And now the good bit......Maintaining!

Oopsie, had a bit of a choccie blowout last night....31 syns worth! Luckily doesnt happen that often, but it means Im well over my syns for this week, but im only really noticing it because im counting in the wine syns that I dont normally do! So out of curiousity im seeing if it makes much of a difference on WI day being so over the 105 weekly syns as it might balance itself out cos I sometimes dont have a hex????? Certainly wouldnt advocate doing this, but lets just see how it pans out.
Have another portion of lamb rogon josh in the fridge, bit im a bit meated out, so might have a veggie day and probably do need to have a few low syn days if I can, but I wont deprive myself.
Change of plan.....having the Rogon Josh!

Tuesday July 30th
EE

B : Melon, pineapple, strawberries and Greek light yogurt
L : Lamb Rogon Josh with Basmati rice
D :

HexA : Milk
HexB :

Syns : Rogon Josh 8, Greek light yogurt 1, - Wkly Tot /105

Snacks : Nectarines, banana and plums

Exercise : None

( 51 ) Days on Plan til Holiday : 28/28

Last edited:
Well Im ashamed to say I had a complete blowout on food yestereday and ate everything in site! I do this every couple of months or so, normally when the hormones are raging/feeling down/in pain and at the moment I have all 3! Im very menopausal with hot flushes/sweats and doped up on painkillers, so really not in a good place! BUT, that is no excuse and I will not let everything that is going on health wise jeopardise my weight loss/maintainance. I really need to get a grip and get out and do some walking at least, as getting fat isnt going to help my neck/back problems is it!!!
Have a taken a Chili out for dinner , so will have that with some brown rice and if I can bother my arse to walk into town , I'll do a smallie salad with it.

Wednesday July 30th
EE

B : Melon, pineapple and Greek light yogurt
L : Onion, mushroom, tomato, potato and broccoli Frittata with Baked Beans
D : Chili and wm rice

HexB :

Syns : Greek light yogurt 1, 1tsp olive oil 2, Rice cakes 3, Hot Choc 2 - Tot 8

Snacks : Plums, nectarine and banana

Exercise : 45 min walk

Last edited:
Hope u start feeling better soon xxx

Am pleased to report I had a full day on plan yesterday after my 2 previous days of pigging out! Its out of my system now thank goodness, so will now , hopefully, have 3 full weeks of being angelic before our holidays.
Feeling quite nauseous today tho as just had to take a strong painkiller, so food is not the top of my list. Have taken some chicken breasts out for dinner, so will concoct something with them for dinner, but just fruit for lunch.

Thursday August 1st
EE

B : Coffee
L : Pineapple, banana and Greek light yogurt
D : Chicken in Light Phili/mushroom/onion sauce with potato and sweet potato chips, carrot chips and peas

HexA : Light Phili
HexB : 1tbsp olive oil

Syns : Greek light yogurt 1, Milk 2, Sauce 2 - Tot 5

Snacks : Plum and nectarine

Exercise : Walk into town

Last edited:
Hope the pain eases for you soon Kim.

A blowout every now and then is good for the soul :p maybe less so for the scales but you can always get right back on track xx

Hope the pain eases for you soon Kim.

A blowout every now and then is good for the soul :p maybe less so for the scales but you can always get right back on track xx

Thanks Laura, but unfortunately the pain is here to stay until I can have further investigations to find out whats going on!
Yes I agree a blowout is very good for the soul and sometimes I dont really care what the scales have to say lol!

Official weekly WI today and I lost 0.5lb, which I'm happy with especially after the crappy week I've had with 1 night out, 2 piggy nights, pain meds increasing so bunged up even more and very little exercise! But the pigging out is out of my system now and I've 3 weeks til our holidays, so need to give the final push to drop at least another couple of pounds. If I get back to target of 8.7 I'll be a happy bunny, but with my slow record I'm not holding my breathe!
Im going to make a real concerted effort next week to get out with Charlie everyday and hopefully that will give me the extra push I need....if pain allows! The last 2 times I was off sick with my neck waiting for surgery, I went up to 10.7 stone and I WILL NOT let that happen again. As supportive as hubby is with SW, he did say if food makes me happy why not have what I want, but I know and he knows I cant do that, cos I'll end up overweight again, so this time I want to stay in control and it gives me a focus to maintain this weight.
So today, we're off to do a big shop as the cupboards are bare. Im cooking a Vegetable Makhanawala, but SW style! Will omit the ghee and cream and just add more natural yogurt, so it should work out at 1 syn per portion instead of 10!!! I'll be using olive oil and cashew nuts as a hexb, so fingers crossed it will work out ok! I know it wont taste as rich, but gotta try these things and keeps me occupied and out of mischief inventing new dishes!

*edit* Have just made the Vegetable Makhanawala SW version......absolutely gorgeous and made it for 2 syns with the olive oil and cashew nut paste as a hexb!

Friday August 2nd
Green

B : Coffee
L : Pineapple, banana and Greek yogurt
D : Vegetable Makhanawala with Basamati rice

HexA :
HexB : Olive oil/cashew paste (curry)
HexB :

Daily Syns : Curry 2 -Tot 2
Wkly syns: 2/105

Snacks : Nectarine and plums

Exercise : Walk round Tesco's!

Weight : 8st 10lbs

Last edited:
Official monthly WI was 8st 9.5lbs, a 4lb loss this month! So back in target range and 2.5lb from target!
Off to the Dorset Chili Festival today and its a lovely sunny day. Looking forward to buying lots of lovely 'stuff'! Dinner all ready as having the SW Vegetable Makhanawala again!

