An unusual birthday weekend!

chocko1

Gold Member
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anyone can help me, as I've run out of ideas! Each year I try to do something a bit different for my OH's birthday and it usually involves going away for a weekend somewhere. To mention a few, I've already taken him on a barge, stayed in a castle and booked a railway carriage on a Welsh cliff-top, overlooking the sea but this year, I'm stuck for ideas.
The thing that slightly restricts us too is that he's an extremely busy driving instructor so, when we do go away for a weekend, he doesn't like travelling too far as he's sick of being in a car - we'd usually go about 75 miles.
Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated! His birthday's not until the beginning of September so it's not too urgent, although I'd have to get something booked up.
Thanks in anticipation of any ideas. xx

What about a "glamping" camp weekend in a yurt in Herefordshire? Could combine it with some nice walks, canoeing, caving, rafting, cider drinking!

20111215135236.jpg

Thanks Ceebeee and Happy Holidays! Hadn't thought about glamping - that's definitely one to consider and Herefordshire is a beautiful area.

Yes, he does drink whisky, Happy Holidays but he isn't really much of a drinker so couldn't really make a weekend of it but, thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

Kathy x

Back