and back to normality :)

harriet2

serial poster
I thought id move over from refeeding to this part of the LT forum cause im using it more as a diary and so here i am!

im planning on listing most of the things i eat down for the forseeable future so i can see what im doing and where i go right/wrong.

-ive decided to have two main for a while and one meal a day
-i find this easier during the week when i just dont get time to go home, walk the dog and then prepare a meal, ill do that in the evening.
-i still plan on drinking at least 2 1/2lts a day, more if i need it obviously
-i dont really mind if i dont lose any more weight but i really dont want to put any on.
-ill use this too as logging my running and how i eat before and afterwards
-im trying to stop myself from weighing all the time so ill start doing this from this saturday.
-if i go wrong i will try not to beat myself up about it!

thats all i can think of for now but reckon its enough to be going on with lol

h x

so today ive had b- main whip, l - main bar, d - bagel with a baked chicken breast, mixed salad

before running - bowl of fruit with ff greek yogurt.

out today for a 2 1/2 mile run this evening

h x

Last edited:
any comments would be greatly received :)

h xxx

Hey Harriet.
Just getting my subscription in ;)

Looking good so far and you sound positive :)

thanks tanya..im trying to be lol

h x hows the toe?

Its ok thanks chick - im giving it a few days rest now though.

How was your run today?x

Good luck in maintaining, this is where it gets tougher.......lol. Just follow a sensible diet and you should be fine.

Its ok thanks chick - im giving it a few days rest now though.

How was your run today?x

yeah fine thanks. its 1 1/4 miles to the nearest hamlet of basically a farm, a couple houses and a church and back :) a busy road though for a lane so gotta watch my back ...a bit of a gradient going back but otherwise fine. oh n forgot my water bottle silly mare lol

are you doing that app that teaches you how to progress from nothing to a 5k? how are you finding it?

h x

Good luck in maintaining, this is where it gets tougher.......lol. Just follow a sensible diet and you should be fine.

tell me about it. i lost 70lbs a couple years ago through lt but through my own silly fault put most of it back on.

im now here again but feel differently this time and yes, I WILL SUCCEED!

h x

Hey Harriet!
Well done on your fantastic loss and for recognising that maintenance aint no walk in the park but something to be worked at. It's also good what you say about not beating yourself up if you go wrong. If we do that we can often fall into the "oh well I've blown it now ... what else can I have" mindset which isn't a particularly constructive one!

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on :D x

You have done so so well, many congrats on your success so far :D.

You seem so dedicated on the running, I really wish I could have some of your motivation.:p

I'm confussled about how to go about maintenance after re-feed. I'm going onto day 3 of my refeed tomorrow (baked spud day :) ) but after this I'm kinda thinking that 2 shakes and a meal per day would be handy for me. :confused:

I'm not sure. I'm totally freaking out about putting on any of the weight again, I didn't go through all of that to pile it on again. :cool:

I have to be extra prepared - I'm a police officer so eat on the go a LOT - so in a way the shakes are handy for me as they are quick to prepare. Also have got some meal replacement myoplex protein bars which I thought would come in handy. In your experience would a mixture of this and low GI be a good way forward?

Sorry to be a pain in the butt asking all these questions but as I said there is no way I'm ruining it by doing things wrong

As long as you stick to refeed to the letter you will then be able to just follow a healthy eating plan without gaining any weight. IMHO low GI/GL is good as you're fuller for longer but any healthy plan will work.
You will only regain if you overeat. Simple fact :)

Try to relax about it if you can, it's only fuel (HaHa - how easy is that to say ;)!!) Best of luck xx

Aw ta, I'm being neurotic about the whole thing I think.
Sorry H for hijacking your thread!!

I think it's easy to get a bit paranoid. We go without 'proper food' for so long it's hard to see how we can go back to it without undoing all our good work. Especially as there are always people who will tell us that using a vlcd won't work in the longrun ... well it can! I'm still maintaing 13 months post Lipotrim SO THERE!! (to all of them!) :D xx

weighed myself this morning (last time im telling myself before my once a week thing) and lost another lb so im v v pleased about that.

this having two main and a meal is working out really really well for me. as i said i just dont get time when i go home lunchtimes so knowing ive got something i can just eat on the go whilst im sorting out the dog, doing a bit of ironing etc before i go back to work means a lot and also knowing its nutritious and doing me good takes a lot of the pressure off :)

ok today b - main choc whip, l - main bar, d - will update later on.

on my days off i plan on having a normal meal at lunch time unless im out but will see how it goes.

i took heidi back to the vets last night and the vet is pleased with her eye so far so gotta take her back in a weeks time. shes on two lots of pills and eye drops every so many times a day, with a lampshde on her noggin so every time she wants to eat or drink its the same old slog of having to get it off, get her to drink etc without rubbing her eye! all good fun but as long as she doesnt lose her eyesight i dont care really :) poor baby

h x

Hey Harriet!
Well done on your fantastic loss and for recognising that maintenance aint no walk in the park but something to be worked at. It's also good what you say about not beating yourself up if you go wrong. If we do that we can often fall into the "oh well I've blown it now ... what else can I have" mindset which isn't a particularly constructive one!

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on :D x
thanks jan. i very often come and have a look at your maint diary but never felt i could say anything as i felt so down on myself before. now i will if thats ok. your comments are great. v frank sometimes and wish i could be like that lol

h x

Last edited:
Glad pup is doing well, good job you've got insurance, that'll end up costing a small fortune!

Ta for the advice hun, xx

Glad pup is doing well, good job you've got insurance, that'll end up costing a small fortune!

Ta for the advice hun, xx

the balance is up to £300.00 and rising!

h x

Back