An Introduction

Hi Ladies and Gents, I joined WW yesterday after years of constant yo yo dieting without real success. At the moment im on Anti depressants and suffering terribly it appears to be a vicious cycle, My current weight is 16st 4lbs and i am 5"7 I have never felt this lonely and scared about my weight. I have been given 37 Pro points to start off on. Today is my first real day and im struggling to focus my attention on preparing my shopping list etc. I just wanted to say hi and any advice would be much welcome. Thank you x:wave_cry:

Welcome Cityredgirl, i am the same height as you but started on WW weighing 8lb more. if your struggling with your shopping list why not look through a couple of the food diaries on here and see if you can get any ideas from them, i often look at what others are eating and then try the meals myself. Dont be to hard on yourself or push yourself too hard otherwise you are going to find it a chore instead of a life change. Take one day at a time at first if that works best for you. I have a whiteboard in the kitchen that i plan my weekly meals on and unless a disaster happens i normally stick to it.
These forums are a great source of support not only for weight loss but for other problems in life so hopefully we can all help you on your journey to feel better :)

Hi Cityredgirl!
Good luck with starting ww, and well done on making positive changes in your life! You will soon get used to the pp system. I agree planning meals is a must! and also stock up on lots of zero point fruit and veg :) xxx

Ive been sat here reading this forum for hours now and ive still not started on my shopping list and meal planner, god i hate being so distracted mentally. I was also thinking how many PP are the Muller Rice Toffee and Banana pots? xx

Hey CityRed

Take pride in yourself that you have made a start. I was 16 stone three years ago and through my own willpower I am down to 13st 10lbs now but realised that it's tol hard on my own and have started weightwatchers.

Give yourself credit and look to the future :)

Hey! Im starting on Monday and am trying to get my head around the shopping lists too! I am doing it online, so will need some motivation with no group to go to.

I seem to spend my life either on a diet (usually a VLCD) or just over eating. I need to eat healthily and normally!

Good Luck hun ......... shout if you want encouragement!

Back