Saturday August 3rd
Green

B / L : Fritatta and beans

HexA :
HexB :Olive oil/cashew nut paste (curry)
HexB :

Syns : 1tsp olive oil 2, Vegetable Makhanawala 2, Mixed berry yogurt icecream 4 - Tot 8
Wkly syns : 10/105

Snacks : Plums, nectarine, Mugshot, strawberries

Exercise : 30 min walk with Charlie

Monthly weight: 8st 9.5lbs

Last edited:
Well, the Chilli Festival was very disappointing, cos it was just stalls of people selling various chilli chutneys/jams and food stalls! All I wanted was to buy some chilli's to make my own chilli jam, so in the end bought some for a pound in my local green grocers!
Hubby's on a 200 mile bike ride today, so I'm going to make some Scan Bran muffins and do some housework!
I seem to be struggling to eat my Hexb's at the moment, so have decided if I'm on an EE day I will have an extra HexB and have a sandwich/bread related lunch. It actually aided my weightloss when I was stuck at 8.11 before, so we'll see what happens come Friday with WI if it does help. If I do red/green days I wont add in an extra, as I struggle to eat them on a non hungry day.
*edit* wasn't very hungry so only had egg on toast in the end for lunch, so I might eat the extra hexb later if I'm hungry, but for some reason I'm not at the moment!

Sunday August 4th
EE

B : Fresh grapefruit and banana
L : Egg on toast, 2 plums and a nectarine
D : Chicken in Light Phili sauce and wm rice/peas

HexB : Seeded wm bread
HexB : 1tbsp olive oil

Daily syns: Milk 2, sauce 2, 2 muffins 2, Baked crisps 5, Ripple 9 - Tot 20
Wkly syns : 30/105

Snacks : Strawberries and yogurt

Exercise : 2.2 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Went over on my daily syns yesterday, but not a problem as hadnt had many the days before, so still on track. Feel all bloated today so must try and drink lots. Made some scan bran carrot muffins yesterday, probably my best yet as put some honey in them so they're all lovely and chewy on top. They're also having the desired effect........lol!

Monday 5th August
Green

B : 2 Scan bran muffins
L : Onion, mushroom, tomato and potato Frittata with beans

HexA : Milk and Light Phili
HexA :
HexB : Olive oil/cashew nut paste (curry)
HexB : 2 fruit ryvita

Daily syns : Muffins 3, Olive oil 2, Jam 1, Cadbury Caramel 10 - Tot 16
Wkly syns : 46/105

Snacks : Plum, nectarine, peach, melon, pineapple, strawberries, yogurt

Exercise : None!

Last edited:
Todays food will be the same as yesterdays, but I hope I wont have the munchies like I did yesterday.....must keep myself busier!

Tuesday 6th August
Green

B : 2 scan bran mufffins
L : 3 ryvita with light Phili and tomatoes

HexB : Olive oil / cashew nut paste
HexB : 3 ryvitas

Daily syns : Muffins 3, Olive oil 2, Curry 2, Cadbury Caramel 10 - Tot 17
Wkly syns : 63/105

Snacks : Plum, nectarine, peach, melon, pineapple and yogurt

Exercise : 3.8 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Thought I would have a change from curry today !

Wednesday 7th August
Green

B : 2 scan bran mufffins
L : Melon, pineapple and yogurt
D : Vegetable and tomato pasta bake

HexA :
HexB : Light Phili
HexB : LF cheese

Daily syns : Muffins 3 - Tot 3
Wkly syns : 66/105

Snacks : Melon, pineapple, nectarine, peach and yogurt

Exercise : 3.2 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Today will probably be a repeat of yesterday!
I seem to have done mainly Green this week, a lot of rice and pasta, so if I dont have a decent WI tomorrow, I think I'll try a week of Red next week and see if that makes a difference. I'll be happy with 0.5lb as thats my normal so close to target, but am wandering if the carbs might be a hindrance?! Cant believe I'm fretting about this 8.7 number again, I really must get out of this mindset, but now im off sick again, i do not want to put weight on again like I did the last 2 times......and breathe lol!!!

Thursday 8th August
Green

B : 2 scabran muffins
L : Melon, pineapple and yogurt icecream
D : Vegetable and tomato pasta bake

HexA :
HexB : Light Phili and LF cheese
HexB : Scan bran muffins (1/4)

Daily syns : Muffins 2, yogurt icecream 4, Dairy Milk 10 -Tot 16
Wkly syns : 82/105

Snacks :

Exercise : 3.4 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Try not to worry too much about too many carbs Kim, I usually struggle to lose more when I think about cutting certain free foods out or lowering them then when I just eat what I want but stick to the plan.

Haha-well I'm all for the advice at the minute as my next WI is ages off.... wait until I'm back off my hol and I'll be going crazy with jitters

Worry about that when you get back off your jolly hols, just go and have a good time, cos when you get back we'll have the Xmas Challenge to get our teeth in to lol!

Happy to report a 0.75lb loss today, slow and steady as cant expect much with all drugs I'm putting into my system and not being as active. The scanbran muffins are working their magic most of the time until I bombard my body with horrible painkillers, but needs must. Glad I made a double batch as they're a great breakfast and very filling. Hubby home today and he fancies sausage, chips and beans, so an EE day today.

Friday 9th August
EE

B : Muffins
L : Mugshot and banana!
D : Sausages, potato, sweet potato and carrot chips with baked beans

HexB :

Daily syns : Muffins 3, Sausages 2, chutney 3 - Tot 8
Wkly syns : 8/105

Snacks : Melon, pineapple and yogurt

Exercise : 1.5 mile powerwalk

Wkly weight: 8st 9.25lbs