and so it begins

enteralterego

Hi all. Joined SW yesterday had a look around the website here and found very useful information

I'm on the extra easy plan and with this been my first day though would ask if this sounds alright what ive had

B: Muller Light Orange with Choc sprinkles, Banana
Snack: Banana, Apple
L: Chicken Breast, broccoli, sprouts
D: Gammon, Chicken, 2xFried Eggs, Swede and Carrot mash (tesco light choices) peas
A Choice Semi Skimmed Milk
B Choice 2 warbutons wholemeal bread slices

Also had half a beer at the food and drink festival this aft so sys about 7 at the moment, was told to have 15 but dont feel hungry to have more, should I force myself?

How does this seem?

Thanks for any feedback
Andy

no dont force yrself! I was told 5-15 but often have about 5 (sometimes if that but only to make up for a bad day! or in prep for a meal out the day after) I cant say that SW reccoment it but it hasn't done me harm! x

Saturday 13/08/2011
B: Lean Bacon Grilled, Grilled Tomatoes with 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread as Healthy option B (is this is ok?)
Healthy Option A used for Semi Skimmed milk for a couple of coffee's during day
L: Just had loads of fruit like grapes, bananas, apples as breakfast was a late one
D: Spag bol made using lean mine, Cooked with tinned toms, garlic, onions and chilli's

Then fell of the wagon a little as my wife has made a Key Lime Pie as her father was here, So I had small slice of that, Unsure how to syn it but looks like slices I can see on syn counter are about 15 syns for a small slice

Still trying to get my head around this extra easy plan but think i'm getting there

Decided i'm only jumping on scales once a week so it's killing me wondering how I am doing.
Yesterday was good food wise.
Breakfast: Grill Lean Bacon, 2 Slices wholemeal bread.
Grapes and fruit for snacks
Lunch: Muller banana and Custard (1 syn) and fruit
Dinner: Grilled Chickena and SW chips with loads of veg
Then a few digestives with a coffe to try get my syns up a bit so ended up with a total of 12 syns.

Hi

I think the idea behind the syns is to ensure you don't feel deprived. Also if you hit a plateau you can cut back on syns a bit to get things moving. If your full though don't force yourself to eat them. You can use them in your meals as sauces and gravies.

With EE as long as you have 1/3 superfree with your meals you'll be fine. Just get your head around what's superfree and what's free.

Good luck :)

Hello!
so far so good i would say in terms of your food diary!
the only thing that I would say is the 2 slices of wholemeal bread that you are having, are they the standard size slices or ww size slices? As a HEB is 1 normal slice or 2 ww size slices.
other than that, it looks fab, and dont worry about the key lime pie as we all make mistakes!
keep up the good work!
Charlotte xx

Hello!
so far so good i would say in terms of your food diary!
the only thing that I would say is the 2 slices of wholemeal bread that you are having, are they the standard size slices or ww size slices? As a HEB is 1 normal slice or 2 ww size slices.
other than that, it looks fab, and dont worry about the key lime pie as we all make mistakes!
keep up the good work!
Charlotte xx

They are the 2 slices of 400g size loaf (as stated in the book), had to go find it in supermarket the other day, I also got some ryvita it to mix it up a bit.
I find my lunches at work the hardest thing to make. But think for a few days will have my bread with sliced egg and tomato in.

Food diary looks yummy so far. I agree about the syns 5-15 is recommended but I wouldn't force yourself to eat them if you're not hungry. My old consultant did say that you could do weekly syns max 105 over the week (although she did state this isn't SW guidlines!) it's whatever works for you. Good luck x

15/08/2011
B: Muller Light
Snacks: Bananas, Apple, Grapes, Coffee (with semi skimmed milke HEA)
L: Tuna, peppers, onions on wholewheat toast (HEB) mixed with Light May (2 syns)
T: Spagehetti, Crab Meat, Onions, Garlic, Fresh Chilli and sugar snap peas tossed in a pan with some fry light and some eggs mixed in (such a nice easy quick tea)
S: 1 digestives and a coffee (3.5 syns)
so 5.5 syns used

Also walked for 2.5 miles yesterday for a bit of exercise after been sat in the office all day.
Always start the day with a 1 mile walk to as I figure every little helps

Looking forward to weigh in come Thursday to see if im doing this right and am on the correct way to losing

Plan to have a few more syns today as have got some 50% less fat sausages for tea and the are 2.5 syns each

Looks good!
For lunches at work i sometimes take left overs from the night before. Or quick jacket potato with beans, tuna, salad etc whatever takes yr fancy. A 'spanish tortilla' is good for lunches too.
It can b hard at work, yr doing well so keep it up! x

Really good start, all sounds good to me, lots of variety and fresh fruit and veg plus protein and carbs, some good exercise sessions in there too, good luck for Thursday! SW is great isnt it a real revelation when you are 100% on it

yeah it's great not far off been a week in and i'm finding I can still cook interesting and nice food without the use of fats, butters, oils etc. My portion sizes have never been great but at least I can fill up on the super free foods.

yeah it's great not far off been a week in and i'm finding I can still cook interesting and nice food without the use of fats, butters, oils etc. My portion sizes have never been great but at least I can fill up on the super free foods.

I think that's the best thing about SW, there are still lots of things that you can eat without feeling guilty, and the superfree is great for when you dont have alot of syns left.
Keep up the good work!:)

Filled up with more syns today 14 out of my alloted 15's as we had sausages today.
Didnt walk as much as yesterday but still did the standard mile I do
Tomorrow I plan less syns before weigh day Thursday

I have some Aunt Bessies Carrot and Suede mash, Says it's free when I looked at syns, Guess this also counts as super free foods to? if so will go nicely with some smoked haddock tomorrow for tea

Well a week in and I feel I like this SW malarky, EE is quite easy once I grasped the 1/3 plate full superfree veg, Some days ive used my syns to the total of 15 some days barely managed 5 but ive never gone hungry which I guess is the important thing, 4lbs loss in my first week. Next week does start a bad week for me with my birthday and a wedding, So I will be happy just to maintain, extra happy for any loss, Then September its proper foot to the throttle and see how much I can get off

Hi guys! I'm finding SW ok, done it a few times b4 and stickin at it this time :D

Its this website I find a bit confusing lool

I'm at work and a bit hungover, I made a sandwich for lunch but forgot it!

What shall I have for lunch? I need a plan so I don't get tempted by all the lovely food places round here!! I'm thinking a jacket potato.... any other suggestions??

Cheers,

Holly x

hollyhairdoo said:
Hi guys! I'm finding SW ok, done it a few times b4 and stickin at it this time :D

Its this website I find a bit confusing lool

I'm at work and a bit hungover, I made a sandwich for lunch but forgot it!

What shall I have for lunch? I need a plan so I don't get tempted by all the lovely food places round here!! I'm thinking a jacket potato.... any other suggestions??

Cheers,

Holly x

What about jacket spud and beans? What plan you on?

Back