Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Nice to have a bit of chill out time eh.

Perhaps writing down a list of ketogenic food would be helpful for hubby. That way he will be able to have some guidance on what's allowed for when he joins you Angel x

Hi Angel, just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far. Sounds like you have some obstacles in the way of a smooth run on the plan, but also sounds like you are more than capable of handling them and staying on track :) Wishing you the best of luck :)

Hope you are having a great day. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Angel, just wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far. Sounds like you have some obstacles in the way of a smooth run on the plan, but also sounds like you are more than capable of handling them and staying on track :) Wishing you the best of luck :)

Thanks Jayne. It's not an easy diet but I've tried every diet going and this really works. Good luck on your journey, we've almost the same to go, I'll race you to the finish line! :)

Nice to have a bit of chill out time eh.

Perhaps writing down a list of ketogenic food would be helpful for hubby. That way he will be able to have some guidance on what's allowed for when he joins you Angel x

Good suggestion Susie but hubby did LL with me in 2009 and lost about 6 stone. He knows atkins too so he def can't claim he didn't know. Starting tomorrow hopefully he will toe the line. Roll on a slimmer summer for all :) have a great day x

So i took Bubs swimming this morning. He screams if hubby is in the pool with us so he sat in the gym and read his book. Afterwards hubby called in the promised lunch and took me to Betty's in Harrogate. Very expensive. It was nice but too rich even though I stuck mostly to protein with mushrooms I've dreadful tummy ache. Promise fulfilled so he's starting Exante tomorrow yippeeeee.

As I reported earlier I got measured and bought two new bras in the sale. I'm two back sizes down and the bras are red and peach. I've just put one on to get used to it. My boobs are actually where they should be now which is apparently half way between shoulder and elbow (they've been holidaying down near my elbows for a while) but why do "properly fitting bras" feel like they are cutting you in half? No chance this ones going to ride up that's for sure...... And breathe.......

Ive just asked hubby if he will take a front and side pic of me for records but he's busy watching Big Bang theory and troughing a tin of shortbread as it shouldn't go to waste. (Is it any wonder I'm the size I am). He's bought pizza for his "last meal". I'm having peppermint tea and I'm not in the slightest tempted by a biccy. I really have changed.

Have a a great day all. X

Last edited:
Great news re bra size. Glad hubby is joining you it will make life so much easier. I wish my hubby would join me but he thinks he is fine the way he is (not necessarily the opinion of the management, me). If my hubby wants to lose weight he hits the gym or goes out on his bike. x

Great start to the day. I've five minutes before the outlaws arrive. Both my hubby and son are down for a sleep. Peace at last. Diet started today with Hubby too. I held up my end of the bargain so now it's his turn. I have to say I feel so much better being back on Exante without the pressure of food battles.

Day 1 today. I managed to stay at 21st5 over the last week. I thought I would have lost some as I stuck to Exante and only had a couple of meals. Hopefully I will be back in the 20s by next week. A friend arrives for a week on Friday so that's another challenge but I'm sure she will understand. She's incredibly fit and skinny.

Ive 56 days before I go back to work after maternity leave. I'm aiming for a 2 stone drop by then.

Roll on ketosis. Yummy shake for breakfast. Have a great day everyone.

edited: I give up. My mother in law was in the house less than five minutes before she tutted and said "you're on that stupid diet again" when I told them it wasn't a stupid diet and it works and that I'd bought in stuff to make them a cottage pie for dinner she just snapped and said they'd fend for themselves. I feel so annoyed.

Last edited:
Two shakes down and two pints of peppermint tea. I'm sooooo thirsty and have a mild headache but I'm determined. I'm actually feeling great about being back on it. Roll on goal!

Two shakes down and two pints of peppermint tea. I'm sooooo thirsty and have a mild headache but I'm determined. I'm actually feeling great about being back on it. Roll on goal!

I'm glad you're feeling good Angel! This diet can have perks and hopefully when you hit ketosis again you'll be feeling the buzz. I'm sure we can be success stories who reach our goals and maintain!
Hope your headache calms down soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on seeing the day through Angel x

Headache gone thanks Sheridan. Purely stress caused I think. Amazingly this afternoon went well. I'm 100% shakes only and believe it or not I'm in bed !
The outlaws are downstairs and after I had a lecture of looking so pale and tired I've taken the opportunity to come to bedroom. I couldn't face an evening of too loud sport on TV or more lectures.

