Anemia and CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Flubberbuster, 7 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Flubberbuster

Flubberbuster Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(24.77%)
    Hi All,

I have been on CD since Feb and have lost nearly 4st now - which is ace, however I have developed Anemia :cry: My doctor has said to put some red meat into my diet as the body absorbs the animal iron quickest and easily and also stick to my green veg....but I am right in thinking red meat isnt allowed??

I have tried calling my CDC but she is away - gah!!!

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

red meat is not one of the foods included in the lower plans , but I would do as your Dr says just to get your iron levels up again .... it is not worth risking your health over , you are no good skinny but ill .... include some lean red meat for a week or 2 ( you may stay in ketosis as its still protein ) then see if your Dr will give you any iron tablets , then you can get back on to SS

D

4. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Definitely follow your doctors advice, so its not allowed on SS+ you have to look after your health. It might be worth switching to something a little bit different until you get your health situation resolved and then coming back to CD

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.