"And The Battle Continues..."

Today has been ok, just been a bit of a zombie. Wont be making the mistake of walking to the shopping centre again though until baby is here because i was knackered and even my daughters were getting so annoyed that i was so slow! In terms of slimming world today was a definitely a off plan day will get back to it tomorrow. My tummy is not as sore so maybe it was linked to the veg i had or scan bran as i have had non of that today so will have to be careful tomorrow and bring veg in slowly and maybe stay off the scan bran.
Whats been more funny for me today and got me through today is seeing the state of my husband. He really acts like he is pregnant and was moping around all day saying he was tired and he even went as far as getting a choc fudge cake because he was craving it!

Re: Safia's Pregnancy Diary

Sooo funny hobby having cravings although I've heard they can even have labour pains! You two must be close :)

Definitely know about the tummy pains last time on sw i thought i was ill but it was just all the fibre they say drinking extra water helps though :(

Lol i was drinking like a fish yesterday which meant i was up all night going to the loo too, i cant believe how painful the extra fibre is, at point in my sleep muddled mind i thought i was in labour!
In my last pregnancy when i was in labour my husband was having a jolly chat with the midwife and was getting ready to scoff a snickers bar until i started screaming i needed to push and than he got up! He lost 2 stone to get to his ideal weight and since i have been pregnant he has started eating large portions again and stopped taking his bike to work and just using his car all the time because he gets so tired lol.
Dont know what to do with sw, i really need to be on it but side affects are made worse by pregnancy. I think i will avoid green veg tomorrow because since falling pregnant broccoli just doesnt agree with me. I really want to be back in the 13s after having baby as i'm back in the 15s so that i can get to that final target quick x

Sounds like you have worked out what was causing the problem, I suppose its hard to tell if its the diet or the pregnancy or indeed the combination ( I am confused now lol), best to write down what you're having and then you can make the link up.

I am so glad you finally got some rest, bet you were needing it. Will your hubs have to go on a diet after his "pregnancy" as well then LOL

Sounds like you have worked out what was causing the problem, I suppose its hard to tell if its the diet or the pregnancy or indeed the combination ( I am confused now lol), best to write down what you're having and then you can make the link up.

I am so glad you finally got some rest, bet you were needing it. Will your hubs have to go on a diet after his "pregnancy" as well then LOL

I think its the broccoli, never had a prob with it before pregnancy but as soon as i got pregnant i couldnt eat it without suffering for it afterwards but i thought it had been a couple of months so lets try it again, wont be trying it again until after baby is here now. Hubs is a lucy git when it comes to weightloss, all it takes is him taking his bike to work instead of the car and his weight melts off him unlike me who has to slog hard for it. So after baby is here hopefully his tiredness will disappear and he will start taking his bike to to work again.

Lol i couldnt get out of bed wanted more sleep but feel a lot better today after having some good sleep but fell off the wagon after the workmen who were meant to turn up today to do the cavity wall insulation just mucked me about and then eventually rescheduled for monday, another wasted day on monday i think.
I will write a meal plan for tomorrow so that i dont mess up but have a pretty busy day anyway so wont have much time to fall off the wagon.

Right I have decided to start enjoying myself and not worry about sw all the time and just follow healthy eating and sw when possible. I wont be pregnant forever and will start losing weight again once i get my mojo back after having baby. Back to finishing cooking dinner otherwise theres gonna be a big riot soon x

Need to stop buying monster munch as i seem to have no control when they are in the house and the same goes with topic chocolate so no more or me when i do my next shop. Since not having any veg in my diet i seem to feel so much better but feel a guilty that baby isnt getting any veg vitamins. Also tiredness has now hit me so i could sleep all night and day :) Foodwise apart from the monster munch and topic binge it has been ok as i havent had much of a appetite but need to get some more fruit in as i'm not eating much veg.

Back from my mums, went on sat and back on sunday and oh boy did i miss my bed lol. Their bed made my ribs hurt more than usual so didnt get a very goods night sleep on sat night but yesterday i had such a good nights sleep despite the rib pain that i had no probs waking up with my son. So that visits done and finished just need to get back to healthy eating/sw which will be hard as all i want is toast and butter! On a very good note i have brought baby her first sleeping suits and vests just need ot wait till tuesday to collect them instore x

Lol i look like a monster munch right now and you can guess what i was munching on half an hour ago x
I am now slowing down at 35 weeks, cant seem to do much walking even though the kids have made me run so much today, cant move. SW has gone out of the window and i know i'm going to struggle being good after baby is born so everyday i try but end up off plan because i am so knackered. Also need to do the rest of my baby shopping and shopping for me and as i dont have much time left now i think i better get a move on x

Re: Safia's Pregnancy Diary

Don't be so hard on yourself you dont have long to go now and try your best to plan ahead with meals. Baby stuff shopping sounds lovely x

Lol i am a nightmare when it comes to baby shopping i want to buy everything so really need to control my impulses. I have been good so far but have just started buying baby stuff so dont know how long that will last x

Weigh in day for me tomorrow and really not looking forward to it but i think it will be the kick i need (i know i have said it before lol). I know half the crap i put in my mouth i dont need, i dont even enjoy it but still eat it so need to stop it and take advantage of the fact i dont feel hungry because baby has most probably squished up my stomach. Oh well need to face the music tomorrow at weigh in x

Right after a not so surprising gain of 5.5lbs today i think it was the kick i needed to get back on plan tomorrow. Total weight gain since beginning of pregnancy is 2 stones and from my lightest weight during pregnancy 2st12.5lbs so will try and reduce this gain and not gain anymore hopefully x

BREAKFAST
2 weetabix (1hexb) with skimmed milk (1hexa)
Lemon in hot water with tsp of honey (1syna)
Tea with sweetner and skimmed milk (hexa)

LUNCH
2 grilled scan bran, grilled halloumi and cherry toms
Nectarine
Passion fruit danio (1.5syns)
Tea with sweetner and skimmed milk (hexa)
Alpen light (hexb)

DINNER
Chicken, onion, mushrooms and bulgar wheat.
Orange and cherries

SYNS
Tsp honey (1syn), Passion fruit danio (1.5syns), Skips (4syns), Flake (8.5syns)
15 SYNS

WATER 1 litre
Half a litre NAS squash
Cup of warm water with lemon
2 Tea's with skimmed milk and sweetners

Last edited:
Today has been good, not felt the urge to cheat and stayed on plan 100%. I think i will set myself a challenge to stay on plan 100% until next weigh in in 2 weeks time as i dont think i have anything coming up so no excuses. Starting to feel hungry but thats probably because i couldnt finish all my dinner as i can only eat a little at a time so might slunk off to bed soon or eat a small snack. Was fairly safe with what i ate as i didnt want a funny tummy like last time so didnt have any broccoli today even though i wanted some, think i will play it safe tomorrow too x

Back