-worker to attack your eating choices like that! I haven't told anyone apart from my husband and daughter that I am doing a VLCD (my son will be home from uni tomorrow so I'll have to tell him as well), and I think that is because I am afraid of the reaction I might get. I know that my extended family won't approve, and that my friends would think I was both mad and a killjoy. My mother knows that I'm trying to lose weight, but I haven't been specific about the method I'm following - she hasn't seen me at meal times for a few weeks, so she might even think that I have given up the diet attempt already! :D

Hello! Feeling much, much better now - I had to take a couple more days into the week than I'd wanted because I needed an extended course of antibiotics, but I'm back on plan now fully as of today. :)

Was having a brilliant day getting back into the swing of things, right up until a coworker decided to quiz me on my diet and why I thought it was a good idea, and did I realise that 600 calories was really low, etc, etc. He actually insisted on seeing the packets so that he could see the percentage of protein in each shake - and explained that he did Sport Science, so he knows about all of these 'fad diets', and basically gave me a lecture in front of everybody in the middle of a working day.

Which...actually made me want to hit him.

I instead just drank the rest of my shake in silence and ignored him, but it was particularly charming of him.

I agree with you Gobbelicious about the working solution being lots less antisocial, but think I want to head for that second stone before I drop into it instead, especially since I've already really had a week of it!

I haven't been watching Game of Thrones, but I've read all of the books, so I know what you're talking about. I bet it was a shock! :D
I think in the books, you sort of sense it being about to happen, but I hear in the series there wasn't any warning!

What a pretentious wally! I bet he's an expert on everything. Just ignore him and get on with your diet.

And after far too long, properly back on track. :D

I've only just managed to shift the weight I put back on during my week on antibiotics, and am now back to the same place I was at 16st10lb, and ready to lose more.
I'm looking forward to watching that next stone boundary vanish behind me as soon as possible. :)

How are you? How's the diet going?

Back