Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Are you still on your own or do you have some company now Angel x

End of my first 100% day. At least I don't have to keep dashing to the loo! I'm still on my own in a 4 bed ward. It's great, I actually slept last night. its really really important I get rid of this excess weight, it's holding me back from so much and it's the only thing I actually have control of at the moment. It's hard to turn down all the food and snacks I get offered through the day though. I'm looking forward to the day they don't need to use the super extra large blood pressure cuff!

Have a a lovely day tomorrow x

I think you get offered so many snacks to try to stave off boredom that and the fact that the portion sizes are usually small. Well done on being 100%. You are obviously very determined to lose your excess weight and with that kind of determination you will succeed. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know you want to lose the weight, but please dont do it while you're recovering, very low calories can slow healing down dramatically. Just worry about the diet when you're out of there and recovered. Your recovery has to come first, the diet's not going anywhere.

Like the others have said, the most important thing is your recovery and getting you home when you're fit and ready. The diet can always be picked up again at home. Hospital food is naff, would they allow your husband to bring meals in for you? At least you would have a better control over what you're having. Most importantly - take it easy!! xx

Well done on staying so determined Angel. Have you had your clips out yet. I take it your pain is well controlled.

Did you manage to download the stuff onto your Kindle x

Well done on staying so determined Angel. Have you had your clips out yet. I take it your pain is well controlled.

Did you manage to download the stuff onto your Kindle x

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes and advice. Ive had another 100% day with loads of water. I showed the doc the packs and explained, she even switched me from the syrup oramorph to severodol pill to help (painkillers). She found it hard to accept that 3 pack was all I would have but in ketosis the body naturally uses your reserves of fat so we might only be consuming 600cals but we have lots of reserve stored in fat. She's given me her blessing to continue. The visiting vicar, a nurse and another patient AND my sister are looking into ordering too.

Ive had so many compliments on looking well today. Colour back in my cheeks and I'm feeling better. A surprise visit from my husband, son and sister was wonderful. He's on night shift too. They brought me a Teddybear to cuddle when I need to.

Ive been given a schedule for physical rehab next week so I guess that's my 20mins exercise a day sorted. No talk of me going home yet.

hubby has taken my kindle home to charge and download but with all my time in bed I've managed to turn my phone In to a personal wifi hub so I can do it myself next time. If it works.

Will check diaries soon. Nurses have come to turn me and tuck me in for the night

Stay strong everyone.

Last edited:
Wow I hope you are on commission from Exante with all your converts! You sound great. x

It just gets better, Angel! Great news that you have the Doc's blessing for TS. Soon you'll be home. Those 'exante' nurses will be singing your praises very soon x

Hi Angel :) Sounds like things are going well, although appreciate it must be extremely tough for you too. Massive well done on 2 days 100%. I'm sure most of that gain will be because you weren't able to do a re-feed and probably carb loaded. It won't be fat gain, and will drop away quickly :) Fabulous that you have your doctor's blessing to do the diet. Stay strong ;)

Hope today is good for you Angel. Take care. x

Gooood morning! Vanilla shake and 500ml water followed by 200ml black coffee and a bucket load of pills :urgh:
i supplimented with two rashers of bacon too because I'm going in the shower this morning and that's hard work plus it's tasty and gives me a salt intake. They only do cooked breaky at a weekend.

Weights first then shower. Have a great day. X

Gooood morning! Vanilla shake and 500ml water followed by 200ml black coffee and a bucket load of pills :urgh: i supplimented with two rashers of bacon too because I'm going in the shower this morning and that's hard work plus it's tasty and gives me a salt intake. They only do cooked breaky at a weekend. Weights first then shower. Have a great day. X

Sensible going with the bacon, you definitely need your strength, I hope that you are still feeling well in yourself.

Sounds like diet wise it is going good, and hope you aren't feeling too bored in hospital. :)

I've ordered a plain omelete for dinner too just to boost intake and keep in ketosis. It's amazing how much fluid we pass in the first few days. Mines being measured and its raised an eyebrow or two :). 2litres overnight! (TMI?)

I had a lovely surprise visit from my hubby, son and sister yesterday followed by my brother in law. It made me feel much better. I think I will have a bar for lunch. Hope you have a good day x

You are sounding good and so sensible. Lovely to have the visitors. 2litres weigh 4.5 lbs! x

You are sounding good and so sensible. Lovely to have the visitors. 2litres weigh 4.5 lbs! x

wow, that much, I had no idea! I've had my bar for lunch and a lovely omelete with cheese so I think I will call that my day done. I still have to drink a yucky powder mix they give me every night and can't help if there's carbs in it but I'm feeling good, no headache, def less bloated and much more positive.

Ive done another order and chose my own 84 box so I can try a couple of the new pots and bars. Especially excited about the cookie one. I even ordered one which is a pasta soup. I can't believe the range now.

I Saw my boy and Hub again today. Hub is on nights again too but has taken half a night so he can come as we live an hour away. I'm feeling very tired but happy and I've decided to try and just chill and let things unfold.

If if I have to have a lift in the house then maybe I will actually get my bedroom decorated for the first time in fifteen years :)

ive just got to pay s bill then I'm going to catch up on diaries. It's quite tricky on iPhone, especially without my glasses !

Be good x

I'm also having milk in my tea and coffee for extra calcium. Im not hungry and I'm getting furry tongued so I think ketosis is on the way. Night night all x

Woke up this morning to a shakey start (actually shakey not off diet shakey). I always look at the menu for the day but it's all carb loaded. They do some fab puds but if I can put on ten pounds in just a week here eating their food then I am sticking to packs as much as possible with the odd omelete or bacon in the mix. I had strawberry shake in one of the shake n go bottles with a black coffee and 500ml water. The surgeon wants me to drink lots so it works perfectly.

I don't know when they'll weigh me again but I would like to see the 19's or low 20's when they do.

Feeling positive, being showered, dressed (in magenta) and out of bed helps. I'm getting some company in the ward tonight and tomorrow its full steam ahead for an hours physio daily.

I'm off for a mooch around to burn off some energy before I'm back in bed . Have a good day !

What hospital are you in Angel.We never have any empty beds!!

Be nice to have some company, hope your'e new neighbours are nice & you get a good physio session. Ithink our ward staff weigh weekly, once they see your 1st week loss a few more will be asking you about the diet I'm sure. x

Hope you enjoyed your walk about. x

Back