Anaemia

KoKo88

Silver Member
Hey,

I've been feeling pretty rough the last week of so, it's been TOTM almost constantly since the start of Jan, I'm constantly run down and the past few days my mouth has got really sore in the corners - I'm beginning to look like The Joke!

I went to see my cousin today who mentioned my mouth (it's vvvvv obvious) and she's a nurse. She said it's a sign of anaemia and had I had any other issues. She's pretty sure that's what it is, and im scared about what will happen with SS-ing if it is!

Anyone had similar?

I wouldn't have thought that the anaemia would be caused by Cambridge as it has the recommended dose of iron in it, and I would imagine that iron supplements would help you out. (Though I have no medical knowledge whatsoever, so wouldn't trust just me).

The TOTM comment is more concerning and could very well be related to the anaemia as they are linked. Pop yourself off to the doctor to be on the safeside, if you can get you TOTM sorted I think you will find the anaemia sorts itself. I wouldn't have thought Cambridge would be the cause as usually it would reduce TOTM not increase. If you have just come off some sort of contraception this may have caused it.

Hope you sort it out soon.

Hi, I have just had a blood test come back with low iron levels. The Dr didn't even ask about diet, but did ask about TOTM (I do suffer with heavy periods). I have started taking a supplement from Boots (cheaper over the counter than via a prescription) and will go back for another blood test in 6 weeks. I don't have anaemia, but I am at the lowest end of the scale for what is considered normal.
The Dr doesn't seem concerned so ill just plod on. I only found out because I wanted to donate blood platelets!

So it's ok to have blood tests?

I'll see what they say tomorrow and hope that the results don't come back too low - Thank you x

I can't see any reason not to do blood tests on SS, if in doubt though talk to you CDC / Nurse / Doctor. I've done blood donation on SS+ and lived to tell the tale :)

Ahh I was told blood donation was a big no-no on SS/SS+, I think I was told to move up to 1200 a week before and a week after. Hopefully they can do a prick test, I've never been anaemic, not even in pregnancy.

My finger prick test before the blood donation was ok, showed I had enough iron to donate. It was only because they did a proper test it showed low iron.
Fingers crossed you will be fine :)

I've had the soreness at the corners of my mouth too, no idea that it meant anything! Am off to the docs as I have found some purpuric spots (bleeding under the skin) which has me a bit scared as it could indicate low platelet count. I just hope I don't have to come off CWP as it is going so well!

Me neither until my cousin said!

I've felt a lot better, just a dodgy mouth still. Lots of vaseline!

Back