Feeling in control again which is nice. I'm looking forward to my nails strengthening up which they always do on exante. Onwards and downwards :)

You can take great pleasure in proving your in laws wrong as the weight starts dropping off Angel :). Just think how proud you will feel on your return to work x

You can take great pleasure in proving your in laws wrong as the weight starts dropping off Angel :). Just think how proud you will feel on your return to work x

Thanks Susie I hope so. I told her the reason I'm pale and look tired is because ive not been on the diet totally through December and reminded her she had complemented me on looking really well in November when I was on it :)

I've become so much more outspoken since becoming a mum. She may be 4ft10 but she can be terrifying and really horrid sometimes.

I really would love to be 19st when I go back to work. No more shift work so hopefully it will be easier to keep going. 55 days to go!

Have a lovely evening x

Well done on putting your mother in law in her place. You are making yourself healthier for her son and grandson as well as yourself so she should be pleased about that. I had a horrible mother in law who always said I looked like a skinned rabbit! Having a difficult mother in law has made me a good mother in law and you will be the same in the dim and distant future when that day arrives. Good luck meanwhile. x

Hi Angel. Well done on getting back on the diet :) Great that you have your hubby doing it alongside you too. Wishing you both all the best of luck! Sorry your MIL was less than supportive though. It's a shame so many people just don't understand how good this diet is, particularly if you have such a lot of weight to lose - weight that can be very detrimental to your health. Life threatening even. I try not to tell too many people what I'm doing now. When they eventually start noticing I'm losing, I will just say I've done Weight Watchers or something. I've explained the diet to death to people in the past, but they never truly 'get it'. I give up now lol. Hope ketosis hits you soon. Good luck :)

Hi Angel! You are doing so well already, and i definitely think you will reach your mini goal in time for going back to work. Keep ignoring the MIL's attempts at bringing your morale down, I know family members just like that and it can be so demoralizing. You will have the last laugh! Keep going xxx

Well done on putting your mother in law in her place. You are making yourself healthier for her son and grandson as well as yourself so she should be pleased about that. I had a horrible mother in law who always said I looked like a skinned rabbit! Having a difficult mother in law has made me a good mother in law and you will be the same in the dim and distant future when that day arrives. Good luck meanwhile. x

thanks Mere, that's reassuring for me, she really has had the knack of making me feel I'm in the wrong. This mornings lecture is that little ones wardrobe needs a good clear out (I've just done it) and wouldn't his stuff be better in drawers etc etc. I just responded "well if you're having difficulties I can simplify arrangements for you but everything's in its own place". She then said he's far too many clothes. Her boys only had 4 sets of clothes. (She's guilty of buying most of them). Thankfully they are going out for a walk.

I hope your day is a good one.

Hi Angel. Well done on getting back on the diet :) Great that you have your hubby doing it alongside you too. Wishing you both all the best of luck! Sorry your MIL was less than supportive though. It's a shame so many people just don't understand how good this diet is, particularly if you have such a lot of weight to lose - weight that can be very detrimental to your health. Life threatening even. I try not to tell too many people what I'm doing now. When they eventually start noticing I'm losing, I will just say I've done Weight Watchers or something. I've explained the diet to death to people in the past, but they never truly 'get it'. I give up now lol. Hope ketosis hits you soon. Good luck :)

Thanks Jayne, you're quite right, no one understand that actually it's quite healthy with the vitamins and balance. I know my hair skin and nails improve. How're you feeling?

Hi Angel! You are doing so well already, and i definitely think you will reach your mini goal in time for going back to work. Keep ignoring the MIL's attempts at bringing your morale down, I know family members just like that and it can be so demoralizing. You will have the last laugh! Keep going xxx

Hi ED, it's nice to see you again. I love your avatar. Thanks for your supportive words. They've been really comforting, especially where MIL is concerned. I so want to reach my goal. It looks like your restart is going really well, well done you!

Back